Original post by A-LevelEconomist
My current predictions for Unit 1 2014 paper

(a total of 90 marks)

50=A

41=B

33=C

27=D

23=E

I reckon I've got at least around 58ish+, possibly more than 60 & I don't think I did as well as some people in my year...

I doubt they'd go much lower than 60 for an A tbh
Original post by HannahRudd-19
I posted my answer on a previous page :smile:

I believe the question was - Explain how you analysed and presented your results of your fieldwork and research into the success of rebranding schemes

Did it clearly say success? Because I don't know whether it did but I wrote about success when discussing analysis and presentation and thought I was going off topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatGirlx
Did it clearly say success? Because I don't know whether it did but I wrote about success when discussing analysis and presentation and thought I was going off topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't remember it saying 'success' at all, I think it was just 're-branding schemes'... well I hope so anyway :P
Original post by HannahRudd-19
I reckon I've got at least around 58ish+, possibly more than 60 & I don't think I did as well as some people in my year...

I doubt they'd go much lower than 60 for an A tbh

Yeah I agree with you,
Around 50 marks is 60 UMS so I doubt the boundary is going to be any lower than that ...
49/70 if were lucky which would be 59/90 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iceangel8
Don't remember it saying 'success' at all, I think it was just 're-branding schemes'... well I hope so anyway :P

Yeah that's what I thought .. I didn't think it said success but I went on and explained how my analysis helped me come to the conclusion of whether a place was successful at rebranding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's what I thought .. I didn't think it said success but I went on and explained how my analysis helped me come to the conclusion of whether a place was successful at rebranding

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's what most people did and what you are supposed to do I completely missed that out :P I just talked about my fieldwork and research methods for the types of re-branding strategies (EQ2) and said how I presented the data found.
so what would the raw mark for a C be?
Original post by thunder-kitsune
so what would the raw mark for a C be?

Last year you needed 42/70 for a C but it depends how people did, I don't think it will be below 40 though. :smile:
Damn. Hopefully I got above 50 for paper. If so then I'll kinda be set. But it looks like its not gonna be like that for unit 1 xD Depending if my answers are on the bloody mark scheme.

More worried about economics unit 2 now :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iceangel8
I think that's what most people did and what you are supposed to do I completely missed that out :P I just talked about my fieldwork and research methods for the types of re-branding strategies (EQ2) and said how I presented the data found.

That's right too because it didn't even ask for success at all :smile:
Hopefully they accept both answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 390
That's right too because it didn't even ask for success at all :smile:
Hopefully they accept both answers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah, if they wanted us to talk about success, they would have mentioned it like they did in all other success questions right.. :rolleyes:
Original post by hajs
yeah, if they wanted us to talk about success, they would have mentioned it like they did in all other success questions right.. :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree with you
However I do think they'd accept answers where you talked about how your analysis of your fieldwork suggested whether an area was successful or not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 392
Yeah I agree with you
However I do think they'd accept answers where you talked about how your analysis of your fieldwork suggested whether an area was successful or not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hope you can get into level 4 by merely touching on success because i didn't at all haha D:
Anyone else use London Docklands for the rebranding sustainability question?
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

me :smile:
FINALLY, someone else who did about the Docklands :biggrin: pretty much everyone else at school did about the Sydney green Olympics...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kaystaarr
FINALLY, someone else who did about the Docklands :biggrin: pretty much everyone else at school did about the Sydney green Olympics...

The London Docklands was a good one to talk about!
I was actually going to but then I opted for the Olympics haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hajs
i hope you can get into level 4 by merely touching on success because i didn't at all haha D:

Me too haha *fingers crossed* :biggrin:
Original post by kaystaarr

Ooh, what kind of stuff did you put? I think most people at my school did about Cornwall (Eden Project), London Olympics and Holbeck Urban Village (where we did our fieldwork) :smile:
Original post by peaaceandl0ve

I spoke about the Docklands Light Rail as part of the 2012 Olympic redevelopment?
Original post by DaveUncle
I spoke about the Docklands Light Rail as part of the 2012 Olympic redevelopment?

I mentioned that too! But I put that it has 320,000 users a year, instead of per week :facepalm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending