The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5140
Original post by Kruz
Looool I'd have died, the day before the final at work I chatting the wickedest smack ever.

Apparently never watched him, but read he's quick, versatile and can also score goals.

Man like you woulda been breaking that no cry feel for 5 years record instantly, and most likely did at 2-0 Hull :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5141
Original post by Kruz
Looool I'd have died, the day before the final at work I chatting the wickedest smack ever.

Apparently never watched him, but read he's quick, versatile and can also score goals.

Read an article about him on sky sports just a while ago, about his desire to play in England, how he'd be excited if we made a bid for him. Literally begging for us to sign him..

6 goals & 6 assists in 34 appearances is a pretty good stat for a 21 year old RB. Just hope he doesn't turn out to be an Eboue lol

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Eboue, I actuall adored his willingness to try.. But we need a true talented replacement
Original post by SHOO
Anyway, back to Arsenal.

Who has ever seen Aurier play? If so, what do we make of him? I've heard him being compared to Dani Alvez once haha

I don't think anyone on this sub-forum has seen him play regularly, but he was voted the best RB in Ligue 1 in L'Equipe and he's highly thought of in France
Reply 5143
Original post by little_tom
I don't think anyone on this sub-forum has seen him play regularly, but he was voted the best RB in Ligue 1 in L'Equipe and he's highly thought of in France

People talk about our need for a striker but when Sagna leaves, replacing him should be our number one priority. If we can sign up Aurier, wait what's the asking price??

Anyway, when we replace him only then should we concentrate on the other positions

I really hope Wenger doesn't make my summer an anxious one :frown:
Original post by SHOO
People talk about our need for a striker but when Sagna leaves, replacing him should be our number one priority. If we can sign up Aurier, wait what's the asking price??

Anyway, when we replace him only then should we concentrate on the other positions

I really hope Wenger doesn't make my summer an anxious one :frown:

£6 mil iirc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
So UTD bidding for, and perhaps getting, Fabregas??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Utd has been linked with almost every player avaliable for transfer, but I only see them getting a handful of them.
I think Aurier is as good as signed tbh
Original post by SHOO
Lol speaking of..

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1400707532.759951.jpg

Actually, "United" in Arabic is موحد 'Muvahad'

and إتحاد 'Etihad' means "Union" or "Association" (so not quite)
Reply 5148
Original post by Zürich
I think Aurier is as good as signed tbh

Same was said about Higuin last year :frown:
Original post by shawn_o1
Actually, "United" in Arabic is موحد 'Muvahad'

and إتحاد 'Etihad' means "Union" or "Association" (so not quite)

lol
I've watched Aurier regularly and for £7M he's an absolute bargain. He's a potent attacking threat from the wing. He loves to cross he love to be incisive in the final third but more importantly from what I've seen he's an intelligent full back.

He reads the game slightly above average than other players in Ligue 1 and he takes advantage. He knows when to defend and stay back or to run up the line and overlap. This has annoyed Toulouse fans a little because they're want constant attacking football but in reality they don't see the value of what he does.

He's a total athlete, strong, fast, bags of energy and stamina with a technique to deliver accurate crosses. He versatility is a key aspect also, he can play anywhere across the front 3, he becomes our 4th CB.

Obviously his stats are slight skewed because of the inferiority of Ligue 1. He's too comfortable in that league imo, he's allowed too much freedom down the right by opposition and so he has a big impact on games.

He has a bit of a discipline problem. He get over hyper on the pitch which lead to him remonstrating with refs alot. That needs to be coached out of him immediately or else he'll struggle in the CL and Prem.

Alain Casanova speaks highly of him, Aurier come across a professional although his public display of affection for Arsenal is quite bad. For Gooners we love it but it doesn't give of the best image to the people around him.

He a quality player, the ideal replacement for Sagna but I would not feel totally comfortable with just Jenks and him alone for RB. They're both still young and I think the pressure for playing for Arsenal will get to them and lead to mistakes as we've seen with Jenks.

Aurier potential link up with Theo is another thing that worries me, He performs much better when they're are technically based players on the wings.
Original post by sevchenko
I've watched Aurier regularly and for £7M he's an absolute bargain. He's a potent attacking threat from the wing. He loves to cross he love to be incisive in the final third but more importantly from what I've seen he's an intelligent full back.

He reads the game slightly above average than other players in Ligue 1 and he takes advantage. He knows when to defend and stay back or to run up the line and overlap. This has annoyed Toulouse fans a little because they're want constant attacking football but in reality they don't see the value of what he does.

He's a total athlete, strong, fast, bags of energy and stamina with a technique to deliver accurate crosses. He versatility is a key aspect also, he can play anywhere across the front 3, he becomes our 4th CB.

Obviously his stats are slight skewed because of the inferiority of Ligue 1. He's too comfortable in that league imo, he's allowed too much freedom down the right by opposition and so he has a big impact on games.

He has a bit of a discipline problem. He get over hyper on the pitch which lead to him remonstrating with refs alot. That needs to be coached out of him immediately or else he'll struggle in the CL and Prem.

Alain Casanova speaks highly of him, Aurier come across a professional although his public display of affection for Arsenal is quite bad. For Gooners we love it but it doesn't give of the best image to the people around him.

He a quality player, the ideal replacement for Sagna but I would not feel totally comfortable with just Jenks and him alone for RB. They're both still young and I think the pressure for playing for Arsenal will get to them and lead to mistakes as we've seen with Jenks.

Aurier potential link up with Theo is another thing that worries me, He performs much better when they're are technically based players on the wings.

Quality post, well balanced view on his pros and cons. His cons are minor in my opinion, especially given his young age and the fact that if he signs for us we he will be playing alongside Mertesacker who has so much experience & discipline to pass on to him.

One pros you forgot to mention is that he's comfortable filling in a a centre back too. I've watched clips of him on YouTube and he has all the strength, pace, technical ability and footballing brain to adapt to the demands of the Premier League. Perfect long term replacement for Sagna! Hope we sign him instead of Southampton's Callum Chambers who we were linked with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good that Aurier is fast and solid on the attack but how good is he defensively when we're being hammered?
Original post by AR_95
Good that Aurier is fast and solid on the attack but how good is he defensively when we're being hammered?

Tackling is actually one of his best attributes. He's a solid defender who wins one-on-one duels more often than not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95

As long as he's fast I won't be too fussed as the problem is normally our full backs being caught up the pitch. Defensive wise I think he's fine in terms of awareness and tackling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
Tackling is actually one of his best attributes. He's a solid defender who wins one-on-one duels more often than not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, right now the only person who seems to be going for those is Koscielny so I guess it would provide us with more of a direct approach

Original post by Numan786
As long as he's fast I won't be too fussed as the problem is normally our full backs being caught up the pitch. Defensive wise I think he's fine in terms of awareness and tackling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

See above

Also for any world cup related discussions I made an "official" thread : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2689061 :h:
I'm kind of dreaming here, but Yaya Toure would be the best signing bar non for us. Cheeky 40m & 1 pound bid should do the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
I'm kind of dreaming here, but Yaya Toure would be the best signing bar non for us. Cheeky 40m & 1 pound bid should do the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Imagine if we signed Toure/Vela/Remy

It would the invincibles again with Viera/Pirez/Henry again !

:rofl:
Original post by AR_95
Imagine if we signed Toure/Vela/Remy

It would the invincibles again with Viera/Pirez/Henry again !

:rofl:

Remy is no Henry and Vieria is more aggressive than toure I think.
Original post by Setsuna
Remy is no Henry and Vieria is more aggressive than toure I think.

Was not being serious

Latest