The Student Room Group

Am I too fat to date?

I consider myself a confident enough guy, but am I too fat to date?

I'm 234 lbs and 5'11 in height, and I'm planning to lose to get to 200 lbs by the end of the year.

But is this too big?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is this a troll? Because if you lose 200lbs you will be 34lbs which is approximately 15 kilos :confused: also their are no rules, or weight restrictions to dating. A person will date you because they like who you are. But if you feel uncomfortable about your weight it's good you're determined to do something about it :smile: as we live in such a harsh society which is unfortunately based on looks.
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Is this a troll? Because if you lose 200lbs you will be 34lbs which is approximately 15 kilos :confused: also their are no rules, or weight restrictions to dating. A person will date you because they like who you are. But if you feel uncomfortable about your weight it's good you're determined to do something about it :smile: as we live in such a harsh society which is unfortunately based on looks.

he said to get to 200lbs so losing 34lbs
Original post by Hanya Pouncey

Lol he said shes planning to lose weight from 234lbs to 200lbs, so he wants to lose the 34lbs in other words, just incase you didn't understand lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by nabeel1231
Lol she said shes planning to lose weight from 234lbs to 200lbs, so she wants to lose the 34lbs in other words, just incase you didn't understand lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile

pretty sure OP is a dude
Reply 5
to clarify, I want to get down to 200 lbs, but I am 234 lbs now.

And yep, I'm a dude lol..
Not to be horrible, but sorry I don't believe in sugar coating things when it comes to serious topics like health . You are far too fat for your own sake. You seriously need to start taking in a calorie deficit, maybe 500 or so. You are big and so will lose it fast.

And sorry but 200lbs is still far too big, you should able for approximately <182. It can be just small changes to your life and there are great benefits to it:

- Feeling healthy
- Better confidence and self esteem
- More attention from the opposite sex

If you don't lose this unnecessary weight, I promise you it will come back to haunt you later in life.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Not to be horrible, but sorry I don't believe in sugar coating things when it comes to serious topics like health . You are far too fat for your own sake. You seriously need to start taking in a calorie deficit, maybe 500 or so. You are big and so will lose it fast.

And sorry but 200lbs is still far too big, you should able for approximately <182. It can be just small changes to your life and there are great benefits to it:

- Feeling healthy

If you don't lose this unnecessary weight, I promise you it will come back to haunt you later in life.

I know the health risks, and yeah I know 200 lbs is a bit big. it's just I think it would make me more attractive to women. I don't eat fried food, drink coke sparingly and largely drink water, so I'm getting there. Just have to get back in my exercise routine.
No-one is too fat to date, but I'd honestly be concerned about your health rather than anything else.

Funnily enough, I weigh exactly the same as you (last time I checked). I've started to do more exercise and eat more healthily and it is going some good.

I have no problem interacting with the opposite sex (or same sex, whatever floats your boat). Confidence is not something that can be determined by your exterior features, it's about how you feel about yourself. The most gorgeous girl ever could still look (and do sometimes look) in the mirror and don't find themselves attractive.

If you'd happen to be looking for exercise tips, I definitely recommend swimming. Diet tips, I wouldn't follow any extreme ones because weight-loss for them is normally quick but short-term, and can often have serious health risks (however, arguably the health risks from being overweight outweigh the health risks of extreme dieting). Eating less of the bad stuff and more of the good stuff is a pretty solid rule to live by.

So, no. You're not too fat to date, but it seems like this attitude/assumption is maybe the reason why you aren't dating currently.
Eat at 3500 calories and go do some weight training. Do this for about 12 months with lots of heavy lifting. People will be mirin by month 8/9.

Worked for me.
Calorie-deficit by eating clean and picking up heavy things. Weight will fly off! But in answer to the question: it may help if you want birds to take an interest.
No you're not...

...but there is such a thing as being too desperate to date. It's good that you want to lose weight, but it's bad if you then make it clear that you're only doing it for soul-seeking.
Reply 12
Original post by nabeel1231
Lol he said shes planning to lose weight from 234lbs to 200lbs, so he wants to lose the 34lbs in other words, just incase you didn't understand lol...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh haha I totally read that wrong! I was gonna saaaay!
It wouldn't put me off dating someone, no. I would be put off by laziness/if they didn't intend to lose the weight. But that's not the case with you, you realise the health risks and like you said you're trying to lose weight, you're determined. You'll find someone, but right now focus on yourself. Good luck :smile:
I consider myself a confident enough guy, but am I too fat to date?

I'm 234 lbs and 5'11 in height, and I'm planning to lose to get to 200 lbs by the end of the year.

But is this too big?

As a guy who's 6'4 and went from 160lb to 330lb in 8 years i can tell you that women did not care that my face was fairly average, did not care that my hair started to recede early but did care that i became fat. If you intend on getting laid again, lose the weight at all costs.

- Feeling healthy

Even 182 is a bit big tbh, that's what I currently weigh and I could definitely do with losing a bit of weight. I'm a bit chubby and i've got no confidence in myself, which probably explains why I can't find a girlfriend at the moment.

I think habits are really easy to make and really hard to break, and poor diet/lack of exercise is one of them. I used to be incredibly active and in shape when I was younger but now i'm the complete opposite, my diet has been crap for the past few months but now uni is over I can actually make a serious effort to lose the weight.

Good luck OP :tongue:
I am just over 100 lbs lighter than you at the moment (at 5' 8) and my ex was around your weight and slightly shorter. There was no problem in any area :sexface: so dw about that. I have been with guys with a similar weight to me and taller but preferred my ex.

You need confidence that's all! Ofcourse people have preferences but don't write yourself off. By all means get healthy but don't girls as a motivator.
I know the health risks, and yeah I know 200 lbs is a bit big. it's just I think it would make me more attractive to women. I don't eat fried food, drink coke sparingly and largely drink water, so I'm getting there. Just have to get back in my exercise routine.

To be honest if you are only doing it for women and not the fact it could shorten your life significantly, you are not going to succeed...
To be honest if you are only doing it for women and not the fact it could shorten your life significantly, you are not going to succeed...

Why not? women don't like fat guys, don't see anything wrong to make myself more attractive.
Why not? women don't like fat guys, don't see anything wrong to make myself more attractive.

They mean that you should do it for yourself and not women. If you do it for women you could well form an unhealthy co-dependent relationship whereby you attach a degree of your self worth to whether your able to get a woman.

Quick Reply

Latest