The Student Room Group

OCR AS Salters May 23rd Exam Thread 2014

Okay, so is anyone even taking this exam? Is there already a thread for this? Why is a retaker creating this thread?

Egg.

Scroll to see replies

Egg.
I am.
I am sitting this exam. And F332
Original post by pinkgorilla
I am sitting this exam. And F332

Well hello there. I'm a retaker here. Which topics your favourite?
Original post by EggsterminateMe
Well hello there. I'm a retaker here. Which topics your favourite?

Oh right. What did you get first time round ? And do you have any tips ?
Hmm, fav topics, i quite like it all :smile: And are you doing F332 and do you have any tips for that ?
Original post by pinkgorilla
Oh right. What did you get first time round ? And do you have any tips ?
Hmm, fav topics, i quite like it all :smile: And are you doing F332 and do you have any tips for that ?

I'm retaking both. I got two D's because didn't actually pay attention in class. That's my first tip.
Lately I've been doing exam papers and getting A's so that must mean I'm doing something right.

You might no be tested on all of storylines but it is important you understand it all. They do ask questions on them.
By now, you should know the content for both papers or be finishing your revision for them.

Keep practicing exam papers now and if you struggle with calculation questions, then keep practicing them. Oh it's also a good idea to do legacy exam papers - The ones that have been removed because the specification has changed. But it hasn't changed entirely so you should still do some of the questions.
Make sure you mark yourself harshly.
You should know by now that OCR B are really specific with their mark-schemes so memorise the big 6 marker questions.

For F332, it's more organic. Make sure you know the mechanisms and have you guys conjured up some questions that may come up in the exam. It's important you go over all these.

I've attached some exam questions with specific answers that i think you need to include to get the marks
Original post by EggsterminateMe
I'm retaking both. I got two D's because didn't actually pay attention in class. That's my first tip.
Lately I've been doing exam papers and getting A's so that must mean I'm doing something right.

You might no be tested on all of storylines but it is important you understand it all. They do ask questions on them.
By now, you should know the content for both papers or be finishing your revision for them.

Keep practicing exam papers now and if you struggle with calculation questions, then keep practicing them. Oh it's also a good idea to do legacy exam papers - The ones that have been removed because the specification has changed. But it hasn't changed entirely so you should still do some of the questions.
Make sure you mark yourself harshly.
You should know by now that OCR B are really specific with their mark-schemes so memorise the big 6 marker questions.

For F332, it's more organic. Make sure you know the mechanisms and have you guys conjured up some questions that may come up in the exam. It's important you go over all these.

I've attached some exam questions with specific answers that i think you need to include to get the marks

Thank you so much for all your advice. I really hope you do well. :biggrin:
And thanks again.
bumper cars
Both exams are very mark-scheme specific, which is annoying.

Got a feeling stuff on group 2 will come up. Maybe something on the patterns of them (e.g solubility of group 2s, rate of thermal decompositon)
Does anyone have the f331/f332 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sycopation
Both exams are very mark-scheme specific, which is annoying.

Got a feeling stuff on group 2 will come up. Maybe something on the patterns of them (e.g solubility of group 2s, rate of thermal decompositon)

That came up last year. Not sure if it will come this time. Got full marks on that question tho :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exams are so markscheme specific it's not even chemistry
Yup it's not much about applying.
​Any Predictions on what will come up?
Original post by TheSprintKing
​Any Predictions on what will come up?

I have a feeling nuclear fusion and fission will make a visit
(edited 9 years ago)
What will come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope this exam isn't anything like the physics one I did on Tuesday otherwise I will have to resit the year, fingers crossed :s-smilie:
I hate the fact my stupid college does Salters :frown:
I've been revising since Easter half term but the info just doesn't seem to stick ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Electrode
If your doing chemistry at uni then its good for you. Otherwise I do feel sorry for you. Especially since you have the horrific a2 coursework to look forward to

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm glad you have told me! :frown:

Quick Reply