The Student Room Group

AQA Poetry?

This is for the Conflict cluster but some can apply to the other clusters.

Out of the Blue and Come on, Come Back have never appeared but after the curve-balls thrown in the 1H exam I'm not sure how/what to revise? I hardly know any poems well, so was wondering the best approach and if anyone has any exemplar essays on the poetry section since I don't really know how to structure the essay or what I am supposed to include.
Original post by HecTic_H
This is for the Conflict cluster but some can apply to the other clusters.

Out of the Blue and Come on, Come Back have never appeared but after the curve-balls thrown in the 1H exam I'm not sure how/what to revise? I hardly know any poems well, so was wondering the best approach and if anyone has any exemplar essays on the poetry section since I don't really know how to structure the essay or what I am supposed to include.

I'm doing the conflict cluster too! Teacher said as long as you write about Language, Structure and Tone we'll be fine. About to look through my notes but got a geography exam too :/
Reply 2
Original post by ThatSociopath
I'm doing the conflict cluster too! Teacher said as long as you write about Language, Structure and Tone we'll be fine. About to look through my notes but got a geography exam too :/

I just don't know how to structure the actual essay!
There's not really much need for a introduction but just pick out 3 similarities and differences of themes throughout the two poems and then show how it's represented through techniques. Sorry if that's not much help but it's all I know and I'm quite unsure too
How to structure it:
Step 1 - Introduction
Answer the question in 2/3 sentence, refer to both poems and try use some quoted

Step 2 - What section
What are the poet is saying in the first poem, compare to other poem. Must relate to question.

Step 3 - Why section
Why does the poet feel like this, what's the tone/mood of the poem. Compare to other poem.

Step 4 - How section (biggest section)
How the poet expresses themselves through the techiniqes used. Compare each technique with similar/different technique in other peom.

Step 5 - Conclusion
How do you feel?
What are you personal thoughts of the 2 poems. Express a preference and say why, keep this fairly short.

Hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending