The Student Room Group

Sociology exam unit 2

does anyone know what topic might come up for methods in context?
I would be ready for a Theoretical Views essay. One came up on a past paper and the teacher report said like no one got it right.
Reply 2
is the theoretical views about functionalist , Marxist :confused:
Original post by EXO365
is the theoretical views about functionalist , Marxist :confused:

Theoretical Views is a bit of a tricky thing to grab, but its about research methods.

Its basically Positivism or Interpretivism.

If it was an essay you would say which methods they favour and why and what their core values are.

Hope this helped
Reply 4
Thank you:smile:
Original post by EXO365
Thank you:smile:

Make sure you know the confusing terms.

For example in a past paper there was a question that said define "Interview Schedule" - A list of questions that are going to be asked in an interview

A bit odd that one, never heard of it, just make sure you know them for the 2 mark questions.
Yeah I should probably start revising LOL

But in seriousness, yeah, just get your theories, sociologist names for education then the rest should come naturally.

As for research methods learns the basic pros + cons of all of them then you can expand in detail when you write the thing. Make sure you know the difference between overt+covert+participant+non-participant and what effects each have. Yeah, 2 hour exam #@!$ I am going to have trouble writing for 2 hours.
Original post by Student20
Yeah I should probably start revising LOL

But in seriousness, yeah, just get your theories, sociologist names for education then the rest should come naturally.

As for research methods learns the basic pros + cons of all of them then you can expand in detail when you write the thing. Make sure you know the difference between overt+covert+participant+non-participant and what effects each have. Yeah, 2 hour exam #@!$ I am going to have trouble writing for 2 hours.

dude think yourself lucky! I have 5 exams left ALL over 2 hours! 2 of them are 2 1/2 hours
Original post by JoshDingri
dude think yourself lucky! I have 5 exams left ALL over 2 hours! 2 of them are 2 1/2 hours

Sucks man, but I got sociology (2 hours tomorrow), ECON2 (hour and a half tomorrow)

So 3.30 hours in one day of exams then I get a Core 2 Maths on Thursday which is always a beast of a paper I'm practically clueless on, I think I'm going to join the Navy if I mess up, can't deal with all this college. They don't even let me go home in my frees, I may as well wear uniform and be in school.
Original post by Student20
Sucks man, but I got sociology (2 hours tomorrow), ECON2 (hour and a half tomorrow)

So 3.30 hours in one day of exams then I get a Core 2 Maths on Thursday which is always a beast of a paper I'm practically clueless on, I think I'm going to join the Navy if I mess up, can't deal with all this college. They don't even let me go home in my frees, I may as well wear uniform and be in school.

Dont let you go home in frees?! Thats stupid. Stupid college.
Reply 10
Does anyone know how to construct a 12 mark question?:confused:
Original post by EXO365
Does anyone know how to construct a 12 mark question?:confused:

Well, since it's a short essay. A short intro and a conclusion would be great.

Other than that just apply knowledge to about 3 paragraphs. Take your six marker and double it.

If your six marker is 3 points with explanation.

Your 12 marker should be 4-5 points with very good explanation as well as the conclusion and introduction including extra knowledge with sociologists and dates, criticisms and links.

I'm only a student, so you may be happy to take that with a grain of sand, but that is how I would do it
Reply 12
Thank you :smile:
this really helped
Original post by EXO365
Thank you :smile:
this really helped

Absolutely no problem :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest