The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sevchenko
The way I see it is that the only way you can be totally sure of CL football next season is to either win the Prem or the Champion league or Europa league such is the competitive nature at the top.

Van Gaal knows his what he's doing, and they're gunna spend big. Somebody is going to drop out of the top four

I think it will be liverpool not us (even without the bias)
Original post by AR_95
People need to stop saying look at Tottenham. AVB did not get the players he wanted or even close to that, and he hardly had any time to make something work with them anyway (hardly half a season). Tim Sherwood is a crap manager anyway and they need some one a lot bigger.

We're not overhauling the team but we still have many many loopholes and places we are deficit on. Infact the only place we are really covered is CAM and that's it. Everything else could do with adding to depth but 3/4 players would be sufficient.

This I'm soo sure AVB didnt have a say in buying who he wanted buy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
I think it will be liverpool not us (even without the bias)

Very unlikely especially if they keep Suarez. Even if he does go for £80m+ they can reinvest it with the attraction of CL football. Should be an interesting summer for everybody tbf
Original post by sevchenko
Very unlikely especially if they keep Suarez. Even if he does go for £80m+ they can reinvest it with the attraction of CL football. Should be an interesting summer for everybody tbf

Think the deflation is going to hit them hard. Also really depends on who they actually buy because atm all we're hearing is they want shaqiri and Lallana which is completely the wrong move for them. If they don't strengthen their defence they'll fall into the same position which happened this year only next year is going to be harder since EVERY one will be stronger.

We've always been the flat track bullies of the league. I don't really see Liverpool having a better season
with van gaal in,united are back lads...u know what that means
Are people actually considering Song. Lmao, There's no way Wenger is gonna buy him back after he left on pretty poor terms. Perhaps witha wage cut and a free transfer maybe. But I get the feeling Wenger is done with guys like that, he got arrogant to quick, did **** all at Barca and is now a nonentity to Wenger.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by baconbutty
He's coming off a season where he's made his highest ever appearances and averages far more games at barca than arsenal and also has the highest appearances of any barca midfielder......you do talk some rubbish

What are you on about. The first bit was talking about Fabregas and the second bit was about Milner. Check the facts before you post love.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
What are you on about. The first bit was talking about Fabregas and the second bit was about Milner. Check the facts before you post love.

Just ignore him, everyone else does :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Just ignore him, everyone else does :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I keep forgetting! Thanks :smile:

Interesting read though what comes off from this source is that he's acquired a bit of an ego. Great player though, for 3m it would be the best transfer In the summer. If clubs bid higher than 30m wouldn't that mean we'd have to raise as well? I can't see him being sold around 40m but maybe the likes of Barca would go in for him.

It seems like he wants to come back because he has a point to prove, not entirely because of the club it's self.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy

No it wasn't haha
Original post by FKLW
Us vs City in the same street of Manchester. Both for the PL...

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400444795.022227.jpg

:sogood:

If you look closely you can see Tommy. He wasn't actually lying about being there :eek:

Yeah saw him.

Think me and Wilfried need to apologise to him on twitter now.
Original post by jam278
Yeah saw him.

I've been so tempted to follow him and bait him, he doesn't seem to use his account much though!
Original post by jam278
Yeah saw him.

As in TommyJW? :eek:

you found him? *smirks*
Original post by yo radical one
As in TommyJW? :eek:

you found him? *smirks*

Think we should ask him how did United do this season in terms of optastats data.

He'll know straight away.
Original post by jam278
Think we should ask him how did United do this season in terms of optastats data.

He'll know straight away.

Nah man

He subscribed to a paid service which gives the stats, I remember when he started posting the screenshots on here

An absolute beautiful sight. It's rare you see Wenger like this publicly let alone on the pitch. Was this during half time? We looked like we were fighting for our lives in the second part of the game. The game was won in such a metaphorical way, highlighting everything about us this season. So glad that we managed to fight back even after being 2-0 down. Glad that Ramsey scored the winner. I felt more emotional this final than the one 9 years ago. Anyways enough of me spouting **** :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
An absolute beautiful sight. It's rare you see Wenger like this publicly let alone on the pitch. Was this during half time? We looked like we were fighting for our lives in the second part of the game. The game was won in such a metaphorical way, highlighting everything about us this season. So glad that we managed to fight back even after being 2-0 down. Glad that Ramsey scored the winner. I felt more emotional this final than the one 9 years ago. Anyways enough of me spouting **** :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also props to Gibbs because has he not made that goal line clearance, it would have been game over because I couldn't see us coming back from 3 goals down!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest