The Student Room Group

Psychology (PSYA2) - 20th May 2014 PM

Does anyone have any predictions for this exam ?????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hally !

I tink the 12 marker will be on treating abnormality, as i havent revised it...
Original post by Hally !

don't count on predictions, but here are some of the essays i have revised for particularly as they haven't come up in ages/ have never come up
:smile:

The Biological Approach Or Biological Therapy For Abnormality

Outline and Evaluate research into the relationship between the immune system and stress related illness.

Discuss two or more methods of stress management

Reply 3
what would you guys write for the immune system and stress essay? Not sure how you could get 6 marks worth of AO1.. unless you link it with workplace and life changes?
You would do Kiecolt-Glaser's study on T-Cell activity during exams and also Cohen's study when he exposed people to illness and compared it to their SRRS score.
Reply 5
Original post by xlaurenanne_
You would do Kiecolt-Glaser's study on T-Cell activity during exams and also Cohen's study when he exposed people to illness and compared it to their SRRS score.

Thanks! Need to revise this now.. hasent come up in a while. Anyone nervous?
Reply 6
What did people put for the true and false conformity tick boxes?
Original post by dakneeul
What did people put for the true and false conformity tick boxes?

I think I wrote False, False, False and True. How did ya'll think it went. I though this paper had some difficult questions but overall it was good.

edit: I remember it now correctly, i wrote false,false,true,false
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
I wrote false, false, true, false. I hated the 12 marker though!! I just wrote about marmot but got the length of the study wrong!!! Arg! Hopefully that won't make me loose too many marks!!
Reply 9
Does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for PSYA1 and PSYA2?
Original post by l1b2
I wrote false, false, true, false. I hated the 12 marker though!! I just wrote about marmot but got the length of the study wrong!!! Arg! Hopefully that won't make me loose too many marks!!

omg people put false false true false? :frown:
I put true true, false false D:
SH**8ttTTT :frown:(((

I thought the 12 marker wasnt that bad..... omg I didnt put marmot. LOL I put friedman and rosenhan for type A personality along with Hardy Kobasa study... D:
Reply 11
For the 12 mark you didn't need the marmot et al study , that was on workplace stress not personality factors. The main study was the Rosenham et al one on type A and type B personalities. If you explained the study in detail and had a good amount of A02, you would be fine. I re-took the exam and I found it much easier than the June 2013 paper. I think the only question that I messed up on was the ethical issues question on how to overcome it. Got a bit confused in the exam but oh well its only 4 marks. Also I think the questions in this paper where a bit stupid and felt disorganised. As for 4 mark questions they asked for too much or too little. But I completed the whole paper feeling confident in comparison to last year.:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by l1b2

but marmot et al is workplace stress not personality factors? you had to talk about rosenham et al
Reply 13
For the ticks I wrote false, true, false false
Reply 14
And for the last question I wrote about SIT for the CBT question was that correct ?
Reply 15
Just wanted to put it out there but with Psychology exams both AS and A2 it is impossible to predict what will come up. This is because with Psychology everything is potentially a 12 mark, 8 mark or 6 mark question. For that reason never listen to predictions even if it given by teachers. The best thing to do is to do all past papers from 2011 onwards. This is the best way to prepare for the exam. Not only are you aware of how of much each question requires but you also realised that similar questions come up every year with different wording. For example, With Psychology AS the previous year the 12 mark question can be on Social Psychology, this does not mean they won't ask a 12 mark from Social Psychology again. They can do it! If you're in year 12 and think you did not do well (hope you did), when re-taking this module next year do not forget to do past papers!

Secondly, Psychology A2 perditions are bullcrap! Just do every single possible 24 mark essay question that could come up! Get your teachers to re-mark it several times until every essay is over 18 marks.

I wish the best for everyone who does psychology, it really is the best a-level but the hardest too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by examgod
And for the last question I wrote about SIT for the CBT question was that correct ?

yes it is! you could talk about SIT or hardiness. SIT is a form of CBT.
Reply 17
Original post by examgod
For the ticks I wrote false, true, false false

same!
Original post by sdeniz21
same!

so did I! :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by jesschocolate28
so did I! :smile:

yay! I hope it was right cause that question was worth 4 marks! How did you find the exam overall?

Quick Reply

Latest