The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1/C2 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChrisB1995
Part c of Q11 and I think Q9 had 9/10.

Provided everything else was correct you should get a low B or a high C.
OMG GUYS!! PLEASE READ!!

Listen, discuss the exam after midnight... what you're doing now is telling others in the country the answers - hence increasing the grade boundaries, making it hard for everyone generally. So please, talk about it at midnight. It's for YOUR benefit. I know the feeling of want to know how well you did but honestly, just wait for about 6 hours more.
Original post by shan2097
x

So yeah

OMG GUYS!! PLEASE READ!!

Listen, discuss the exam after midnight... what you're doing now is telling others in the country the answers - hence increasing the grade boundaries, making it hard for everyone generally. So please, talk about it at midnight. It's for YOUR benefit. I know the feeling of want to know how well you did but honestly, just wait for about 5 hours more.

Please delete your post with the answers in.
(edited 9 years ago)
what do you guys think an A would be for this paper. i found this paper much harder compared to all the other C1 past papers
Original post by I'mStuckAgain
OMG GUYS!! PLEASE READ!!

Listen, discuss the exam after midnight... what you're doing now is telling others in the country the answers - hence increasing the grade boundaries, making it hard for everyone generally. So please, talk about it at midnight. It's for YOUR benefit. I know the feeling of want to know how well you did but honestly, just wait for about 5 hours more.

Yeah sorry, deleted it :')

you might need to edit out my comment though
(edited 9 years ago)
OMG GUYS!! PLEASE READ!!

what do you think an A would be
Original post by Miladrises
what do you guys think an A would be for this paper. i found this paper much harder compared to all the other C1 past papers

We'll have a better idea at midnight tonight once teachers can post solutions and we can discuss the exam content :smile:

I found it easier than previous years though, saying that every past paper I did that I found easy I always lost loadsa silly marks on so I better not get too cocky lol.
Original post by shan2097
Yeah sorry, deleted it :')

you might need to edit out my comment though

Well spotted on me having to edit it out lol.
Original post by Miladrises
what do you think an A would be

I personally think it'll be high, 64 maybe, what you think?
I heard somebody say something about an unofficial mark scheme being posted tomorrow, is this true? How did everybody think it went? [Don't go into detail yet]
Original post by MrEliteRocker
I heard somebody say something about an unofficial mark scheme being posted tomorrow, is this true? How did everybody think it went? [Don't go into detail yet]

Scheme midnight tonight, did u write your answers down or are you going to have to rely on memory like me. :smile:

I think paper was nice, just last part of the AP question and 11C were tricky.
I'm gonna guess an A will be in between 61-63 this year. This paper wasn't all that hard, just worded quite differently than the usual Edexcel papers.
Original post by WildDevil96
I'm gonna guess an A will be in between 61-63 this year. This paper wasn't all that hard, just worded quite differently than the usual Edexcel papers.

I think 63-64, as you said paper was not bad at all just a few tricky parts to 2/3 questions.
I think 63-64, as you said paper was not bad at all just a few tricky parts to 2/3 questions.

For me, the hardest thing about C1 is that I make so many silly mistakes at time it's unbelievable. This time I know for a fact I dropped at least 1 mark because I forgot to put the year on the computer question, despite getting a value for N. But who knows, since a lot of people struggled on this it might be lower/higher. If you did some Solomon papers, or the Internationals this one was nothing compared to some of those.
Last question c= 1
Original post by Angushan
Last question c= 1

Delete you post and stop posting solutions please. Then at midnight tonight you can post as many solutions you want as many times as you want :smile:
Reply 136
I think I got 70 marks, does anyone have any good estimation of how many UMS marks that might be for this paper?
Original post by Angushan
Last question c= 1

Please delete this answer. Do not let our answers until midnight - otherwise the grade boundaries will increase for EVERYONE so you're only affecting yourself.
Original post by Flame18
I think I got 70 marks, does anyone have any good estimation of how many UMS marks that might be for this paper?

My guess:

73-74 100 UMS (maybe just 75),
66 90 UMS
59 80 UMS
52 70 UMS

An A will be around 62 marks ( give or take a few marks),
B maybe around 54-56,
C around 47
Or what

Quick Reply

Latest