The Student Room Group

UCL Year 12 History Summer School

We have a great selection of residential and non-residential summer schools on at UCL this year for current Year 12 students. They could be just what you need if are thinking about applying for university.

‘Making History’:
History Summer School

This summer school will allow participants to experience life as a first-year undergraduate here at UCL. You will be guided on how to use the rich historical resources afforded by our London environment to work on a project designed to encourage creative thinking about the past. You will also be introduced to some new kinds of historical sources, and will hear great lectures from experts on a variety of historical topics.

This summer school will run at the same time as the “Vision: Mind, Knowledge, Art and Politics” Philosophy summer school, and so participants on both summer schools will attend the same evening activities. Trips could include a visit up the Shard and a visit to a West End Performance - this will all be free of charge.

If you are traveling from outside of London, we can cover your travel costs.

To find out more, to see if you are eligible and to apply, go to https://tinyurl.com/llunosf

If you have any questions, let us know.

The UCL Widening Participation and UK Undergraduate Student Recruitment team
Original post by University College London
We have a great selection of residential and non-residential summer schools on at UCL this year for current Year 12 students. They could be just what you need if are thinking about applying for university.

‘Making History’:
History Summer School

This summer school will allow participants to experience life as a first-year undergraduate here at UCL. You will be guided on how to use the rich historical resources afforded by our London environment to work on a project designed to encourage creative thinking about the past. You will also be introduced to some new kinds of historical sources, and will hear great lectures from experts on a variety of historical topics.

This summer school will run at the same time as the “Vision: Mind, Knowledge, Art and Politics” Philosophy summer school, and so participants on both summer schools will attend the same evening activities. Trips could include a visit up the Shard and a visit to a West End Performance - this will all be free of charge.

If you are traveling from outside of London, we can cover your travel costs.

To find out more, to see if you are eligible and to apply, go to https://tinyurl.com/llunosf

If you have any questions, let us know.

The UCL Widening Participation and UK Undergraduate Student Recruitment team

Hey was wondering when we find out if we are successful as the deadline keeps getting pushed backwards??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lustforlife
Hey was wondering when we find out if we are successful as the deadline keeps getting pushed backwards??
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi lustforlife,

It's great that you have applied for this summer school!

If your application was submitted on or before Friday 16th May, you will find out by the end of May. You should have received a confirmation email with this information in; if you haven't please let us know.

If your application was submitted after Friday 16th May, then you will find out by Friday 13th June.

We will be in touch to let you know either way, so if either of the deadlines passes and you haven't received anything from us please get in touch.

I hope this helps!
Original post by lustforlife
I haven't got a conformation email yet and I applied in April I think :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi lustforlife,

We have sent you a message about how to get the confirmation email resent.
Hey UCL!

I applied for this summer school course not so long ago and today I received an email stating:

'...We received a number of strong applications for a limited number of places. We were very impressed with the quality of your application and are delighted to be in a position to offer you a place on the summer school. You will receive a confirmation letter in the post by Monday 16 June, which will contain further instructions on how to accept your place.'

At the risk of sounding incredibly dim, does this mean I have got a guaranteed place OR have been offered a place?
Hi Hayleighs,

Thank you for your message, and apologies for any confusion.

The email you have received means you have been offered a place on the Making History Summer School - congratulations! This offer of a place on the summer school is guaranteed until you accept or decline it - instructions about how to do this will be in the confirmation letter. If you accept then your place on the summer school is guaranteed.

If things are still unclear, or you have any further questions about the summer school or UCL please feel free to get in touch.
Thanks for clearing that up, no words can explain how excited I am, thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending