The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 History

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by NicolaM
Did you get culture? :/ I really have grown to hate history ever since taking it at a level. Uhm I usually use about 16/17. Yea my thoughts exactly!!! I'm going to TRY and learn it all but that probably won't work out..

I was doing russian foreign policy so the question was about was the foreign policy characterised by change or continuity from 1917-1991:/ in each essay?:redface: I dont think I could learn that many for every single topic! Are you just learning essays ?
Original post by kathrync
I was doing russian foreign policy so the question was about was the foreign policy characterised by change or continuity from 1917-1991:/ in each essay?:redface: I dont think I could learn that many for every single topic! Are you just learning essays ?

Oh! Fingers crossed scaling will work in your favour :smile: I used some of the same ones..like the wooden bridge speech applies to hr, Sinn Fein and Easter rising.. I also tried to pick small quotes so they weren't long chunks.
Reply 42
Original post by NicolaM
Oh! Fingers crossed scaling will work in your favour :smile: I used some of the same ones..like the wooden bridge speech applies to hr, Sinn Fein and Easter rising.. I also tried to pick small quotes so they weren't long chunks.

Hopefully but I think I answered it in the wrong way anyway :frown: that is a good idea! Really hope gov of ireland act or ni doesnt come up!
Hopefully but I think I answered it in the wrong way anyway :frown: that is a good idea! Really hope gov of ireland act or ni doesnt come up!

Hoping for HR, ER & Anglo/Irish war next week! What way did you answer ideologies?

Hopefully you did ok! Try not to let it drag you down. I really hope we get something so so nice. Can't deal with getting a crap paper. You many more exams?
Original post by thecoopinator
Hoping for HR, ER & Anglo/Irish war next week! What way did you answer ideologies?

I think they may throw government of Ireland up as a source..hasn't been a source yet and was an essay question in 2011. I've looked at the pattern anyway and it's a guarantee that we get home rule, Sinn Fein or Easter rising as an essay option so learn those OFF by heart :smile:
Original post by NicolaM
How was ur English and what was it? I think mine was terrible!!

Sorry I'm only replying now! My English was Chaucer and historical drama plays. It went okay I think, I predicted what came up so I was happy with that.
Reply 47
Original post by thecoopinator

That would be a good mix! I wrote about aggressive and defensive policies and how they were continous to spread communism in east europe and protect ussr. however there was change with economic policies and changes in circumstances also led to change in policies etc. But everyone else wrote about security and then change bein economy..I just overcomplicated it! Wby?
Reply 48
Original post by NicolaM
I think they may throw government of Ireland up as a source..hasn't been a source yet and was an essay question in 2011. I've looked at the pattern anyway and it's a guarantee that we get home rule, Sinn Fein or Easter rising as an essay option so learn those OFF by heart :smile:

I have like no notes on gov of ireland act:| what book etc has good notes on it? Yea I was thinking that too my brain just doesnt want to remember anything about Ireland atm and I have biology the day before:|
Original post by Zadeth
Sorry I'm only replying now! My English was Chaucer and historical drama plays. It went okay I think, I predicted what came up so I was happy with that.

My Shakespeare was sooo ****. Like I think I argued it badly. I had jane eyre today and it was a gift of a paper. Such an easy and nice question but it means that grade boundaries will fall..FML
I have like no notes on gov of ireland act:| what book etc has good notes on it? Yea I was thinking that too my brain just doesnt want to remember anything about Ireland atm and I have biology the day before:|

Try Russell Rees, he's amazing. Ahh! That's terrible! I really hope it goes ok for you. I have yet to start revision notes!!!!!
Reply 51
Original post by NicolaM
Try Russell Rees, he's amazing. Ahh! That's terrible! I really hope it goes ok for you. I have yet to start revision notes!!!!!

Thanks so much! Im doing that atm there is so much learning eep! I am making essays in bullet point form for my revision notes what are you doing?
Thanks so much! Im doing that atm there is so much learning eep! I am making essays in bullet point form for my revision notes what are you doing?

That's a good idea. I'm a hardcore revision note maker so mine will be extremely detailed. I categorise the information of a specific theme: e.g Home rule: Asquith and liberals, conservatives, events etc
Any of you started revising yet?!! :/
Reply 54
Original post by NicolaM
Any of you started revising yet?!! :/

Im still writing these revision notes I have no willpower:frown: wby?
Im still writing these revision notes I have no willpower:frown: wby?

...just started game of thrones season so nope :/ I plan to do past papers later tonight tho, work on exam technique because that's where I lose my marks :/
Reply 56
Original post by NicolaM
...just started game of thrones season so nope :/ I plan to do past papers later tonight tho, work on exam technique because that's where I lose my marks :/

Lmao I got distracted with the tv too:/ oh god im just winging the source questions cause I done bad in them at AS so I know ill do bad again whatever I do:frown: I am freaking out yet really cba doing anything eep
Lmao I got distracted with the tv too:/ oh god im just winging the source questions cause I done bad in them at AS so I know ill do bad again whatever I do:frown: I am freaking out yet really cba doing anything eep

I'm so easily distracted! Didn't even do the past papers yesterday..doing Sinn Fein revision notes and then I'm properly gona revise and do some questions.. I hope.
Hey, so what are use gonna focus on?
home rule is too long, I cant bring myself to look at it :frown:
Original post by Danielleett2
Hey, so what are use gonna focus on?
home rule is too long, I cant bring myself to look at it :frown:

I'm gona focus on Sinn Fein and Northern Ireland and Irish free state as it hasn't been up since it was a new specification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending