The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Raindrop volume =4/3 *pi* r^3=5.23*10^-10
Density of water is 1000kg per m^3
Raindrop weigth is 0.5*10^-6 so 10^-6 is the answer
Infrared is obviously also 10^-6 (visible light is in nano meters and it wanted a value just outside the visible range)
Wood has similar density to water so 10^3
Lol what even was that paper pls, the whole Bbm barcode image, examiners tryin 2 chirpse us in the middle of an exam?!? ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jmt1996
What did everyone get for the one where you have to show its near to 2400kg? I got like 7240kg or something around there

I got 3000kg
Original post by Clai
I got 3000kg

I got 2100kg :s-smilie:
How many alternatives for the 33x33 pixel one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics wasn't that hard
Reply 146
Everyone at my school sitting the exam found it very hard and most of us found ourselves short of time... the questions definitely threw me! i think I would be lucky to even get a grade, which is really frustrating as I have 100% in the coursework!

Hopefully the will have lower grade boundaries!
Original post by RaisetheBa
Thanks for that info, that has made me feel slightly better, I wasn't sure that the difference can be that huge! Lets hope G492 is easier!

See thats what I don't get, that paper with the low grade boundary was 100 times easier than this paper :'(
What did everyone get for the first units question, where they asked for the units of frequency and power of the lens (multiple choice)
Frequency s^-1
Power m^-1
Density kgm^-3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I took this paper without revision so i was going to find it impossible either way, but some of the further maths people in my class (the type who took as level maths modules a year early and got 100 ums) said it was a hard paper, harder than any of the past papers, if that makes anyone feel better... Any guesses at what an A would be??
Original post by emily96_
Everyone at my school sitting the exam found it very hard and most of us found ourselves short of time... the questions definitely threw me! i think I would be lucky to even get a grade, which is really frustrating as I have 100% in the coursework!

Hopefully the will have lower grade boundaries!

It wasn't that hard it was just there is quite abit of time pressure
So many people will have got the charge carrier density units wrong - it was m^-3
Original post by PsychoPanda
Frequency s^-1Power m^-1Density kgm^-3Posted from TSR Mobile
1 out of 3. At least I didn't get them all wrong. I tried using v/wavelength = frequency (said m^-1) then power = 1/f (m^-2)
Original post by Daniel Rundle
i had the second last question to be 4.76 then 5% of that added on made it 4.996mm did anyone else get anything similar?

Well yes, I got 4.97mm, though.

I can remember spending 10 minutes on density in class - yet, what do you know - it's worth about 5 marks.

I did finish, though.

Also, what did everyone put for the uses of graphene?
Original post by Mutleybm1996
How many alternatives for the 33x33 pixel one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said 33*33 bits. So there must be around 136 bytes. Not sure if that's correct.
Original post by Jmt1996
Isn't the question asking can one atomic layer of graphite take 1N of force so I did worked out the cross sectional area by doing stress equals tension divided by cross sectional area

No he's talking about the first part of the question. That one was the last part. But the way you've done the last part was how I did it so hopefully I got that right.
Original post by PsychoPanda
Frequency s^-1
Power m^-1
Density kgm^-3

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the same as you asides from density - I think you're right, but the fact they said charge carrier density threw me. Charge carries are usually electrons so I thought maybe as electrons have no/negligible mass it would be m^-3 only?

But I'm probably overthinking. Density is mass per unit volume.
Original post by Shady23
I got 2100kg :s-smilie:

I think it just depends on the answer you got to the previous question. I used my rounded value and got 3000kg, but to be honest 2000kg is better as it's closer at the very least...

I just said it's comparable to 2400kg because they have the same order of magnitude :smile:
Original post by mynamewontfit
It wasn't that hard it was just there is quite abit of time pressure

Yeah in fairness the questions themselves weren't super hard, but the amount they expect you to do in one hour is ridiculous. Besides, having a lot of time pressure kind of equates to being a hard paper anyway, as people will drop marks.

Latest

Trending

Trending