The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1/C2 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Oh damn. Ok thanks anyway- I guess ive lost that mark then.
for the garden question for working out the right angle did u do SOH CAH TOA
Did anybody else get k to be equal to errr... something like 5 root 6? A surd of some form by using two triangles and Pythagoras ?
Peeps, Grade Boundary Predictions?
I think 60+ is an A because
1. There were no January Exams this year, meaning the grades have to be lower as they have to give out so many A's and no-resits
2. Compared to past papers,personally, some questions were not standard questions, meaning people will find them more difficult to do. Examples such as finding K in the Circle Theorem and finding out what X is in the power questions where you have to do LOGS
3. This arguably is similar in difficulty to the Jan 2010 paper, 54/60 would be the minimum for an A for that test
4. The responses in the Forums I think show it was tough (ignoring trolls)

So yeah, I'd say 60+ for an A definitely, 56+ maybe?
Original post by rapunzelsa
You squared 6root5 wrong, you did 6x root5squared getting 30 instead of 180

K was root(55)
what was your answer for area for question 5 .. and btw paper was good an not hard :biggrin:
Reply 466
Original post by El-Presidente
Did anybody else get k to be equal to errr... something like 5 root 6? A surd of some form by using two triangles and Pythagoras ?

Got 5 root 3
Original post by Rohan97
56-57 for an a

You mean it :colondollar:
what was you answer for area i question no. 5 ? and btw paper was good :biggrin:
Original post by saadajmal
what was your answer for area for question 5 .. and btw paper was good an not hard :biggrin:

I got 38.5 how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by at12345
Got 5 root 3
Yeah I just redid the question on some A4 paper I could vaguely remember what it was lol, it was 5 root 3 indeed. Thanks!
Original post by Jkizer
I dont think it was majorly hard compared to past papers like C3 '13 but i suppose the boundaries won't be massively different between this and last years.

Maybe 60/61 for an A ?

How much for a b?
Original post by Snappingbee
I got 38.5 how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

how you got that? what was you angle for the b part :s-smilie:
Original post by saadajmal
what was you answer for area i question no. 5 ? and btw paper was good :biggrin:

I got 38.9
Original post by IntenseTestTakin
How much for a b?

Assuming 60 ish for an A, then i imagine something like the 53 mark for a B grade.
Original post by El-Presidente
Yeah I just redid the question on some A4 paper I could vaguely remember what it was lol, it was 5 root 3 indeed. Thanks!

It wasn't. it was root55
I wish students could haggle with edexcel,

Edexcel: I'll give you an "A" for 65

Student: No way, are you crazy? That A isn't worth more than 52.

Edexcel: Alright you drive a hard bargain, 15+ for an A

Student: Huh....man I suck at math.
Does anyone remember the valus for x for the first part (a) of the cast diagrams question?? I think it was,like 136.8 and like 26.4??
Original post by ahanson95
I got 38.9

lol I wasted ages doing that because I forgot all the radian calculations so I ended up doing it over like 3 pages. I either got 39.9 or 34.9. Hopefully if I got the latter I will get almost all the marks, if I got the first, great! Spent like 15 minutes on it ;-;.
Considering i got 64 UMS in last years C2 exam, at least i can say i feel i have done considerably better.

Quick Reply

Latest