The Student Room Group

Am I the only teen listening to movie soundtracks...?

Hey'all!

Okay, please don't judge me, but I am 18 years old, and every time I mention to listening to classical music or film soundtracks, people give me THE weirdest looks on the planet. I've been listening to artists such as Thomas Newman, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard since I turned 13. Am I the only one.....?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArch
Hey'all!

Okay, please don't judge me, but I am 18 years old, and every time I mention to listening to classical music or film soundtracks, people give me THE weirdest looks on the planet. I've been listening to artists such as Thomas Newman, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard since I turned 13. Am I the only one.....?

Nope I do this too!

I regularly listen to film, game and TV soundtracks that I like, including The Hobbit, Halo, Doctor Who and Sherlock!

I love it, some of the best bits of films are the great music, and they're good for listening to without having to pay attention to lyrics too...
Reply 2
Original post by Toughtee
Nope I do this too!

I regularly listen to film, game and TV soundtracks that I like, including The Hobbit, Halo, Doctor Who and Sherlock!

I love it, some of the best bits of films are the great music, and they're good for listening to without having to pay attention to lyrics too...

:eek::eek::eek:
Oh...my God....I listen to all of the ones you've mentioned!!!! I LOVE Sherlock....*fangirls*....Halo is epic......Doctor Who....The Hobbit!!! Oh lord, thank you!!!
And same here! They take me away from this world and into another dimension...
Reply 3
Original post by TheArch
Hey'all!

That is haram
Original post by TheArch
:eek::eek::eek:
Oh...my God....I listen to all of the ones you've mentioned!!!! I LOVE Sherlock....*fangirls*....Halo is epic......Doctor Who....The Hobbit!!! Oh lord, thank you!!!
And same here! They take me away from this world and into another dimension...

That's why I listen to them, they're just so epic! You think you get weird looks, image the weird looks when I (an 18 year old guy) fangirls whenever Sherlock or Doctor Who is mentioned :')
Reply 5
Original post by MASTER265
That is haram

What does that mean...?
Reply 6
That's why I listen to them, they're just so epic! You think you get weird looks, image the weird looks when I (an 18 year old guy) fangirls whenever Sherlock or Doctor Who is mentioned :')

If you told me you liked both Sherlock and Who, I would end up squealing and hugging you :biggrin: my faith in humanity has been restored...
Original post by TheArch
Hey'all!

definitely not, I listen to hans zimmer, his music is just too cool
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheArch
If you told me you liked both Sherlock and Who, I would end up squealing and hugging you :biggrin: my faith in humanity has been restored...

Would it help if I said I was a Marvel/Avengers fan too? :P
Reply 9
Original post by ThatMadClown
definitely not, I listen to hans zimmer, he's music is just too cool

Yeahhh, love that! I love his Pirates of the Caribbean and Inception soundtrack :biggrin:
Ok I do this :biggrin:
Personally I like songs in the TV series suits
Reply 11
Original post by toughtee
would it help if i said i was a marvel/avengers fan too? :tongue:

*hyperventilates* yesyesyesyesyesyesyes i am too...........
You're not alone.

BRB Hanz Zimmer
BRB Nobuo Uematsu
BRB Berlin Calling
BRB Skyrim

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, they are probably the best soundtracks!! My iPod is littered with Skyrim, Assassins creed, halo, doctor who, Sherlock - I love the music sooooo much!
Original post by TheArch
*hyperventilates* yesyesyesyesyesyesyes i am too...........

I guessed so! You have a fantastic choice in TV and films :smile:
Reply 15
I guessed so! You have a fantastic choice in TV and films :smile:

Why thank you! Same goes to you ^^
I'm not fanatic about soundtracks but I have definitely listened back to a lot of them that have stood out to me after watching films. A lot of the time I search for a soundtrack for a film and it always tends to be scored by Hans Zimmer. He's incredible.
Original post by TheArch
Yeahhh, love that! I love his Pirates of the Caribbean and Inception soundtrack :biggrin:

inception- time was brilliant, the guys a genius his score for batman was the best (i thought)
Hans Zimmer is 'Hans' down (see what I did there?) the best movie composer out there. His scores for Nolan's movies are incredible, although do seem to have a mutual theme of darkness to them. I think my iPod has more movie soundtracks than any other genre of music!
Original post by TheArch
Why thank you! Same goes to you ^^

Nice avatar btw :smile:

Definitely my man crush!

Quick Reply

Latest