The Student Room Group

Good books to practice clinical cases questions?

Hi,

Anyone know good books to practice clinical cases questions for finals? ( the long answer questions, not emqs or mcqs)

Thanks!
There's 100 Cases in Clinical Medicine which is pretty good. It's available free online as well, google it.
Reply 2
Original post by hoonosewot
There's 100 Cases in Clinical Medicine which is pretty good. It's available free online as well, google it.

Thank you!!
Oxford cases in medicine and surgery is really decent, bit more hefty but I learnt a lot going through it (29 chapters, each take ~45 mins to an hour).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mushi_master
Oxford cases in medicine and surgery is really decent, bit more hefty but I learnt a lot going through it (29 chapters, each take ~45 mins to an hour).

Posted from TSR Mobile

This available for free anywhere online that you know of? Our library doesn't have it.
Original post by hoonosewot
This available for free anywhere online that you know of? Our library doesn't have it.

Not that I'm aware of. It's a book definitely worth buying. In fact I may go to the extent of saying it was the best book I've ever used in medical school. I learned so much and it's like the authors hold your hands and guide you along all the cases explaining along the way why each diagnosis is or isn't likely. Totally worth the money.

P/S: No conflict of interest here.
Original post by Da CorrupteD KiD
Not that I'm aware of. It's a book definitely worth buying. In fact I may go to the extent of saying it was the best book I've ever used in medical school. I learned so much and it's like the authors hold your hands and guide you along all the cases explaining along the way why each diagnosis is or isn't likely. Totally worth the money.

P/S: No conflict of interest here.

Never mind, think i've found it?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CD8QFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fxa.yimg.com%2Fkq%2Fgroups%2F16749867%2F1043951202%2Fname%2F0340816708Surgery.pdf&ei=JRB9U4WSLbDT7Aaw5oCIDw&usg=AFQjCNGabba7VwWfJx8C7tRpZqw7kd0DTA&sig2=g_JmTgTVN7gBnkJwKcN3VQ&cad=rja
Reply 7
More so to answer questions, than go through cases...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending