The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2014 OFFICIAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dasin
I dont remember the equation, what was it?

I think it was a K+ --> pion+ and X
Reply 461
Original post by Dasin
should be fine, depends on what you said about it though :smile:

For question 5, I used P=IV instead of P=I^2R. How many would this cost?
Original post by Avor
For the question where you had to calculate the energy in eV, does anyone remember the wavelength that they gave us? It was in nanometers.

245??
Original post by AreiMo1997
had 10 mins to do whole of electricity , ****ed it up , results day >parents get mad > cry > suicide> retake year
GGG **** YOU ELECTRICITY YOU WAAAAAANKER
Particle was ok , QUatumn was ok ( no photoelectic lololol *****) and electicity was stupid as ****

You'll have a job retaking the year if you commit suicide mate
to put it bluntly, no, because neutron is wrong as baryon number would not be conserved, unfortunately i doubt you will receive credit.
Original post by Potatosandwich98
On one part i swear it said what is conserved and what is not conserved? I put baryon number and strangeness

Yes. And that is correct aswell.
Reply 467
Original post by Potatosandwich98
On one part i swear it said what is conserved and what is not conserved? I put baryon number and strangeness

Baryon number and strangeness is correct. I'm 100% sure. However my electricity teacher was a complete gimp so that second section ****ed me up
Original post by zed963
For question 5, I used P=IV instead of P=I^2R. How many would this cost?

That first part was 3 marks, I imagine 1 mark was for obtaining the correct value of power from the graph, and the other 2 would be the correct calculation. You'd lose those 2 marks, and then get follow-through for the rest of the question if the values were correct for your value of current.
Didnt a question ask
what is conserved?
what is not conserved?
Original post by GrammarSkoolBoi
im not 100% but it hink the internal resistance was exactly 3 with no rounding error, however the markscheme will no doubt allow for rounding error however i cant say how large the range of accepted values will be. possibly 2.8 to 3.2

No but what if i used a different value in the first part of the question and then while doing the rest of the questions, would i still get a ecf mark because although i initially messed up, but i continued on correctly?
Reply 471
Can we take a moment to appreciate all the fluorescent tube marks available? That was a beautiful question.
Reply 472
What did everyone get as their value of the eV?
Reply 473
hmmm I must not be neutrino then, however I don't remember what I ticked, I remember crossing something out, what were the choices ?
Original post by Jamesgault
245??

Original post by Avor
What did everyone get as their value of the eV?

Something like 4.89 ev or 4.9, roundabouts that much, you?
The beta decay one was definitely an (electron) anti neutrino as lepton number had to equal zero & it was electromagnetic interaction with virtual photon not weak interaction?
Reply 477
Original post by deadmau_5
Something like 4.89 ev or 4.9, roundabouts that much, you?

I got 5
Reply 478
Can't wait for Unit two, Mechanical physics will easily redeem whatever I lost in this paper. Peace.
Original post by deadmau_5
No but what if i used a different value in the first part of the question and then while doing the rest of the questions, would i still get a ecf mark because although i initially messed up, but i continued on correctly?

yeah i knew what you meant i was just making a general point. But it really depends on AQA for some questions they do give ecf marks, but in some they dont, you'll just have to wait and see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending