The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4500
Original post by minhle20
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! But we'll get into the routine again :smile:

I am the same my handwriting has gone a bit mad aswell it used to be so neat :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PG593
No it's not just you, I feel so dumb compared to back in 6th form. If you asked me to do integration by parts now honestly if my life depended on it, I'd struggle :biggrin: Nevertheless...anything lost can be found again :smile:

I am the exact same! I keep comparing how I was in sixth form to now and it's terrifying especially when we will be starting the course with sixth formers and more terrifying..science graduates :'( but we wouldn't of got an offer if they didn't think we could handle it, we got this!:biggrin:
Original post by Kekio_
I am the exact same! I keep comparing how I was in sixth form to now and it's terrifying especially when we will be starting the course with sixth formers and more terrifying..science graduates :'( but we wouldn't of got an offer if they didn't think we could handle it, we got this!:D

This is true. Try not to worry. They start you off quite slowly from what I've seen and you'll soon get back into the swing of things. Just enjoy the last few months before you start. Don't stress over doing prep work. Its not worth it.
just like you can withdraw your offer from your 5th choice on results day, you can apply for accomodation but it will get cancelled right?
Reply 4504
Original post by blissfully
just like you can withdraw your offer from your 5th choice on results day, you can apply for accomodation but it will get cancelled right?

I think you would have to make the uni aware though and you might loose your deposit? But im sure its really easy :smile:
Original post by hl7495
I think you would have to make the uni aware though and you might loose your deposit? But im sure its really easy :smile:

yeah i know you should call up on results day saying to the university that you've had a change of heart or for whatever reason but I was just wondering if it's the same with accommodation and student finance.

I didn't actually know there was a deposit to be payed for accommodation, oops!
Most unis don't make you pay the deposit until after results as you (I assume) have conditional offer. But from experience it is so easy to withdraw from your 5th choice and student finance 😊.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 06dwilliams
Most unis don't make you pay the deposit until after results as you (I assume) have conditional offer. But from experience it is so easy to withdraw from your 5th choice and student finance ������.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks awesome, easy to withdraw from 5th choice = easy to withdraw from accommodation i assume
Reply 4508
yeah i know you should call up on results day saying to the university that you've had a change of heart or for whatever reason but I was just wondering if it's the same with accommodation and student finance.

I didn't actually know there was a deposit to be payed for accommodation, oops!

It depends there might not be for you i know there isnt for mine because you only get allocated when you have your results its just something to check :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had a crazy morning at work today, the surgeon, the scrub nurse, the coordinator and the receptionist were all asking me to do things at the same time and I was the only one circulating as the patient was going on the table, I was running around like a headless chicken! I had to plug the patient into all the different machines and sort out all the paperwork all the while running back and forwards to the constantly ringing phone to make and take calls to just about every department in the hospital. Felt like it was a little taste of what it would be like to be a junior doctor. This job has been the best possible experience before med school! If any of you in this thread are just about to begin a gap year you must jump on theatre jobs if you see any advertised! Only 3 more shifts left now until I leave and jet off to spend my summer in America! Exciting times :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SusieShire
I had a crazy morning at work today, the surgeon, the scrub nurse, the coordinator and the receptionist were all asking me to do things at the same time and I was the only one circulating as the patient was going on the table, I was running around like a headless chicken! I had to plug the patient into all the different machines and sort out all the paperwork all the while running back and forwards to the constantly ringing phone to make and take calls to just about every department in the hospital. Felt like it was a little taste of what it would be like to be a junior doctor. This job has been the best possible experience before med school! If any of you in this thread are just about to begin a gap year you must jump on theatre jobs if you see any advertised! Only 3 more shifts left now until I leave and jet off to spend my summer in America! Exciting times :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome! could you be more specific on theatre job, or is that the actual job title? and how long did you do it for?
awesome! could you be more specific on theatre job, or is that the actual job title? and how long did you do it for?

My job title is Theatre Support Worker but some trusts call it slightly different names. I work in orthopaedics and recovery, also been in general surgery a couple of times. I've worked for 6 months. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do medicine re applicants have to fully change their personal statement or do they just have to edit it a bit to add the gap year part?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jollygood
Do medicine re applicants have to fully change their personal statement or do they just have to edit it a bit to add the gap year part?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if you didn't get any interviews then I'd change your whole statement...because something was obviously a miss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your PS played a roll in you not getting interviews, then you might want to change it. If it was something else then you can edit it to be more up to date.

Original post by callummj6747
Well if you didn't get any interviews then I'd change your whole statement...because something was obviously a miss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might not have been PS related. Depends where they applied and what those universities look at primarily.
Reply 4515

Posted from TSR Mobile

You just change it as mucj as you like really dont worry about plagurism or anything i was scarwd it would be flagged bevause they are similar!! :tongue: but obv like you wanna chanhe it to make it better :smile:
Hello, can anyone suggest any good interview courses? I had three I interviews but got rejected by all :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adriana25
Hello, can anyone suggest any good interview courses? I had three I interviews but got rejected by all :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do medicine mentoring interview prep, that sorted me right out completely one to one so you get all the focused advice you need. Couldn't have been any more helpful for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Richyp22
Do medicine mentoring interview prep, that sorted me right out completely one to one so you get all the focused advice you need. Couldn't have been any more helpful for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you, I'll have a look! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adriana25

Posted from TSR Mobile

ISC course really helped me, especially on being prepared on what I was expected to know about the NHS, scandals and current news etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending