The Student Room Group

POLL: When was the last time you had a Facebook friend clear out?

Poll

When was the last time you had a Facebook clear out?

Just a quick question as part of a study for a current university project around people and facebook!

Have you ever had a Facebook friend clear out and if so, when was the last time?
Are you afraid of unfriending some people? (Old friends who you never speak to anymore for example).

Would love to hear your opinions, cheers!
I didn't bother, I just deleted the whole thing and started a new one.
Maybe once or twice, people I haven't spoken to in a 12+ months.

I always block the people I unfriend so they cannot see that I unfriended them.
I never have done, can't be bothered to trawl through three hundred names, even if I haven't spoken to some of them for like two years.
Can't be bothered - I just leave them there. Haven't logged on Facebook for ages so I don't care who unfriends me :awesome:
I've done clear outs in the past. I created a new account last year but not really because of the amount of friends I had but because of the amount of useless pages I had liked. They had taken over my news feed and I could no longer see things that were posted by those on my friends list.
Never. To be honest I would I just can't be bothered.
I am finished school now I've been having a big clear out. Saving some for after prom though :tongue: it's scary in a sense because unfriending someone these days is pretty much saying you're dead to me because people can take it so personally :/ but it has to be done
I could easily cut my friends list by 90% without it making much difference to my life. Too much effort though.
Reply 9
Original post by sr90
I could easily cut my friends list by 90% without it making much difference to my life. Too much effort though.

Personally i'd agree with you, very few on there i'd actually feel bothered about sharing my life with but likewise!
Original post by Joshhh
Personally i'd agree with you, very few on there i'd actually feel bothered about sharing my life with but likewise!

To be honest I never interact with any of my 'close friends' on Facebook anyway, it's nice to see their photos but if I want to talk to them i'll text them and vice versa. Haven't used Facebook chat in god knows how long.
Original post by Joshhh
Just a quick question as part of a study for a current university project around people and facebook!

Have you ever had a Facebook friend clear out and if so, when was the last time?
Are you afraid of unfriending some people? (Old friends who you never speak to anymore for example).

Once in a while I do a massive clear out.

I don't feel afraid of unfriending people.
Unlike what seems to be the majority of people my age, I didn't get facebook in 2009-10.
So basically, I didn't add every single person I've heard of.

I recently got facebook in 2013, so it was quite new to me. I only added the people I like- so about 87 people including family.
So no, as long as I add people I like only, I don't think I'll have a facebook clear out. I see nothing appealing about adding your co-worker who you've only spoken to three times, and love to hate looking at their cringey posts.

I think you can become more positive as an effect, but that's my personal opinion. I also didn't get the chance (thank god) to comment on every single girls picture who I wanted to be friends with commenting 'PEEENG BAABE'.

Ah, I love my parents.
Reply 13
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Unlike what seems to be the majority of people my age, I didn't get facebook in 2009-10.
So basically, I didn't add every single person I've heard of.

I recently got facebook in 2013, so it was quite new to me. I only added the people I like- so about 87 people including family.
So no, as long as I add people I like only, I don't think I'll have a facebook clear out. I see nothing appealing about adding your co-worker who you've only spoken to three times, and love to hate looking at their cringey posts.

I think you can become more positive as an effect, but that's my personal opinion. I also didn't get the chance (thank god) to comment on every single girls picture who I wanted to be friends with commenting 'PEEENG BAABE'.

Ah, I love my parents.

Completely agree, personally i've thought about just deleting my Facebook altogether and starting fresh, keeping only the people I actually speak to close rather than people I really don't care about.
I recently deleted close to 250 people because I realised I just didn't care any more - they were almost all from secondary school and we stopped talking a long time ago.
Original post by Joshhh

Probably about 6 months ago? I just realised I had a lot of people I never spoke to, and would never speak to. There was no need to keep them on my FB. Most of them were people I went to primary/secondary school people who hadn't even spoken to me at school and just added me to boost their friend list tbh. Didn't see the point in having them on there :dontknow:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending