The Student Room Group

The physics aqa gcse exam tomarrow..

Hello,

Does anyone have any ideas what type of questions are likely to come up in the physics 2 exam tomorrow, I am really scared about it, I revised as much as I can but still scared.. :frown:

Thanks,
Megan :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by AlphaNick
:dots:

any ideas??....
I reckon there could be a 6-marker on terminal velocity. We've had 6-markers on stars and radiation very recently. Probably a lot of circuit / momentum questions too.

If there was a 6 marker on terminal velocity - what would you put? im not sure if i know 6 points.
Reply 3
I reckon there could be a 6-marker on terminal velocity. We've had 6-markers on stars and radiation very recently. Probably a lot of circuit / momentum questions too.

oh.. thanks.... :biggrin:
I'm probably wrong, but I can't remember seeing many explosion question on recent past papers. So yes, momentum and circuit questions. Possibly also some questions about the formation of elements.
Reply 5
Original post by ElliotRobinson1
If there was a 6 marker on terminal velocity - what would you put? im not sure if i know 6 points.

well you can talk about the accelerating force acting as gravity (weight), It could make them fall at the same rate. air resistance cause things to fall at different speed. say when an object Is falling at a steady speed It has reached its terminal velocity. the fractional force depends on its shape and area.

example: a sky diver, when he open the parachute the surface area increases and the air resistance increases too. but with the parachute not opened there is small surface area.
Reply 6
Original post by Lokiofasgard
I'm probably wrong, but I can't remember seeing many explosion question on recent past papers. So yes, momentum and circuit questions. Possibly also some questions about the formation of elements.

hmmm... I agree...... but I have a feeling that the 6 mark question could be something on radioactivity or the life cycle of stars.. but who knows..
(edited 9 years ago)
Does anyone have any P3 past paper resources (online) that I could use? I'm super worried about P3 tomorrow.
It would be greeeeaaaat help!
Original post by Megan_90
hmmm... I agree...... but I have a feeling that the 6 mark question could be something on radioactivity or the life cycle of stars.. but who knows..

The life cycle of stars came up quite recently, which if why it's less likely to be the 6 marker. I don't know, it'll be something. Hopefully we won't get two.
Reply 9
Original post by Lokiofasgard
The life cycle of stars came up quite recently, which if why it's less likely to be the 6 marker. I don't know, it'll be something. Hopefully we won't get two.

well yeah... I hope its going to be easy. :unsure:
Reply 10
Original post by legolaswarri0r
Does anyone have any P3 past paper resources (online) that I could use? I'm super worried about P3 tomorrow.

The only online resources that I know are online for P3 are on the AQA website.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-4403/past-papers-and-mark-schemes
Look either at the Specimen Papers or at the June 2013 Unit 3 Section.
Apparently if you're doing Higher for P2, half life questions will always come up.
Reply 12
Original post by legolaswarri0r

I found these:

P3 Higher:
Question Paper | Mark Scheme

P3 Higher:
Question Paper | Mark Scheme

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/science/gcse/physics-4403/past-papers-and-mark-schemes/old-past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Physics: http://store.aqa.org.uk/sciencelab/A...S-W-SQP-3H.PDF

hope this helps.. :smile:
all the best for the exam
Reply 13
there has already been a 6 marker n terminal velocity though with the parachutist :s-smilie:
Reply 14
I think the loudspeaker may come up for p3
Reply 15
Original post by elishx__h
Apparently if you're doing Higher for P2, half life questions will always come up.

Are you very confident? otherwise I could revise that all by-heart. :smile:
If you're given a graph you could be told to explain everything with a parachutist who is falling and deploys parachute.

- when parachutist jumps out, weight > drag, so he accelerates
- as velocity increases, drag force increases, so he decelerates
- eventually, drag = weight, no resultant force, constant peed / terminal velocity reached
- pulls out parachute, increasing surface area for air molecules to hit
- this increases the drag force, the parachutist decelerates
- eventually, drag = weight again and he reaches terminal velocity with the parachute deployed

Is drag basically air resistance
Original post by xoflower

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by RJohnson
there has already been a 6 marker n terminal velocity though with the parachutist :s-smilie:

yea, it has. what about radiation or static electricity or maybe ohm's law and car safety. I dunno, probably its a good Idea to revise them all. :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by xoflower

'drag' is when an object passes through a fluid (i.e.: water)
'air resistance' is when an object passes through air

Quick Reply

Latest