The Student Room Group

Higher RMPS Exam Discussion & Predictions

Hey guys,
Just starting a thread so we can all discuss on what might come up in the RMPS exam on the 26th.

My strongest area is definitely Crime and Punishment (Kantian Ethics, Utilitarianism etc.) Hoping some well rounded questions come up and I'm praying that it doesn't mention the Cosmological Argument (I know nothing lol:rolleyes:)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am exactly the same! i just dont understand the cosmological argument haha, I love Utilitarianism! Our teachers said that there might be a question on kant/utlitarianism and their vievs on punishment and that there will definitely be a question on evolution.. and that a 10 marker might come up again..
just try and remember it by COSmological! uncaused cause! :smile:
Reply 3
Correct me if I'm wrong, I couldn't find a thread on RMPS so decided to create one just before the exam on Monday 26th May. How is everyone feeling about it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Christianity, crime and punishment and science & belief. I say higher last year and got a B, but I really enjoyed the subject so took it again as a 5th higher rather than taking free periods. As I already have a B, it hasn't been a top priority subject for me this year so I haven't focused on it as much. However, now that the exams coming up I realise just how much I've forgotten about the course and so I need to cram in major revision. The problem is, I'm really struggling with revising Christianity as I really don't know what to revise for it. Does any one have any websites that would help me, or can you name the topic in Christianity section that I should revise?
Original post by Stepherz
Correct me if I'm wrong, I couldn't find a thread on RMPS so decided to create one just before the exam on Monday 26th May. How is everyone feeling about it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've merged your thread with one already existing for Higher RMPS. Best of luck with the exam next week! :smile:
Reply 6
What has your teacher's predicted? Mine thinks strengths and weaknesses of revelation will come up but I have no idea what to do for it...
Reply 7
Kants responses to war no clue
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by frohzin
What has your teacher's predicted? Mine thinks strengths and weaknesses of revelation will come up but I have no idea what to do for it...

i have loads of strengths and weaknesses of revelation, i can type them out for you if it would help
Original post by steven18
Kants responses to war no clue

just remember the 3 maxims!
1. Must act as though you are the absolute authority
2. You should be able to make it into a universal law
3. Never treat people as a means to an end!

war goes against all 3 of those! Think, what if everybody did this (universal law)? The world would be full of war and death! Also, war uses soilders in order to try and win the war and therefore it is using people (soilders) as a means to and end!

HOWEVER, the categorical imperative says that you should base your actions on a sense of duty! It is your duty to fight for your country and try and protect your civilians and war may be necessary in order to do this!

Therefore, according to Kant, although war is not completely morally right, it could be necessary
Is anyone else doing the Gender topic? I really struggled/am struggling with it this year and was wondering if anyone else did/is.....haha
Reply 11
I'm doing Buddhism, Belief and Science and Crime and Punishment.

The Crime and Punishment stuff is okay and so is Belief and Science. Buddhism... Not so great :colone:
I've been cramming in as much as I can. I really want/need an A.
Good luck for Monday!
Reply 12
I'm doing morality (utilitarianism, Kant, also Euthanasia etc...) , science & belief and Christianity. I love Utilitarianism and Kant so hopefully they will be there. Plus remember all the different views for different Religions. Anyone else doing the euthanasia topic? What do you reckon they will ask. Christianity is probably the topic I'm a bit iffy on so hopefully some nice questions for them will come up! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Stepherz
I'm doing morality (utilitarianism, Kant, also Euthanasia etc...) , science & belief and Christianity. I love Utilitarianism and Kant so hopefully they will be there. Plus remember all the different views for different Religions. Anyone else doing the euthanasia topic? What do you reckon they will ask. Christianity is probably the topic I'm a bit iffy on so hopefully some nice questions for them will come up! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am doing the same as you however I am doing Islam as my religion! I definitely think evolution will come up . Does anyone have any other predictions ? I'm so nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Im doing Buddhism, gender and science and belief. We haven't been given any predictions but I really dont understand evoloution, is anybody able to explain it to me please? I also think human condition will come up for buddhism and maybe meditation but it's all just a guessing game. If revelation came up that would be fab.
Reply 15
Original post by shirazavraham
i have loads of strengths and weaknesses of revelation, i can type them out for you if it would help

Revelation pros:
Too many people have had religious experiances for them not to be true

It gives meaning and purpose to life. It encourages and inspires and provides comfort during times of suffering.

Revelation cons:
Special revelation is only an individual who experiances it and therefore it is hard to believe when you have not experianced it yourself.

Many people mistake revelation as dreams as they hope that it will take place and God will reveal himself but actually it is nothing more than a dream.
Reply 16
I've just started revising rmps today due to other exams, hoping that I remember a lot of the course and don't have much work to do. I got an A in the prelim so hoping for one in the final exam...I hope I haven't started too late ..
Totally thread crashing here because I'm not sitting the exam this year. :P I was wondering how similar higher is to Int 2. From the sounds of the course outline it looks exactly the same but probably more in depth. Is this true or am I totally wrong? Good luck with the exam!
Reply 18
Original post by GoldenAge
Totally thread crashing here because I'm not sitting the exam this year. :P I was wondering how similar higher is to Int 2. From the sounds of the course outline it looks exactly the same but probably more in depth. Is this true or am I totally wrong? Good luck with the exam!

Ive crashed it this year so I really don't know, the jump hasn't been bad and higher is a really great course that provides you with some amazing skills and it provides you with a sense of maturity so it's really worthwhile :smile:
Original post by OxFox
Ive crashed it this year so I really don't know, the jump hasn't been bad and higher is a really great course that provides you with some amazing skills and it provides you with a sense of maturity so it's really worthwhile :smile:

It definitely sounds awesome. I'm just worried that I'll get bored if it's exactly the same stuff all over again. But hey, I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, the teacher will be a laugh, and I think there's about seven people in my class. I'm totally looking forwards to it. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending