The Student Room Group

LSE Postgrad Applicants 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Yes same course public management n governance, still under consideration
Reply 541
Original post by adeelms
Yes same course public management n governance, still under consideration

Yea I applied to MSc Regulation a while ago and no news yet. Suppose the department of government is a bit slower than other departments then. Best of luck anyways!
Reply 542
Thanks wish you the best as well
Reply 543
My second choice just changed to held pending further preliminary documentation. All documents are there, is this wrong? What do I do now?
Does this mean I got rejected from my first choice?
Reply 544
no this is a standard message that appears if application is still being considered for 1st choice so don't worry. To confirm it check decision for 1st choice on your portal I guess it must still say that application under consideration.
Secondly you can message them too through online enquiries regarding this.
Reply 545
Original post by adeelms
no this is a standard message that appears if application is still being considered for 1st choice so don't worry. To confirm it check decision for 1st choice on your portal I guess it must still say that application under consideration.
Secondly you can message them too through online enquiries regarding this.

Yea my first choice is still under consideration, this was also the message my second choice showed for 9 weeks. I will send them a mail I think. Thanks for your help
Reply 546
that's a different thing as message for my 2nd choice has been 'pending further documentation' since last 10 weeks !!
Original post by adeelms
Nops, me too waiting since last 10 weeks, application still under consideration, don't know whats happening. Any update at your side.

I've now been under consideration by the department since January 29th, aka 16 weeks. SIXTEEN! That's double what they said I'd be waiting, which is insane in my opinion.. I've called and talked to the Graduate Admissions Office three times. They said they would contact the department to get a decision more quickly each time.. one of the times the representative even said he would get in contact with his higher ups to try and get it seriously rushed. He said that after repeatedly contacting the department, the Admissions office was never responded to..

It's getting ridiculous.. I need to get a Visa, and I'm holding an offer at UCL, so it's getting difficult to continue to just sit and wait when it all could be pointless. I'm getting to a point where -- if they don't respond soon-- I'm going to just accept one of my other offers.
Reply 548
Same here I also hold unconditional offer from UCL, KCL, Warwick n SOAS. While I would prefer going to LSE but they still considering my application. I also applied on 14 feb then kept on submitting different documents but no decision yet. So can't help it but to wait...let's see for few more days.
Reply 549
Original post by reservoirdog
I've now been under consideration by the department since January 29th, aka 16 weeks. SIXTEEN! That's double what they said I'd be waiting, which is insane in my opinion.. I've called and talked to the Graduate Admissions Office three times. They said they would contact the department to get a decision more quickly each time.. one of the times the representative even said he would get in contact with his higher ups to try and get it seriously rushed. He said that after repeatedly contacting the department, the Admissions office was never responded to..

It's getting ridiculous.. I need to get a Visa, and I'm holding an offer at UCL, so it's getting difficult to continue to just sit and wait when it all could be pointless. I'm getting to a point where -- if they don't respond soon-- I'm going to just accept one of my other offers.

I've been waiting twelve weeks... can't imagine waiting another 4! What progamme did you apply to?
Original post by dgd123
I've been waiting twelve weeks... can't imagine waiting another 4! What progamme did you apply to?

Public Management and Governance. And I can forget about my second choice.. and financial aid... thanks to the management department taking ages..
Reply 551
Public Management and Governance. And I can forget about my second choice.. and financial aid... thanks to the management department taking ages..

I applied to the Management Department, too... (MiM)... hopefully we hear back this week! Good luck...
Reply 552
Does anyone know whether an application that was submitted six weeks ago will be considered when the program availability status changed to closed today. It's regarding the MSc finance and accounting. Thanks
Reply 553
Does anyone know out of experience whether applications submitted six weeks ago will be considered when the program availability status changed to closed today? It's regarding the MSc finance and economics.
Original post by Npresy
Does anyone know out of experience whether applications submitted six weeks ago will be considered when the program availability status changed to closed today? It's regarding the MSc finance and economics.

Everyone that applied before the programme closed will be considered. It only means that they have enough suitable candidates and thus, they don't need more applications.
Reply 555
Reserved list for social policy. Meh.
Original post by MRTR
After waiting for 8 weeks, I have got my conditional offer for MPA program.
It states that I should take basic calculus course before registration.
Anyone experienced this?

How are you going to take and pass the course?

Not sure if you've had a reply for this but the basic calculus course is proper easy if you've had any experience with A-levels maths and you don't even have to pass the course!

If you have carried on with undergraduate level mathematics I would recommend taking the presessional economic maths course that allows you a wider range of course option... (They send you an email about it in August I think... )
Hi got an unconditional for management and hr which is shocking considering i only applied on may 11th!..anyone else doing this course on here?
Reply 558

reservoirdog, did you hear back yet?
Reply 559
Has anyone heard back who applied to the MSc Management? If so, how long from the 4th email did it take to hear back?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending