The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Interesting article but at the end of the day, Nigerian government can't do anything useful to get the girls back and without western help, they wouldn't even bother trying for more than 4 weeks tops.

Total corruption.
Nothing more cringeworthy than a load of hollywood 'activists' jumping on some trendy bandwaggon.

As if anything was ever achieved with a hashtag other than making some tart sleep with a smug smile at night.
Original post by Zürich
Nothing more cringeworthy than a load of hollywood 'activists' jumping on some trendy bandwaggon.

As if anything was ever achieved with a hashtag other than making some tart sleep with a smug smile at night.

Indeed. Kony 2012 anyone?
Original post by sr90
Indeed. Kony 2012 anyone?

What has always amazed me is that people indulge celebrities' own assumption that their own opinions on issues are more profound or well considered than that of the man on the street. Why should anyone care what Madonna or Bono thinks about politics or societal issues?

:biggrin:
Original post by AR_95
Hello young one.

:biggrin: greetings!

Original post by Miel Purple
I get no personal greetin?

k den. Sup :yum:

Lol k den ur highness!
And how are you this fine evening?
I've literally had enough of this news story, it makes me really angry. Nigerian politicians, all they possess is pride. Mr Goodluck can go suck it.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
:biggrin: greetings!

Lol k den ur highness!
And how are you this fine evening?

You hear the lads, I'm a highness :colondollar:

Yeah I'm cool, so hot though :frown:
Did you go to the arsenal parade today? :tongue:
I've literally had enough of this news story, it makes me really angry. Nigerian politicians, all they possess is pride. Mr Goodluck can go suck it.

Ikr it's sickening and I agree with the article.
African leaders rarely give up power, idiots.
Reply 1767

Cocky much?
You hear the lads, I'm a highness :colondollar:

Did you go to the arsenal parade today? :tongue:

Ikr it's sickening and I agree with the article.
African leaders rarely give up power, idiots.

-ing idiots. They irritate me so bad...Nigeria is the richest country in Africa and I see no difference, anyways I don't wanna make myself annoyed by going on about it. This is why I stick to England and the Netherlands sometimes.

I'm so hot! What is this, its like 9pm and it still hasn't calmed. Yeahhh I thought I wasn't gonna go but then I was like sod it I ain't missing this and go there like near the end yet I wasn't even anywhere close to anything!! So hot and crowded so I stayed only 30mins :frown: haha lol x :smile:
Reply 1769
Hate the bandwagon crave as much as the next guy.

Brb kids getting killed left right and center even when sleeping in school. No outrage.
Brb kids get kidnapped. Worldwide outrage.
Makes sense

But come on people, the faux outrage here is a good thing. Nigerian government incompetence with dealing with the issue is at a stage where I'm just laughing. I've been quite indifference to these kidnapping.

Those idiots won't do anything unless there's external pressure. The reaction or lack there of has been embarrassing? funny? This has been going on for 5 years now. They even announced that they killed Shekau last year. Major reports that there was prior warning about the abduction of these girls. How do you actually manage to kidnap so many people?

The West has already ****ed up the country and milking her for all the oil she's got so with that in mind, I'm all for boots on the ground to help get rid of Boko Haram (won't happen though, correctly so as it's not their battle). Rock and a hard place.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by FKLW
Cocky much?

Haha that came out wrong!

I meant I'm cool as in chilled....and I was saying it's hot as in the temperature is high.
Reply 1771
Haha that came out wrong!

I meant I'm cool as in chilled....and I was saying it's hot as in the temperature is high.

I know what you meant I was just being evil :lol:
Man the way Pitbull steals a living is criminal :lol:
Original post by 419
Hate the bandwagon crave as much as the next guy.

Brb kids getting killed left right and center even when sleeping in school. No outrage.
Brb kids get kidnapped. Worldwide outrage.
Makes sense

But come on people, the faux outrage here is a good thing. Nigerian government incompetence with dealing with the issue is at a stage where I'm just laughing. I've been quite indifference to these kidnapping.

Those idiots won't do anything unless there's external pressure. The reaction has been or lack there of is embarrassing? funny? This has been going on for 5 years now. They even announced that they killed Shekau last year. Major reports that there was prior warning about the abduction of these girls. How do you actually manage to kidnap so many people?

The West has already ****ed up the country and milking her for all oil she's got so with that in mind, I'm all for boots on the ground help get rid of Boko Haram (won't happen though, correctly so as it's not their battle). Rock and a hard place.

Just Nuke Africa ffs.
-ing idiots. They irritate me so bad...Nigeria is the richest country in Africa and I see no difference, anyways I don't wanna make myself annoyed by going on about it. This is why I stick to England and the Netherlands sometimes.

I'm so hot! What is this, its like 9pm and it still hasn't calmed. Yeahhh I thought I wasn't gonna go but then I was like sod it I ain't missing this and go there like near the end yet I wasn't even anywhere close to anything!! So hot and crowded so I stayed only 30mins :frown: haha lol x :smile:

Haha tell me about it, richest country but can't even have decent military and people are still starving...
Haha I gotta stick to my London roots.

Yeah Ik :/ heat is making me tired too.
Haha there were thousands of fans, unless you went early, I would've been surprised if you had a decent shot at them :tongue:
Original post by FKLW
I know what you meant I was just being evil :lol:

Big meanie :frown:
Reply 1776
Big meanie :frown:

Sowwy :smile: how are you doing on this mighty fine day?
Reply 1777
Original post by Yaboy Bobbinz
Just Nuke Africa ffs.

Congrats on the civil partnership man.
Original post by FKLW
Congrats on the civil partnership man.

I don't get the joke

Hanging around with your gang of power puff girls has ruined your sense of humour bruda.
inb4 FKLW got some dry chirpse game

Latest