The Student Room Group

AQA Physics A Unit 5 - 19 June 2014

Couldn't find a new one for it so thought I should create one for people who are doing it this year.

how's everyone finding it?

and what optional unit are you doing? I'm doing Medical Physics

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7jImDjNPBhqWHZtQmcxN1FkVm8&usp=sharing

kerboodle notes for each optional unit
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Original post by Goods
bump

what optional module are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by Qari
what optional module are you doing?

advanced mechanics and thermal dynamics (C)
Reply 5
Original post by Goods

I didn't even know about that one :tongue:
is it writing based or mathematics based?
Reply 6
Original post by Qari
I didn't even know about that one :tongue:
is it writing based or mathematics based?

Its about engines heat pumps and rotational mechanics, its mainly maths but the written parts are really quite hard.
Reply 7
Original post by Goods
Its about engines heat pumps and rotational mechanics, its mainly maths but the written parts are really quite hard.

i take it you prefer Maths over thr Writing?
Original post by Goods

I'm doing option C too, do we need to know how heat pumps and fridges work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Turning Points in Physics (D)

I find the calculations are all relatively straight forward with the exception of special relativity (I sometimes get proper and observed length and time mixed up) and the 6 markers are horrrrrrrrible.

Section A is ridiculously easy though.
Reply 10
Original post by RuSSeLLMaGuiRe
Turning Points in Physics (D)

I find the calculations are all relatively straight forward with the exception of special relativity (I sometimes get proper and observed length and time mixed up) and the 6 markers are horrrrrrrrible.

Section A is ridiculously easy though.

I mess up on the.thermal stuff in section.A
Optional unit.is all memorising.imo.

I hate 6 markers in both unit 4 & 5
Thank god we have an official thread for it. I'm doing Medical Physics btw :smile:

Everyone i think it's best if we pool our revision resources together and i'll start with my folder, if you could all contribute and then we could help each other out, that would be great.
Reply 12
Original post by deadmau_5
Thank god we have an official thread for it. I'm doing Medical Physics btw :smile:

Everyone i think it's best if we pool our revision resources together and i'll start with my folder, if you could all contribute and then we could help each other out, that would be great.

haha that's what I was thinking when I started the thread that we need one where we can all talk. There's a Unit 4 one as well
Thanks
&
Do you have the kerboodle notes? or shall I send you them?

And not everyone is doing medical physics.
For Unit 5 I just read from Nelson Thorne Book due to it not being that big
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Qari
haha that's what I was thinking when I started the thread that we need one where we can all talk. There's a Unit 4 one as well
Thanks
&
Do you have the kerboodle notes? or shall I send you them?

And not everyone is doing medical physics.
For Unit 5 I just read from Nelson Thorne Book due to it not being that big

If you could send the kerboodle notes that would be fantastic bro :biggrin: Yea unfortunately i don't have any other unit notes but if i do find some i'll send them this way.
Reply 14
If you could send the kerboodle notes that would be fantastic bro :biggrin: Yea unfortunately i don't have any other unit notes but if i do find some i'll send them this way.

there you are m8
Reply 15
Original post by Qari
there you are m8

Heya :biggrin: Did you have the answers to those summary questions? I've been looking everywhere for them.

I find the 6 mark questions pretty awful... I think Im a little more confident with med physics than I am with the nuclear/thermal stuff, but then again I'm not very confident at all.
Reply 16
Original post by Azuria
Heya :biggrin: Did you have the answers to those summary questions? I've been looking everywhere for them.

I find the 6 mark questions pretty awful... I think Im a little more confident with med physics than I am with the nuclear/thermal stuff, but then again I'm not very confident at all.

only answers are the ones on page 15-16 of sheet 5.

I'm not confident with either but I'd choose section a over med
Original post by Qari

I might have something for you all, it's the exam style questions for the chapters 9-10. Might be useful to some of you, i may need help in a few days aswell about how to go around answering them so :tongue: heads up.
Reply 18
I might have something for you all, it's the exam style questions for the chapters 9-10. Might be useful to some of you, i may need help in a few days aswell about how to go around answering them so :tongue: heads up.

thanks :tongue: I don't mind. I'll probably start them some time in the holiday
Reply 19
Original post by Qari

Oooh thank you xD I guess I never scrolled down past the info stuff to notice lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending