Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
june 2013 grade boundaries were

A

B

C

D

E

if this helps, so 57/70 for an A last year.

Original post by woffletoffle
can we resit this next summer without having to resit the whole year?

yes
Original post by Avor
Maybe for repeat the experiment, but you can't draw an I-V curve because the graph is pd over temperature

I also did say to connect circuit correctly and measure voltage, current initially and then some other **** i could pull out of my ass like some measurement for resistance.
Yeah what did people put for the resistivity definition? I put a constant for a material that determines the resistance of the material for a given length and area of the material.

Just made it up, I didn't know the textbook definition.
Original post by tanya21
Finally, someone who agrees! Everyone had been complaining it was difficult and I thought it was quite average - as did most of my friends.

yes i thought it was an ok paper aswell so did most of my friends.
Original post by Randomer96
It was average and then the final 9 marks were very difficult.

I panicked on the last question but once i calmed myself down it was pretty self explanatory.
Reply 426
What did y'all do for the specific charge bit? I think it was the one where you had to say the nucleus with the lowest specific charge and explain why... That one messed me up a little. I just went on about charge to mass ratio. :s-smilie:
What is the proper definition of resistivity? God I wish our electricity teacher hadn't been so awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanya21
I panicked on the last question but once i calmed myself down it was pretty self explanatory.

I had no idea why R was there and no idea about the final thing it asked you to explain. Couldn't do the 3 marker after either. Hoping to get 2 marks from saying about a water bath and taking values of PD for 10 degree intervals.
Surely for electricity qs you could have worked out the gradient to the tangent at 0.8 ohms. Then the square root of this is current. Because I=square root of p?r which was gradient. ???
\\\\\\\please reply :smile:
Reply 430
Original post by woffletoffle
Hopefully we get the marks :frown:
Looking at aqa mark schemes now and they all seem to say electronegative with no mention of electrostatic.

my mistake i put electromagnetic not electrostatic but i thought they were the same? theyre either both wrong or both right who knows :smile:
Original post by Razzamataz179
It was pretty freaking easy, I can only think of 2 marks I dropped.
Unless they don't have a range of values for the power question >: (I used 1.9W and 0.8ohms, so my I and V are different.)

With a graph they pretty much always have a range, and you worked to 2 sig figs in the question which is what it was technically supposed to be. I thought it went well, but looking at this I can see i've made stupid mistakes e.g. specific charge question burgh.
Is there an unofficial markscheme anywhere???
Original post by deadmau_5
Do you think I'll at least get two marks for saying, "repeat the experiment for repeated measurements and the.tabulate the results and plot an I-V graph and the resistance is then 1/gradient."?

Oh yeah. It's marked holistically so if you make a fair point you'll get something.
Reply 434
Yeah what did people put for the resistivity definition? I put a constant for a material that determines the resistance of the material for a given length and area of the material.

Just made it up, I didn't know the textbook definition.

I just looked at the equation (because I didn't know) and put 'the resistance of the material with a length of 1m and an area of 1m^2' and that it was measured in ohm meters. I have no idea if this is right or not but yours looks a good answer
I had no idea why R was there and no idea about the final thing it asked you to explain. Couldn't do the 3 marker after either. Hoping to get 2 marks from saying about a water bath and taking values of PD for 10 degree intervals.

R was there to act as a potential divider (no idea why just that it is) yeah you'll do fine with that!
Original post by TheSmartOne
What is the proper definition of resistivity? God I wish our electricity teacher hadn't been so awful

Posted from TSR Mobile

I put "the extent at which a material will resist the flow of charge through it"
not sure if that'll get me both marks though
Original post by Bauer96
my mistake i put electromagnetic not electrostatic but i thought they were the same? theyre either both wrong or both right who knows :smile:

Schrodingers cat, or more like Schrodingers interaction. It's both electromagnetic and electrostatic.

I wrote electromagnetic btw with virtual photon.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by _Caz_
What did y'all do for the specific charge bit? I think it was the one where you had to say the nucleus with the lowest specific charge and explain why... That one messed me up a little. I just went on about charge to mass ratio. :s-smilie:

It was the nucleus with 8 neutrons and 14 nucleons (hence 6 protons) you just needed to explain what the specific charge is and then explain why that had the lowest, ie it had a smaller charge than the 4th, far bigger mass than the first and second, and then if you had time actually do the calculations and put the results (I cant imagine last step is vital)
Original post by Zij
What did you guys get from the resistance of the internal resistor question.

Around 3, can't remember the exact value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending