The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 and C3 15th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by f.loco
Hey i put pencil as it doesnt dissolve in the SOLUTE not solvent. Do i still get the marks???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, the examiner will understand what your point was
Original post by Applequestria
Probably, the examiner will understand what your point was

But i made it clear that i meant itll dissolve in the water instead of the food colouring samples, what do u think now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1162
tbh i found c3 much easier....i seem like the only one in my class though :s-smilie:
See man driving a german whip

Posted from TSR Mobile
MY PREDICTIONS for C2 and C3:
A* 45
A 39
B 35
C 29
D 24

What about you?
Original post by revisioner
A* 45
A 39
B 35
C 29
D 24

What about you?

Mate stop worrying lol. Focus on P2 P3?
Original post by John10000
Mate stop worrying lol. Focus on P2 P3?

Haha. I haven't got any physics. I'm doing it next year. I'm year 10 at the minute and only doing Biology and Chemistry. (And two maths) :smile:
Haha. I haven't got any physics. I'm doing it next year. I'm year 10 at the minute and only doing Biology and Chemistry. (And two maths) :smile:

Oh ok haha, sorry im nervous, got physics on monday!

Ii think i have a general understanding, but a couple of tricky questions, a couple of unusually written questions and my grade can drop so bad!!
Original post by John10000
nope

'Elements are arranged in order of atomic number'

However, my friend, it was talking specifically about protons, and command was to DESCRIBE.
A* 45
A 39
B 35
C 29
D 24

What about you?

For C2, I reckon it will be:

A* 46
A 40
B 34
C 28
D 23

Pretty similar to yours to be honest.

A lot of people at my school have said it was difficult, but not as difficult as B2 (nowhere near as difficult in my opinion).

Must be getting on with P2 revision, seeing as I have totally screwed up B2. C2 has made up what I've lost given how well it went. Just going to hope and also revise well to see if P2 will share similar results.
Original post by f.loco
But i made it clear that i meant itll dissolve in the water instead of the food colouring samples, what do u think now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh, what did you write will dissolve in water? (the ink or the pencil)

Basically, if you write anything about the pen dissolving in the solvent in the beaker or the pencil not dissolving in solvent in the beaker, then you should be alright. You can replace 'solvent' with any named solvent such as water or ethanol.
You know the diagram where you had to draw the outer shell of 2 oxygen atoms bonded together, is it necessary to use dots AND crosses, because I only used crosses as it did not specify
Guys, for the first two questions on the C2 paper... did you guys say carbonated water and carbonate ions, or phosphorus ions?! However, when I looked at the data sheet there aren't ions in Phosphorus... So I put Carbonate ions?!?!?!! HELP
Original post by yeyhelloxoxoxo
Guys, for the first two questions on the C2 paper... did you guys say carbonated water and carbonate ions, or phosphorus ions?! However, when I looked at the data sheet there aren't ions in Phosphorus... So I put Carbonate ions?!?!?!! HELP

For what question is this?
Original post by jjsnyder
For what question is this?

IT was the first question on the paper! The one which had a label, and it said "what ingredient on the label lowers the acid down to a pH of 2.9" something like that, and the second question said something like "which ion....." etc
@yeyhelloxoxoxo: for the first one, I put phosphoric acid. The part about which ion making it more acidic to a pH of 2.9, I put H+ (hydrogen). I doubt they're wrong.
Original post by yeyhelloxoxoxo
IT was the first question on the paper! The one which had a label, and it said "what ingredient on the label lowers the acid down to a pH of 2.9" something like that, and the second question said something like "which ion....." etc

It was phosphoric Acid, you had to choose from the list of ingredients. pH from 0-6 are acids, the carbonated water already had a pH of 4.5, and the pH becomes lower because it becomes more acidity, therefore, it was phosphoric acid. And the ion was hydrogen/H+. Hydrogen ions are found in acid solution, while hydroxide are from in alkaline solutions.
Original post by zali249
Voltage increases as resistance increases.

This is because when a higher voltage is applied the metal ions vibrate more often making it difficult for the delocalised electrons carrying current to 'weave' past throughout the structure hence a greater resistance.

Hope this is okay It has come up in nearly every P2 paper including this years's Jan 2014 paper- it maybe be checking out a few mark schemes just in case to embed that idea.

Hey :smile: I agree it has come up in most physics past papers but its only been a 1 mark answer? I always put the bulb gets hotter aha :smile: btw how you feeling about the physics paper tomorrow :s-smilie: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
can som3one post all the c3 questions?
Original post by Rudeboyzzz
Hey :smile: I agree it has come up in most physics past papers but its only been a 1 mark answer? I always put the bulb gets hotter aha :smile: btw how you feeling about the physics paper tomorrow :s-smilie: ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I understand where you are coming from- whilst there was a 1 marker on this in Jun 13 there was a 3 marker in Jun 12 as well as Jun 14 with the answer I have stated above. I've attached the question and answer in case it helps anyone :smile:
As for the exam- I cant call it on difficulty after that bio exam , aqa really do grind my gears grrr . All the best to everyone- We can do this i/a ! :biggrin:

PS. The question is from JUN 12 - the question from JUN 14 was the opposite way round (why does resistance decrease at a lower voltage for 3 marks)
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest