The Student Room Group

A level Geography Revision and Help

I noticed a lack of help groups for Geography revision at A level, would anyone be interested in such a thread? We can share tips and resources on how to revise, and then more specifically with case studies if we are on similar ones. I am on WJEC, what is everyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by alannahp
I noticed a lack of help groups for Geography revision at A level, would anyone be interested in such a thread? We can share tips and resources on how to revise, and then more specifically with case studies if we are on similar ones. I am on WJEC, what is everyone else?

it would be helpful but i'm on ocr. maybe a general revision thread though for all exam boards
Reply 2
Original post by tgwktm
it would be helpful but i'm on ocr. maybe a general revision thread though for all exam boards

There are a lot of topics and general revision techniques that do overlap and will help, especially if more people are on here :-)
Reply 3
There are a lot of topics and general revision techniques that do overlap and will help, especially if more people are on here :-)

i know only one other person on here who does OCR A level geography, but we could make a general one yes
Original post by tgwktm
i know only one other person on here who does OCR A level geography, but we could make a general one yes

I'm on OCR A-Level Geography too!!!
Reply 5
Original post by AliyaMustafina
I'm on OCR A-Level Geography too!!!

oh cool great! what topics are you doing?
Original post by tgwktm
oh cool great! what topics are you doing?

I'm doing AS so Cold, Rivers, Coasts and Urban, Rural, Toruism
Reply 7
Original post by AliyaMustafina
I'm doing AS so Cold, Rivers, Coasts and Urban, Rural, Toruism

oh right, i did cold coasts and tourism at AS when i did it along with hot and energy. i do A2 now and i am doing population and resources, earth hazards, climatic hazards and development and inequalities
My board is cie and there's 8 topics :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
My board is cie and there's 8 topics :frown:

ouch :frown: how many exams is that?
ouch :frown: how many exams is that?

2 1:30 hour papers. 1 5 min break covering from the wet tropical areas to the development of region.
Reply 11
2 1:30 hour papers. 1 5 min break covering from the wet tropical areas to the development of region.

it could be worse! I have a 2h15 exam and a 1h45 exam,
the first is 45 mins coast essay, 45 min India essay and 45 mins on an investigation into deprivation.
The second one is three 10 markers and two essays, on either water, energy, food supplies or cities. the short questions plus one essay is on two topics and we have a pre released booklet that we are supposed to use on top of our own knowledge, and the final essay is on either of the two topics that aren't on the paper (this year it is food and cities on the paper then either a water or energy essay)
My exam format, do 4 of these in the exam
Mine does not require investigation.
Reply 14
i have 2 exams one 2hr 30mins long one 1hr 30mins long
Reply 15
I'm on OCR A2 geography! :smile: Currently attempting a 30 mark essay, taking much longer than originally thought! :s-smilie:
Reply 16
My exam format, do 4 of these in the exam

I think it is easier to pick up marks with that format- If I screw up one 25 marker, I screw up a 1/3 of the paper, its easier to stay on topic with shorter answers :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by imym
I'm on OCR A2 geography! :smile: Currently attempting a 30 mark essay, taking much longer than originally thought! :s-smilie:

I always find that there is a ridiculous amount of content in these exams :/
Reply 18
I always find that there is a ridiculous amount of content in these exams :/

Tell me about it, so many case studies, so little time... story of my life!
Reply 19
Does anyone have a case study of MEDC drought, like the drought in southern Spain? Thank you:redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending