The Student Room Group

Higher Information Systems 2014

I was sitting Higher Information Systems this year without a struggle. I had got myself 75% in last year's past paper, and 68% in the paper the year before that.However, I can safely say that the 2014 paper was one of THE worst... EVER! How did you all think you did? I think I've missed my chance of gaining another Higher :/:frown:
Wasn't the easiest paper I've done, but I don't think it was the worst- Let's just say my 55/60 coursework could go a long way in determining my grade!
It was horrible! It was really difficult this year compared to previous years.
Reply 3
What do you learn in Higher Information Systems? Is it like Computer Science?
Original post by kka25
What do you learn in Higher Information Systems? Is it like Computer Science?

If you're asking because you're thinking of taking it, Higher Info Systems doesn't exist now. It's being combined with Higher Computing to form the new CfE Higher Computer Science.

In Higher Information Systems we learned about Using Information, Relational Database Systems and one of three optional units (we did The Internet). There was also a coursework task for 30% of your final grade.
Reply 5
Original post by Samson Simpson
If you're asking because you're thinking of taking it, Higher Info Systems doesn't exist now. It's being combined with Higher Computing to form the new CfE Higher Computer Science.

In Higher Information Systems we learned about Using Information, Relational Database Systems and one of three optional units (we did The Internet). There was also a coursework task for 30% of your final grade.

Sounds ****.
Original post by Ecasx
Sounds ****.

I loathed it and I have never met anyone who liked it. On the plus side if you can commit piles of useless crap to memory and learn to work with Access it was an "easy" Higher. Everyone took it because they needed to fill a column or, like me, wanted to take Higher Computing and were told that it was basically the same thing.
Reply 7
Original post by Samson Simpson
I loathed it and I have never met anyone who liked it. On the plus side if you can commit piles of useless crap to memory and learn to work with Access it was an "easy" Higher. Everyone took it because they needed to fill a column or, like me, wanted to take Higher Computing and were told that it was basically the same thing.

They put databases into Nat 5 computing. Not that it's difficult, just extremely boring and irrelevant to what I believe is at the core of computing - programming, code. I'm doing Higher next year and thankfully - thankfully - my school is doing the old Higher, as the new one seems like a proper pile of ****.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending