The Student Room Group

how was the p2/p3 exams aqa 19th may 2014

just wondering how one did?
what did you need to include in the 5 mark question: how does the main sequence star form into a black dwarf?
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
what did you need to include in the 5 mark question: how does the main sequence star form into a black dwarf?

Was Ok for me! I talked about, how the forces within are no longer stable, hence it expands and cools into a red giant, then the red giant's core eventually collapses, and forms a white dwarf. This white dwarf is much hotter and also much brighter but smaller in diameter. After a while, it also cools and forms a black dwarf.
The unit 2 exam was so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found it reasonably easy in general.

However, I was a bit lost on the 6 markers on the forces, the three options for the force going in the direction of the cyclist's motion were 'gravity, weight and friction', I picked friction because surely gravity and gravity and weight are forces going downwards so friction was the only one left? Did anyone else say friction? Also it did say the road was straight and level right? No hills? Because I put the velocity changed because there was less air resistance between X and Y and then more resistance between Y and Z, hence the change in velocity. But some people say gravitational potential because he was on a hill to begin with. I could have sworn it did say straight and level?

What's the consensus on this question then? :confused:
Original post by Messorem235

However, I was a bit lost on the 6 markers on the forces, the three options for the force going in the direction of the cyclist's motion were 'gravity, weight and friction', I picked friction because surely gravity and gravity and weight are forces going downwards so friction was the only one left? Did anyone else say friction? Also it did say the road was straight and level right? No hills? Because I put the velocity changed because there was less air resistance between X and Y and then more resistance between Y and Z, hence the change in velocity. But some people say gravitational potential because he was on a hill to begin with. I could have sworn it did say straight and level?

I also picked friction, I don't know whether it's right though 😁 I'm also sure that the road was level and had no hills

Posted from TSR Mobile
you know for the half-life graph question,i just read off the graph at 20,000 but i didn't get what you had to put in the working out bit
you know for the half-life graph question,i just read off the graph at 20,000 but i didn't get what you had to put in the working out bit

You had to find the 20,000 and then go across it to find 4.4 I think?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by AlphaNick
I got 6.2 days :s-smilie:

It was whatever the days were when you read of from 20000 from the y-axis.
I got 6.2 days :s-smilie:

I got that as well. I wasn't sure whether to round it or not but ended up leaving it. What did you get for the total momentum of the diver and the board?
The total moment was 3800 N/m if I remember correctly.

I got that. What did you get for the skateboard questions (P2) ?
-7 m/s
Thanks, 3 more q's If you don't mind. For the 2 preliminary questions before the p2 6 marker did you get force a = weight and force b = drag? And what did you put for where nuclear fission happened in the power station? I said in the nuclear reactor? :confused:
I got friction and air resistance (drag), since the arrow for friction was parallel to the ground, and bike tyres use friction to move.

I said in the nuclear reactor too.

Crap, I said reactor core, damnit!
By the way I have literally no idea. That question was BS.

From Wikipedia (probably not too reliable) "A nuclear reactor core is the portion of a nuclear reactor containing the nuclear fuel components where the nuclear reactions take place." I have no idea if they'll be lenient and give me the mark.
Original post by Messorem235

No no it did say straight! I'm pretty sure! i mentionned terminal velocity but I wrote weight not friction...
Original post by GoldGhost
Crap, I said reactor core, damnit!

I agree.

The reactor core seems like a subsection of the reactor, so I would be surprised if it wasn't allowed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did people get for the Isaac newton multiple choice on p3. seemed a bit random to me!

Quick Reply

Latest