The Student Room Group

Help :( urbanistaion - geography

this topic is confusing me :frown:
Reply 1
it is basically when people move to urban areas to find jobs and have a better quality of life...i am assuming that this is geography...if it is you have to have an urbanisation case study....really dreading the geog exam...also get the cgp gepgraphy....it explains it all really clearly :smile::smile: what boards are you doing? and is it GCSE? :smile:
Original post by Marcusroye98
this topic is confusing me :frown:

What do you want to know?
Original post by NooNoo1
it is basically when people move to urban areas to find jobs and have a better quality of life...i am assuming that this is geography...if it is you have to have an urbanisation case study....really dreading the geog exam...also get the cgp gepgraphy....it explains it all really clearly :smile::smile: what boards are you doing? and is it GCSE? :smile:[/QU
I am doing GCSE :smile: The CPG says nothing about projects to improve CBD's :frown:
Original post by AliyaMustafina
What do you want to know?

I don't understand the projects to improve CBD's and the city challenge scheme :frown:
I don't understand the projects to improve CBD's and the city challenge scheme :frown:

I think I must have been with a different exam hoard than you at GCSE because we did not do the City Challenge Scheme then. However at A-Level we did do a big unit on urban areas. Things like regeneration projects can improve urban areas so like getting an area of derelict run down buildings and building new shops etc. This brings new jobs to the CBD reducing unemployment, also regeneration projects attracts more investment to the area as more people visit the area.

I hope this helps a bit, as I said I think I must have been on a different exam board to you so I can't really talk about the City Challenge Scheme.
I think I must have been with a different exam hoard than you at GCSE because we did not do the City Challenge Scheme then. However at A-Level we did do a big unit on urban areas. Things like regeneration projects can improve urban areas so like getting an area of derelict run down buildings and building new shops etc. This brings new jobs to the CBD reducing unemployment, also regeneration projects attracts more investment to the area as more people visit the area.

I hope this helps a bit, as I said I think I must have been on a different exam board to you so I can't really talk about the City Challenge Scheme.

Thank-you :biggrin: I think its just because the revision guide misses out on some of the important bits :frown:
Thank-you :biggrin: I think its just because the revision guide misses out on some of the important bits :frown:

Geography revision guides at ****. Our A-Level teachers specifically said not to buy the A-Level one because they don't go into enough detail to get all the marks in the exams
Reply 8

from what i have understood, CBDs have become run down becuase of out of town retail and so they are becoming pedestrianised and clone shops are moving there...a good example is the vale of glamorgan in cardiff :smile::smile:
Geography revision guides at ****. Our A-Level teachers specifically said not to buy the A-Level one because they don't go into enough detail to get all the marks in the exams

They miss out so much information :frown:
Original post by NooNoo1
from what i have understood, CBDs have become run down becuase of out of town retail and so they are becoming pedestrianised and clone shops are moving there...a good example is the vale of glamorgan in cardiff :smile::smile:

okie :smile: Thank-you :biggrin:
Reply 11
okie :smile: Thank-you :biggrin:

hope that helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending