The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1/C2 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
What would th overall mark be for A in C1 B in S1 and say U or E in C2??
Original post by BabzY
tbh i think time was enough,LOL i had to redo one question coz i did in radians instead of degrees

I actually had to redo the sector and 2 triangles question because I worked out the wrong angle and used it in the equation, cost me at least 5 minutes
Original post by BabzY
well,thats the only question i found hard,loved the log question though

No worries man :smile: only 5 marks for the whole question
Well I've failed that :/
Original post by Emah
What would th overall mark be for A in C1 B in S1 and say U or E in C2??

an A in the C1 exam will be around 60Raw marks
S1 will be around 63 for An A, 56 for a B
C2 A will be around 61-62, E around 40-45
Original post by XI Ki11JoY IX
Length of line OQ = square root of (6root5 squared + 4 squared), which equals 14, OQ goes across x 11 and up y K, using Pythagoras K = 5root3. Not sure what question 9 part 2 is however, I didn't have time to complete all the questions :frown:

The exams over, and it's the invigilators fault for letting them use mobiles to find this website

You squared 6root5 wrong, you did 6x root5squared getting 30 instead of 180
(edited 9 years ago)
What was the answer to the area of the whole shape?
Well...I think that was my worst exam yet!
Original post by rapunzelsa
You squared 6root5 wrong, you did 6x root5squared getting 30 instead of 189

I also got 5root3
Original post by IntenseTestTakin
All I have to say is what kind of exam board makes on question worth almost 20% of the entire paper?

Followed by callously placing it at the end of a paper.

I did well with most of the paper, had around 45 mins left when I reached question 7, the second part of it tripped me up, I didn't rearrange, how much was it worth?

Solved 8 with little difficulty, then came 9, which wasn't too bad but by the time I had hit 9 I wasn't thinking straight because of how long I had spent on 7, 9 was worth 5 marks in total >.>.

30 mins left, so I take a look at question ten, lol misread, that didn't say 14marks, dw dw, OH SH.. it did.

Stress overwhelms I'm trying to do a 14 mark questions, it's worth three times as much as question 9 lolwtf??

Then they expect me to read a small book about oddly shaped boxes before I begin to answer.

It was not a hard question, I am certain I have 80% of the marks, Trapezium surface area = 9600cm^2 , length y = 320/x^2 just by basic dvision of the surface area, surface area is just adding the area of all 6 sides which is just (9+6+5+4)x y + 60x^2 , then differentiate it to get minium for x, then diff it again to get +ve gradient, making it a minimum
I also got root75 which is the equivalent to 5root3. Did you have to simplyfy?
Original post by dandroff
What was the answer to the area of the whole shape?

I got 38.9, as did a lot of others
Original post by rapunzelsa
You squared 6root5 wrong, you did 6x root5squared getting 30 instead of 189

6root 5 squared = 36 x 5 = 180, It's not 30?
Original post by berkin12
My prediction:
Core 1 - A
Core 2 - U
Statistics - A

I'm guessing I'm retaking core two next year... That's goodbye to medicine school!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing how 1 unit can have such devastating effects on ones future.
That was shocking, cant believe the put 14 marks in the last question!! I was so short for time
Original post by XI Ki11JoY IX
6root 5 squared = 36 x 5 = 180, It's not 30?

yeah that's what I mean, it is 180
Original post by olliethomas
i got 38.9, as did a lot of others

yes thanks to the lord i got thattttttttt!!!!!
Original post by Master722
where's the update? i'm looking at the rules here, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Study_Help_Guidelines

and it doesn't seem to have been updated.

straight from the page

"For Edexcel exams, morning exams may not be discussed until 12 midnight and afternoon exams until 4.30am (UK time)."

Discussion" refers to any comment on the exam that is in progress, ranging from "it went well" to "question 2 on human health and disease was difficult". Anyone found to be breaking this rule on TSR, whether in forum posts, via private messaging or through any other means, will receive a serious warning and risks being banned from the site

From a couple of days ago:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2686937

"It’s really simple: once your exam has finished, you can come onto TSR and talk about the detail of it straight away. Previously, we had a rule in place that prevented you from discussing the specifics of certain exams until a set amount of time had passed. We think TSR can be much more helpful than that, and so that rule has now gone."

But no detailed mark schemes allowed until midnight.
Original post by Master722
where's the update? i'm looking at the rules here, http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Study_Help_Guidelines

and it doesn't seem to have been updated.

straight from the page

"For Edexcel exams, morning exams may not be discussed until 12 midnight and afternoon exams until 4.30am (UK time)."

Discussion" refers to any comment on the exam that is in progress, ranging from "it went well" to "question 2 on human health and disease was difficult". Anyone found to be breaking this rule on TSR, whether in forum posts, via private messaging or through any other means, will receive a serious warning and risks being banned from the site

Original post by denizcan619
Does anyone remember the valus for x for the first part (a) of the cast diagrams question?? I think it was,like 136.8 and like 26.4??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol.... yes internet yes.
Reply 419
Original post by ChordaeTendineae
There was an announcement saying the rules have changed. We can discuss the exam but we can't post model answers until midnight.

I got banned on another thread because I asked someone to explain how to answer a question. So im assuming if u explain how to do any question before midnight/stating answers then u can get banned.

Quick Reply

Latest