The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's essentialy what the Europa league is to top champions league quality teams you play the kids early on and if luck has it and you get to the latter stages you can then start playing the big boys and have yourself a trophy.

It all boils down to last summer transfer window though

A striker, winger and midfielder and the league was arsenals but we'll never know what was going through wengers mind ozil on deadline day with arsenals resources is unforgivable
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baconbutty
It's essentialy what the Europa league is to top champions league quality teams you play the kids early on and if luck has it and you get to the latter stages you can then start playing the big boys and have yourself a trophy.

It all boils down to last summer transfer window though

A striker, winger and midfielder and the league was arsenals but we'll never know what was going through wengers mind ozil on deadline day with arsenals resources is unforgivable

We'll buy this summer and for sure put up a real challenge for the PL and CL. Plus we'll have Ramsey and Walcott fit for the whole season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So the last time a team came back from 2-0 down in an FA Cup final England won the World Cup in the same year...destiny?
Original post by qwerty_mad
We'll buy this summer and for sure put up a real challenge for the PL and CL. Plus we'll have Ramsey and Walcott fit for the whole season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walcotts injury is one that will keep him out well in to the start of next season and Ramsey won't stay fit

Also probably won't buy again
Original post by Dr. Django
So the last time a team came back from 2-0 down in an FA Cup final England won the World Cup in the same year...destiny?

Austria also won eurovision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its gonna happen
Walcotts injury is one that will keep him out well in to the start of next season and Ramsey won't stay fit

Also probably won't buy again

Why not? This season's injury is the only one of any significance since his leg break.
Reply 4627
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Posted from TSR Mobile

Atletico also won La liga but Liverpool won the league that year.

So Gerrard has ruined everything for the whole of England
Original post by 419
Should I qffr this? Remember when y'all were saying we'd struggle against Dortmund and Napoli?

But you did struggle, you were one goal from being knocked out in the competition?

You'll probably beat Bilbao and I hope you beat the scum. **** em Los Txuri Urdin till I die.
Man feels go out to William Gallas

Guy was there in our roughest patch, would have been so nice to see him lift that trophy for us.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Why not? This season's injury is the only one of any significance since his leg break.

Because he's a key player now it's pretty much a given he's going to be overplayed and get injured
guess I missed the celebration?

Just came back from a wedding, - missed the match, and could only follow the score on my phone.. never was in to much doubt to be honest, as soon as it got to 2 nil so early on, always felt like it was to early for them to take the lead..

Came home to check tsr thread, and watch the highlights.. and all I see is fighting/arguing as normal? - did the celebration happen? guess I just missed it..

Either way, today is no day for petty arguing... Loving everyhting :smile:

My brief thoughts:

- love the awful timing of who ever posted on here yesterday saying that cazorla can not take freekicks.. such bad timing

- Ramsey winning it for arsenal just feels right..

- sanogo seemed to have a reasonable game from what people are saying?

- Brilliant to win something for the team though, just what the club needs to keep players, and bringing confidence/a winning attitude..

- this has made next season much more exciting!

- Gutted I wont be in london for the celebrations, had to leave on friday, and wont be back a while due to taking a job in liverpool of all places :frown:
Because he's a key player now it's pretty much a given he's going to be overplayed and get injured

By the time he got injured this season he wasn't being played any more than the previous seasons. His performances are just more noticeable now that he has become a better player.
Reply 4633
Since the 3rd round draw when I was asking for Tottenham draw we have truly deserved this. We've beat some of the best teams and beat the holders. We've shown class's, fight and commitment. We've answered our critics and proved we're not bottlers.this is a big step forward for our club. We're back on track. #GOONERS
Original post by De Chirico
Herp Derp, do you see anyone saying we won the Champions League? We're celebrating winning the FA cup. Why wouldn't we? **** off with your sour grapes.

Meh sorry about that, I was just being bitter. Calmed down anyway.

Seriously though well done, you deserve it this year having played some tough opponents throughout.
Well done to you guys. Long overdue that you picked up a trophy of some sort, well done.
Original post by Mr Smurf
By the time he got injured this season he wasn't being played any more than the previous seasons. His performances are just more noticeable now that he has become a better player.

Do you have the statistics to back that up because I'm 99% sure that's wrong

edit: yep as I suspected 12 less apps than last season and 9 less than the season before when he was injured for 4 months and I'm also sure he had a lot of apps off the bench in the previous 2 seasons criminally overplayed no wonder he was injured I think wenger even admitted this
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an exam on Tuesday and I practically wasted this entire day and I could care less right now (will regret it on tuesday).
I was too happy and still am buzzing I couldn't focus at all lol

Also I love you Arsene.
Reply 4638
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
defense mechanism?

i said technically he is correct.
you go from "wenger out" to "best team the world has ever seen" in a single match.

you certainly deserved to win the match, but i just wish you would have performed at a higher level so you could have remembered this day as the day you rose up, brushed aside your opponent, and began collecting trophies again.

Winning is winning. And coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 will certainly be more memorable than a 3-0 crushing of Hull.

You sound like a bitter Liverpool fan coming up with a defence mechanism for how you're going to finish 7th next season.
Reply 4639
Right now the hype is over..

What the **** was the ref doing? Absolutely awful refereeing, almost cost us the cup!

Latest