The Student Room Group

EE (Everything everywhere) Induction.

Hi Everyone, I am writing this article to help others that have an EE induction as I found it hard to find any information before I went to my induction.

So once you have been told you have the job at EE, you will have to go on a 3 day induction in one of the training places called "houses".
I went to the Solihul House, near Birmingham. EE organize and pay for your travel on train or planes and if your driving keep your receipt and you will be able to claim this back when you go into your store.
Another thing, you will be going to Birmingham International Train station and you can get a taxi from there to the EE office. It will be less than £10 and YOU have to pay this, but you can claim this back when you get to your store. Or there is a bus from the train station to the EE office that drops off right outside, but I would recommend getting a Taxi as the taxi's often drop EE induction guys off there. You will be expect to be at the EE office for 11:50am to start at 12 noon.

EE also put you up in a hotel which is paid for by them. In Birmingham it is the Ramada Hotel which is lovely and have nice rooms and good food. Your evening meal you get £15 to spend on your meal from EE, but if you want to spend £19 you have to pay the £4 yourself. They have a menu of starters mini dishes, mains, deserts and drinks. It is not a carvery or self serve but the meals are hearty and delicious. Breakfast is included in your stay and it is help yourself with full English items to fruit and continental. Dinner is 7pm-10pm and breakfast is from 7am.

When you arrive at the EE office, you will meet your trainers, who are lovely and really put you at ease. You'll start by getting to know everyone, which is fun. If you put the effort in to being happy and make friends, it will be so much easier in 3 days and you'll get more from it joining in and having a laugh with everybody. You'll start learning the EE way and hopefully you will enjoy it. You will finish at 5pm and EE pay for the taxi from the office to the hotel, which is just 10/15 minutes away from the office.

The second day the Taxi will pick you up from the hotel at 8:30 so you start at EE at 9am and have a mini 15/20 minute break in the morning. 30-40 minute lunch and another 15/20 minute break in the afternoon. Again you will finish at 5pm and be picked up from EE and taxi will take you to the hotel, paid for by EE.

Third day is pretty much the same,you take your luggage with you from the hotel back to EE office. You will be given the "Knowledge test" just a quick test to see what you've learnt it honestly nothing to worry about, as long as you listen and understand the EE way. You should finish for 4pm and you will get a taxi back to the International Train station which YOU will have to pay for, but you can claim this back when your at your store.

I hope this helped anyone going to an EE induction. Dont worry about it at all it is all fine!
Reply 1
What sorts of things do they have you doing throughout the three days?
Reply 2
Hi thanks for your advice it's given a lot of help
I wanted to know if you had to shate the room with any1else
How many days would a 25 hour a week contract be roughly? I'm hoping to juggle asda and EE at the same damn time ...
Reply 4
Original post by amber.marsay
Hi Everyone, I am writing this article to help others that have an EE induction as I found it hard to find any information before I went to my induction.

So once you have been told you have the job at EE, you will have to go on a 3 day induction in one of the training places called "houses".
I went to the Solihul House, near Birmingham. EE organize and pay for your travel on train or planes and if your driving keep your receipt and you will be able to claim this back when you go into your store.
Another thing, you will be going to Birmingham International Train station and you can get a taxi from there to the EE office. It will be less than £10 and YOU have to pay this, but you can claim this back when you get to your store. Or there is a bus from the train station to the EE office that drops off right outside, but I would recommend getting a Taxi as the taxi's often drop EE induction guys off there. You will be expect to be at the EE office for 11:50am to start at 12 noon.

EE also put you up in a hotel which is paid for by them. In Birmingham it is the Ramada Hotel which is lovely and have nice rooms and good food. Your evening meal you get £15 to spend on your meal from EE, but if you want to spend £19 you have to pay the £4 yourself. They have a menu of starters mini dishes, mains, deserts and drinks. It is not a carvery or self serve but the meals are hearty and delicious. Breakfast is included in your stay and it is help yourself with full English items to fruit and continental. Dinner is 7pm-10pm and breakfast is from 7am.

When you arrive at the EE office, you will meet your trainers, who are lovely and really put you at ease. You'll start by getting to know everyone, which is fun. If you put the effort in to being happy and make friends, it will be so much easier in 3 days and you'll get more from it joining in and having a laugh with everybody. You'll start learning the EE way and hopefully you will enjoy it. You will finish at 5pm and EE pay for the taxi from the office to the hotel, which is just 10/15 minutes away from the office.

The second day the Taxi will pick you up from the hotel at 8:30 so you start at EE at 9am and have a mini 15/20 minute break in the morning. 30-40 minute lunch and another 15/20 minute break in the afternoon. Again you will finish at 5pm and be picked up from EE and taxi will take you to the hotel, paid for by EE.

Third day is pretty much the same,you take your luggage with you from the hotel back to EE office. You will be given the "Knowledge test" just a quick test to see what you've learnt it honestly nothing to worry about, as long as you listen and understand the EE way. You should finish for 4pm and you will get a taxi back to the International Train station which YOU will have to pay for, but you can claim this back when your at your store.

I hope this helped anyone going to an EE induction. Dont worry about it at all it is all fine!

hi, on the first day you go straight to the ee centre or do you have to go to your hotel and leave your belongings and then go the ee centre
Reply 5
Is it possible to take someone down to Birmingham with you for the three days? It’s a long way to go for me that’s all. As in they’d pay for their own ways and everything. Just for someone to travel with you etc and they’d go do their own thing when they’re there.
Reply 6
Was you able to take anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending