The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get in Athletico now for the Champions League
Congrats Atleti. Deserve it for the sheer determination. Please beat RM next week it would be perfect.

Look at how many fans they had (via twitter) AtletivBarca.jpg

Not many teams go to the Nou Camp and get a result. Especially in circumstances like these
Reply 5322
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC

The 2013/14 champions of la liga and CL finalists deserve to be spelled correctly. It's Atlético. No h.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Yes, it's all that one decision's fault Barcelona got beaten to the title.

Even taking out the one blatant penalty, he was pretty consistently pro atletico. Atletico played really well but I don't think they really deserved the draw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DavidSilvaMCFC

:confused: hu r athletico
Absolutely delighted. So good to see another team win La Liga after so long (been over a decade?).

Atletico could really do with the cash boost too. Although you know the side will be broken up pretty quickly with lots of big money bids coming in..
Reply 5326
Original post by Zerforax
Absolutely delighted. So good to see another team win La Liga after so long (been over a decade?).

One decade exactly. Valencia 2003/4.
Reply 5327
Original post by qua
Alexis jugadorazo :coma:

Nice goal but kinda lucky. Last 30 mins I was so stressed. Refs fking love barca :angry:
Messi gone missing hahaha
Reply 5329
Original post by samba
Nice goal but kinda lucky. Last 30 mins I was so stressed. Refs fking love barca :angry:

Very lucky, only big chance Barça created all game (bar Messi's goal of course), which is why I said the draw was deserved. Mateu Lahoz is hardly pro-Barça though, especially not in this match.

With Costa likely out for the final, I'm a bit sceptical of Atléti's chances against Real, so I'm happy for them they won la liga. Would have been criminal had they gotten nothing out of this season.
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
Even taking out the one blatant penalty, he was pretty consistently pro atletico. Atletico played really well but I don't think they really deserved the draw

Posted from TSR Mobile

The league is more than one match and more than one dodgy decision.
Original post by ozzyoscy
The league is more than one match and more than one dodgy decision.

No I agree. Atletico absolutely deserved to win the league. They just didn't deserve anything out of this match.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qua
One decade exactly. Valencia 2003/4.

Other than Costa, do you think Atletico can keep most of the squad? Will Simeone stay? You know a lot of big clubs will be willing to take a punt on him.

Rafa and Simoene the last two to win La Liga other than Barca/Real managers?
Reply 5333
Original post by qua
Very lucky, only big chance Barça created all game (bar Messi's goal of course), which is why I said the draw was deserved. Mateu Lahoz is hardly pro-Barça though, especially not in this match.

With Costa likely out for the final, I'm a bit sceptical of Atléti's chances against Real, so I'm happy for them they won la liga. Would have been criminal had they gotten nothing out of this season.

Heard any news on Costa? Didn't look that bad to me by the end, but his crying did suggest something bad.

Didn't feel ray hudson was on form today.

Other than Costa, do you think Atletico can keep most of the squad? Will Simeone stay? You know a lot of big clubs will be willing to take a punt on him.

It's not really a punt anymore. He's pretty proven. I think he'll stay for the moment. Pretty loyal guy. The other big move would probably be Koke, but he's said recently he'd like to stay. Still, big money talks.
(edited 9 years ago)
Well done Atleti, with the way Barca have played in the second half of the season it would have been wrong for them to win the league. Was still gutted when Godin scored, but Atleti are a tough nut to crack.

Now hopefully Costa and Turan's injuries arent that bad and they can stop Real doing La Decima, wouldnt be able to stomach that.

Simeone has said this was Atletico's only chance to win something, as in they're overachieving and Barcelona and Real will dominate for another 10 years. Also, it's World Cup year, so chances are the Argentina manager is leaving or getting sacked by the end. It would be the perfect time for Simeone to take over.

Otherwise, if Atletico win the double and if they have money, it would be an exciting job to take.
So atletico break the La liga duopoly for the first time in 10 years. Now for them to deny their city rivals la decima!
Congrats to Atletico - thought it was heading for a negative result when Costa/Turan both went off and Sanchez' thunderbolt. Simeone's team-talk must have been the equivalent of the Fergie hairdryer with the way they started the second half.

They've deserved to win it for the whole season and you really hope they can keep it together for next season. If they can only lose Costa and keep the rest, bring in a replacement (Lukaku) then they might be able to sustain the challenge and bring in more squad players. Insane how they've managed to play a smaller squad without massive injuries besides the last month.

I can see - and hope - Real win the CL but it's 50-50 with Costa out and Ronaldo not 100% fit so they could pull it off.
As a Real fan, I wasn't sure who I wanted to win, but that smug self-righteous **** Xavi coming out to proclaim Barca deserved the league tipped the balance for me.

Congratulations to Atleti, hopefully they're still drunk on champagne and glory come next week.
Martino steppin down then, who do ya think is next in line?

Latest