The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1/C2 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Fuuuuccccckkk (sorry for swearin) I HAVE JUST REALISED I HAVE DONE THE WRONG TRIANGLE. OMG....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I believe that it is either 12 or 24 after it starts, I know that our teachers receive the paper at 9am gmt tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
We all like to talk about the exams we've taken and The Student Room is a great place to do just that. As soon as you've handed in your paper, you're free to come on here and discuss how it went - with just a few exceptions. Here's a really quick guide based on the exam board or type of exam. No worries! AQA, OCR, CCEA, WJEC , CIE and SQA If your exam is set by any of these exam boards, you can discuss it on TSR as soon as it's finished (there are a few exceptions, see below for more on these). Time limited Edexcel, IB and STEP These exams are taken in different time zones all over the world. We'd like you to wait a while before talking about the specific detail of these exams. How long's 'a while', then? Well, it's good of you to ask... Edexcel: for morning exams, please wait until midnight (UK time) before talking about what was in the paper. For afternoon exams, please wait until 4:30 am (UK time). STEP and IB: please wait for 24 hours after the end of an exam before discussing what was in it. Oral and practical exams: these are taken by different students at different times. To help make sure they are fair for everyone, please don't either request or give out specific details about these exams while they're still going on. ICT exams: some ICT exams are sat over a period of days or weeks. Please don't discuss the detail of these during the window in which each exam takes place. We'd really appreciate your help with the above - we have these guidelines in place so we can do our best to keep things fair for everybody. Of course, we realise it's an exciting and stressful time for everyone, so if you do make a post when you shouldn't: don't worry. We'll give you a nudge to let you know and we might edit your post to make sure everyone stays on the same level playing field. Good luck to everyone sitting exams!

Here you go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
think i got between 60 and 65 marks; i messed up the triangle one but will get some marks for getting co-ordinate of C as (4,6). i messed up on the c= question also. i accidentally got c=3 as i wass not sure what i was doing.

i'm hoping around 60-65 marks will be a low A if not high B. suppose its depending on the grade boundaries and it seems like it was quite an easy paper so the boundaries may be high.
Original post by BrunoRussell
think i got between 60 and 65 marks; i messed up the triangle one but will get some marks for getting co-ordinate of C as (4,6). i messed up on the c= question also. i accidentally got c=3 as i wass not sure what i was doing.

i'm hoping around 60-65 marks will be a low A if not high B. suppose its depending on the grade boundaries and it seems like it was quite an easy paper so the boundaries may be high.

Everything you've done I've done too. How the hell I got three I don't know. I got point C wrong but got point B right. I also didn't have a clue about making my own formula for that arithmetic sequence question UNTIL AFTER THE EXAM WHEN I REALISED IT WAS EASY ;_; although i got the right year. Hoping 60-65 is at least a good B so my c2 can bring it up
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 66
I got c=8??????????????? I just differientated it. Oh no!
How many times did the two curves intersect ( how many solutions)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah c=1 and the year was 2009

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Erulia
I got c=8??????????????? I just differientated it. Oh no!

I made the same mistake! We should get at least a mark lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
Hii, I had the c1 exam too....how was your exam I was really confused with the last question. I really had no idea how to find c.
I feel it went really horrible. I also have an exam on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Ohhhh I don't feel good.
Original post by PsychoPanda
How many times did the two curves intersect ( how many solutions)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Basically you knew y=4x+c so the gradient was 4 (it was a tangent), so dy/dx=4 then u do 4=whatever dy/dx is solve for x, and substitute x in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a.ghalib
Hii, I had the c1 exam too....how was your exam I was really confused with the last question. I really had no idea how to find c.
I feel it went really horrible. I also have an exam on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Ohhhh I don't feel good.

I hated that last question, I guess the exam itself went alright, I think I could of done better though. Are you ready for c2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
what did you get as the area of the triangle??
Basically you knew y=4x+c so the gradient was 4 (it was a tangent), so dy/dx=4 then u do 4=whatever dy/dx is solve for x, and substitute x in

Posted from TSR Mobile

I solved dy/dx and did it =4but messed up the rest of the question. How many marks do u think I should get out of 5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by lovekitty123

Same I got 2
Probably 2 or 3 marks ( just a guess)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably 2 or 3 marks ( just a guess)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a.ghalib

For the last question, i looked at it for ages thinking i had to work out what x was from the completing the square. Anyway fortunately it told you what the gradient was at y=4x+c so the gradient was 4 so you just plugged this in as the dy/dx of 2x^2+8x+3
which was 4x +8 and equal it to -1 from (-2,25)
then you find x, and then y and i got y as 1
to find x it's 4x+8 = 4
giving you an giving x = -1
so find y=2(-1)^2+8(-1) + 3, y=2-8+3 so y=-3 so (-1,-3)
and -3=4(-1)+c c=-3+4 c=1
giving y=4x+1

Quick Reply

Latest