The Student Room Group

Business Studies Edexcel GCE UNIT 1, May 19th 2014

How did everyone find the test?? the multiple choice was quite hard in my opinion, and does any one have any answers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tommy4424
How did everyone find the test?? the multiple choice was quite hard in my opinion, and does any one have any answers

i agree, multiple choice was difficult.
what did u get the answer for the first question(calculation) and question 2 (david beckham)?
Reply 2
Original post by akasaggar5
i agree, multiple choice was difficult.
what did u get the answer for the first question(calculation) and question 2 (david beckham)?

For the first calculation question I got 14%. For david beckham question it was market differentation. That is what i put and my business teacher agreed with me.
The paper was terrible esp section B. I hope they put the grade boundaries low.
Reply 3
Any ideas about the Yahoo question? It was about them cutting their workforce by 14% in order to focus their resources on the profitable mobile market. Thanks!
Original post by guymac10
Any ideas about the Yahoo question? It was about them cutting their workforce by 14% in order to focus their resources on the profitable mobile market. Thanks!

I put mobile phone prices were likely to fall and there we're a few reasons you could have written... 1. They might lower prices to be more price competitive (as they were focussing on the mobile phone market) and 2) if they are focussing on mobiles, they may have needed to supply more meaning they may achieve economies of scale - therefore able to put prices down. 3) because they had cut the work force, they would have less wages to pay. Therefore they could afford to drop the prices of the mobiles in order to be more competitive (I put this reason as it related most to them cutting the work force)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I messed up two multiple choice Qs and the 6 marker on limited liability :frown:

Do you think I could still scrape an A? Did anybody else miss Qs out?
Reply 6
What did you put on that David beckam question?
Reply 7
Product trial.
Reply 8
The beckham one was product differentiation
Reply 9
Original post by tommy4424

what did you guys put for the Tesco question?
Original post by MR2411
what did you guys put for the Tesco question?

Was that the car one??
Reply 11
Supply of cars?
Could someone put up their answers for all the multiple choice?

Question 1 - operating profits
Question 2 - beckham/ h&m
Question 3 - italian restaurant serving fresh ingredients
Question 4 - tesco abandoning project
Question 5 - yahoo entering mobile technology market
Question 6 - magazine focussed on small target market
Question 7 - contribution calculation
Question 8 - primary/secondary research
(edited 9 years ago)
yeah what did people get for the primary market research, the fresh food in the restaurant and the magazine in a small target market?
i put - market intelligence reports, added value, market niche
Yes I got the same 3 answers
For the david beckham question I put market/product differentiation but it might have been test marketing. Also for the Tesco question I put a rise in insurance costs because that would affect consumption and not Tesco providing the service. What did everyone put for the first question?
Reply 17
Original post by naomirebecca
Was that the car one??

yeah it was
Reply 18
My Answers
operating profit 14%
david Beckham -market differentiation
Yahoo- fall in price
fresh ingredients - added value
magazine - niche market
tesco cars - ethical stance
Contribution - 160
primary / secondary - market intelligence reports
Reply 19
Original post by PeterParker18
For the david beckham question I put market/product differentiation but it might have been test marketing. Also for the Tesco question I put a rise in insurance costs because that would affect consumption and not Tesco providing the service. What did everyone put for the first question?

I did the same! Ethical stance is apparently correct though

Quick Reply

Latest