The Student Room Group

Sociology AQA GCSE paper 2 monday.

What social perspectives would I write about for the mini essay on Section B: Mass Media? This is the only one where I can't find some good sources for what I would write about I understand the Conflict approach, Functional approach and interactionist approach but I know there is more to it than that.
Also if anyone knows the best way to structure the 12 mark questions and understands how to achieve full marks that would be great thanks.
I have WJEC on monday :smile:
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
I have WJEC on monday :smile:

Good luck!
Did it...ugh i hated that exam!
Original post by Dumbledore'sArmy
Did it...ugh i hated that exam!

The AQA was not too bad although I didn't enjoy some of the essay questions... Physics on the other hand, that killed me :confused:
How did everyone find the second sociology paper?
Original post by Kirankhalsa
How did everyone find the second sociology paper?

AQA or WJEC?
AQA
It was all right... The hardest section for me was inequalities, the two five mark questions where a bit changing (mainly because at this point I was running low on time) and the 12 mark question on social class as the main cause of social inequalities was worded in a way that makes answers limiting. Crime and deviance was the easiest for me. In my school they don't teach power so I don't have anything to say about that. You?
I found it alright. We did power instead of social inequalities! I found the crime and deviance section quite challenging actually. I didn't know the social policy that would reduce crime and completely made up the government one ( I put ASBOS)
what do u think the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Kirankhalsa
what do u think the grade boundaries will be?

My teacher seems to think they will be low this year because of the general elections. Government lowers grade boundaries to look good when it comes to voting, people vote conservative and so on. Not sure if its true but its worth a thought.
Reply 12
Original post by Hallucinatory
My teacher seems to think they will be low this year because of the general elections. Government lowers grade boundaries to look good when it comes to voting, people vote conservative and so on. Not sure if its true but its worth a thought.

could you give an estimate on what you think the marks for an a grade would be?

Quick Reply