The Student Room Group

GCSE English Lit controlled assessment word limit

Hi everyone,
i just finished my GCSE English Literature controlled assessment
we had to analyse the character Ophelia in the play Hamlet
anyway...the word limit set by our teacher was 1000 words but i had so much to write, i ended up writing 2500
I know i probably shouldn't have and perhaps my work isn't as concise as it could have been but we had to analyse both the adaptation AND the original play
but my question is- will i get penalized for it?
Our exam board is edexcel btw
i'm kinda worried since this is 25% of my my eng lit gcse and my target grade is A*
I don't know about 1000 words. I'm AQA and got full marks in my English Lit CA and I wrote 3000 words when the guide was 2000 words. Just remember it's not a limit, I don't think - just a guide on what you should by writing.

Just looked through the spec for edexcel and it didn't say anything about word limit, so don't worry!
Reply 2
Original post by WillWalker23
I don't know about 1000 words. I'm AQA and got full marks in my English Lit CA and I wrote 3000 words when the guide was 2000 words. Just remember it's not a limit, I don't think - just a guide on what you should by writing.

Just looked through the spec for edexcel and it didn't say anything about word limit, so don't worry!

Phew- that's a relief :smile: I think the teachers just wanted us to be concise...

Quick Reply

Latest