For question 9
not sure
For question 10
a) surface area 2880 cm^2
b) >360 so minimum

Scroll to see replies

>360 does not need to be calculated.

mark scheme from june 2012

Complete method, usually one of the three listed in the scheme. For first method A x ′′( ) must be
attempted and sign considered
A1: Clear statements and conclusion. (numerical substitution of x is not necessary in first method shown, and x
or calculation could be wrong but A x ′′( ) must be correct .
Reply 2
for question 8c, i got 39.2 because i kept on rounding the numbers as i went along and for the angle, i got 0.799 because they said to place it in 3 significant figures
what was question 4 and 6 about?
Arsey where are you
Reply 5
Original post by Oceann
For question 1
b) (2x-1)(x-2)

Isn't it (x-2)(2x-1)(x-2)
or (x-2)^2 (2x-1)?

You divide it by x-2, and then factorise that to get (x-2)(2x-1).

I don't know if I'm right, but judging from your answer to Q9, neither do you.
you are missing 2tanx - 3sinx, this is one of the later questions, so one of the questions on your list may have been misplaced.
what about the question y=3^x
Reply 8
it does need to be calculated cause thats how you gain 2 marks. you cant write any number and it wasnt 360 it was 240 sorry.
Reply 9
"· Marking schemes
Are you taking an Edexcel or IB exam? If so, please wait until the morning after your exam before posting a detailed marking scheme."
Reply 10
3^x.jpgY=3^x
Reply 11
Original post by Sigalov
Isn't it (x-2)(2x-1)(x-2)
or (x-2)^2 (2x-1)?

You divide it by x-2, and then factorise that to get (x-2)(2x-1).

I don't know if I'm right, but judging from your answer to Q9, neither do you.

I got (x-2)(x-2)(2x-1)
Reply 12
Original post by Oceann
it does need to be calculated cause thats how you gain 2 marks. you cant write any number and it wasnt 360 it was 240 sorry.

It was 360...

But yeah. You need to show how you would work out the answer. You can't just use your calculator.

I don't remember y = 3x being a question. I know there was one where you can use " let y = 3x " as a method to solve for x, but that wasn't the question by itself.

y = 3x
log(y) = log(3x)
log(y) = xlog(3)
Therefore, x = log(y)/log(3)... whatever log(y) was.
Reply 13
Original post by Sigalov
It was 360...

But yeah. You need to show how you would work out the answer. You can't just use your calculator.

I don't remember y = 3x being a question. I know there was one where you can use " let y = 3x " as a method to solve for x, but that wasn't the question by itself.

y = 3x
log(y) = log(3x)
log(y) = xlog(3)
Therefore, x = log(y)/log(3)... whatever log(y) was.

you didnt have to solve y=3^x, you had to sketch it. The answer is above.
For that area of sector question which consist of 8 marks I forgot to include the radins in b part.(2 marks) In c part I couldn't complete but wrote the method like plus the sector the triangle and sinC(5marks). For the trig graph I forgot to write the solutions but drew the graph and included cos=2/3. (5marks) For the log question I made a mistake in the equation which resulted my answer getting wrong.(5 marks)

How many marks will I lose!!!!!
Original post by John cena yesyes
For that area of sector question which consist of 8 marks I forgot to include the radins in b part.(2 marks) In c part I couldn't complete but wrote the method like plus the sector the triangle and sinC(5marks). For the trig graph I forgot to write the solutions but drew the graph and included cos=2/3. (5marks) For the log question I made a mistake in the equation which resulted my answer getting wrong.(5 marks)

How many marks will I lose!!!!!

75 bro
Original post by MrDonIlyas
75 bro

??????????
For the integration question i done everything right but i got my number as a negative because i did 1 - root3, how many marks will i lose for that?
Reply 18
Original post by John cena yesyes
??????????

That was blatant sarcasm.

Original post by kidder007
For the integration question i done everything right but i got my number as a negative because i did 1 - root3, how many marks will i lose for that?

If you got the right answer, but negative, I can't see you losing more than 2 marks. Areas cannot be negative as they are scalar quantities, so if you get a negative area, just multiply it by -1 to make it positive. You may lose a method/accuracy mark for continuing incorrectly, followed by the loss of the A1 mark. But I wouldn't worry about that too much.
Looks like I only got the k question wrong, don't know how I got k=7root2 smhsmh
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest