The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shahkr
What did you get for the equation of a normal question 10b? I got 4y+x-104=0

well i didnt get that...... the gradient was something like -3/2 and it passed through 0,0. so i put y=-3/2x as the equation.....?
I got the same gradient/equation as you Rowntrees!
No you had to work out the coordinates of the other line by making y=0 and then use that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
For the graph question was it X squared or (X-2) squared?? also what was the number of solutions?
The number of solutions was two as the two graphs intersected each other twice. And the question was x^2(x-2) so because the outside x is squared, it just touches the zero, comes back down, then up again through two.
Reply 6
Unofficial mark scheme out yet?
Reply 7
I really wish I could retake this exam right now, I was so mentally unprepared for my first exam since high school...
Original post by Rajenth
Does anyone know how many marks for the question on sketching X^2 (X-2)

3 marks
Then one mark for saying how many real solutions it has!

Guys do you know for question 2, what was the set of values for x?
What did you guys get for question 10 c) with the area of the triangle?
Reply 10
guys I hope you guys realise that by talking about the answers before the 12 hour limit, we really are risking our chances of getting higher grades... :s-smilie:

the unofficial mark scheme should be on around midnight..
but definitely bt the morning I guess...
Original post by Maannashon
What did you guys get for question 10 c) with the area of the triangle?

I messed up with that one. I got 78/2 but it is supposed to be 53/2 apparently :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by TheJoka
guys I hope you guys realise that by talking about the answers before the 12 hour limit, we really are risking our chances of getting higher grades... :s-smilie:

the unofficial mark scheme should be on around midnight..
but definitely bt the morning I guess...

Sigh...do you really think edexcel would be so retarded that they allow international students to go on the internet and see other people talking about the exam? They have a different paper, and different grade boundaries.

It is, however, against forum rules so yeah, I'd advise people to stop talking about answers for now.
Original post by jf1994
Sigh...do you really think edexcel would be so retarded that they allow international students to go on the internet and see other people talking about the exam? They have a different paper, and different grade boundaries.

It is, however, against forum rules so yeah, I'd advise people to stop talking about answers for now.

To be fair, Edexcel didn't introduce international papers until June 2013 haha.

TSR haven't caught up yet and changed the rules, that's why we're not allowed to discuss Edexcel exams on the same day.
Reply 14
Original post by CTArsenal
To be fair, Edexcel didn't introduce international papers until June 2013 haha.

TSR haven't caught up yet and changed the rules, that's why we're not allowed to discuss Edexcel exams on the same day.

Yeah, I should have said 'do you really think edexcel are STILL that retarded?' haha
Reply 15
Original post by jf1994

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:
NO... I don't think edexcel's THAAAT retarded...
YES... they have the INTERNATIONAL PAPER.... bcz they are international students... BUT... there are some questions on the paper we do that cmes up in the international paper ....

and thankyou... trust me.. I would love to compare answrs but its not a good idea... for now :smile:
Anyone get c=53? Also year 2009, 40 for b2-4ac,
Reply 17
I didn't get that. I got x+4y-96 :| I don't know if i'm right tho
Reply 18
Original post by TheJoka
TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:
NO... I don't think edexcel's THAAAT retarded...
YES... they have the INTERNATIONAL PAPER.... bcz they are international students... BUT... there are some questions on the paper we do that cmes up in the international paper ....

and thankyou... trust me.. I would love to compare answrs but its not a good idea... for now :smile:

Well the would completely defeat the object of different papers for international students, lol. Stop scaremongering.
Reply 19
Original post by shahkr
What did you get for the equation of a normal question 10b? I got 4y+x-104=0

I didn't get that. I got x+4y-96 :| I don't know if i'm right tho

Latest