The Student Room Group

exam tomorrow haven't revised?!?!?!

hey all, i have a WJEC GCSE english exam on may 20th, it is of mice and men + unseen poetry and i havent revised for it, because of my other more important science exams!

anyway, my question is what do i do to revise? i can memorise well so my plan was memorise about 2-3 quotes per character. will that be enough? i am good at constructing and also have straight A*'s in coursework to push my grade up!

any tips for unseen poetry?
surely memorising page numbers would be more efficient? Good luck, i have my AQA english tomorrow too :P
Reply 2
Original post by sparklingTurkey
surely memorising page numbers would be more efficient? Good luck, i have my AQA english tomorrow too :P

WJEC applicants don't get copies of the texts

feel sorry for them :tongue:
I'm in the same situation - and my class have only had two one hour lessons on poetry ! AH!
Original post by sparklingTurkey

whats on your exam? inspector calls? of mice and men? if so, can you help me with page numbers :frown: , i have some perceptive comments that may help you
Reply 5
what?!

you guys actually get the book to use?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

i have to memorise it :frown:
Dunno if this will help but I was in the same situation a couple years ago when I was doing GCSE's.. I was with AQA but I found the BBC Bitesize website really helpful for quick note making and summaries. It may not be for you but it's worth taking a look, I managed to get an A doing it! :smile: good luck
Reply 7
Original post by kelefi
what?!

you guys actually get the book to use?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

i have to memorise it :frown:

That sounds like torture all I need to do is remember certain pages/chapters.
Reply 8
oh god! that seems so unfair :frown:

i need to cram in so much detail!
Reply 9
any tips for unseen poetry?
Original post by Angelo12231
whats on your exam? inspector calls? of mice and men? if so, can you help me with page numbers :frown: , i have some perceptive comments that may help you

I'm doing of mice and men and Woman in black :tongue: Do you think the poetry exam will be better? I think of mice and men is great because of how much there is to write about but i'm not too keen on woman in black :/
Reply 12
Im doing the same exam tomorrow, 2/3 quotes won't be enough. I have almost 10-15 for each character. Try make plans for possible themes and character questions.
Reply 13
i've heard that 3 quotes is enough to get an A*. i mean, i have pulled an A off with just a single quote before. i hope the exam will be easy for meee and you all
! *fingers crossed*
I wouldn't worry about it, I don't do WJEC English (edexcel) but if you have to choose another part of the book, then it might be a good idea to look up extracts you could use for different themes. Maybe you could try a practise essay tonight - you can't specifically 'revise' for English as such, just make sureyou know the structure of the book etc and how to answer the questions - you'll be fine. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest