The Student Room Group

do i pee enough

I go from 7.00am to 16.00pm without peeing
The average person pees 5-6 times a day. If you go 24 hours without peeing it's considered a medical emergency. You should try to drink more fluid, around 2 litres a day (this can be not just water but tea, coffee, squash etc) and you will start peeing more.
Reply 2
Original post by angelinthenight9

I go at 8am then wait until 3:30 most days because its sort of a routine, between those times i drink 1 litre, ive done that for a few years and ive never had any illnesses related to it.
Reply 3
Original post by angelinthenight9

I used to do this a lot when in school as I hated going to the toilet as found it intimidating..
I don't think it's a bad thing.. But equally it's not particularly healthy either. you probably aren't drinking enough which is why you can last that long :smile:

I've had days where I havnt actually peed Atall until 5pm.. Everyone is different :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Everyone is different but it's really not healthy. If you leave urine in your bladder for hours at a time it's at risk of getting infected, meaning you could get a bladder infection. If you need the loo at school just shove some toilet roll down it and nobody will hear (if that's what you meant by intimidating, I used to do that all the time haha)

Original post by 9967
I used to do this a lot when in school as I hated going to the toilet as found it intimidating..
I don't think it's a bad thing.. But equally it's not particularly healthy either. you probably aren't drinking enough which is why you can last that long :smile:

I've had days where I havnt actually peed Atall until 5pm.. Everyone is different :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:eek: Good Lord. I pee like 500 times a day. Do you just not feel the need to go at all?

If you're drinking enough and you're not in any discomfort you may be fine. It's just completely unthinkable to me :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
likewise. I pee when I wake up, which is like at 7:00am, and then again when I get home which is at 4:30pm ish. Sometimes I'll pee in school, but I don't really have to. I genuinely don't get the urge to pee.
Reply 7
Original post by infairverona
The average person pees 5-6 times a day. If you go 24 hours without peeing it's considered a medical emergency. You should try to drink more fluid, around 2 litres a day (this can be not just water but tea, coffee, squash etc) and you will start peeing more.

5-6 times a day?! :eek:
Then again, I'm not very average with anything else, so this makes no difference :wink:

I guess it's more of a 'routine' thing with me. I'm too used to my old habits, ahah.
Original post by Caitlin_3008
5-6 times a day?! :eek:
Then again, I'm not very average with anything else, so this makes no difference :wink:

I guess it's more of a 'routine' thing with me. I'm too used to my old habits, ahah.

Trust me - if you start drinking the 2l of fluid we're meant to have a day, you would be going like a horse! I recently had a UTI and my doctor told me all this stuff about it haha. But yeah really, if you're drinking enough you should be peeing more. The best test is if it's clear. I have a litre Bobble bottle now so fill that up twice a day and job's a good'un :smile: most people don't drink enough at all though, it's really good for your skin and just generally keeps your body working more smoothly so if you're not peeing much it's likely you're not drinking enough, especially now it's getting warmer and people get more dehydrated
Reply 9
How much are you drinking in a day? You really should be using the restroom more.
You're probably not drinking enough. Since I've started to actually drink 2 litres a day, I go so often it annoys me :')
It's not unusual, but most of the population are in a state of permanent semi-dehydration, so I would start drinking more water. It's easy if you have a glass with meals, and schedule a few other times / carry a bottle around. :smile:
Original post by infairverona
Trust me - if you start drinking the 2l of fluid we're meant to have a day, you would be going like a horse! I recently had a UTI and my doctor told me all this stuff about it haha. But yeah really, if you're drinking enough you should be peeing more. The best test is if it's clear. I have a litre Bobble bottle now so fill that up twice a day and job's a good'un :smile: most people don't drink enough at all though, it's really good for your skin and just generally keeps your body working more smoothly so if you're not peeing much it's likely you're not drinking enough, especially now it's getting warmer and people get more dehydrated
You're not supposed to drink two litres of fluid every day. That's the total amount you're supposed to take in, and probably half of that of it is in the food you eat.

Given that the sensation is thirst is the first stage of dehydration, you're pretty safe not drinking any more than you feel the need to. Your body will tell you if you're not drinking enough.
Original post by Tootles
You're not supposed to drink two litres of fluid every day. That's the total amount you're supposed to take in, and probably half of that of it is in the food you eat.

Given that the sensation is thirst is the first stage of dehydration, you're pretty safe not drinking any more than you feel the need to. Your body will tell you if you're not drinking enough.

I have been told by 5 different GPs in the past week that we should be drinking 2 litres of fluid. Lots of people don't drink enough because the less you drink, the less you feel you need to drink. When you start drinking more, you get more thirsty more often. And if your pee isn't clear you're definitely not drinking enough.
Original post by blubimnotafish
You're probably not drinking enough. Since I've started to actually drink 2 litres a day, I go so often it annoys me :')

This haha.. I even wake up once in the night for a pee without fail :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest