The Student Room Group

AQA AS History HIS2N - Anti Semitism, Hitler and the German People 22nd May

Anyone got any last minute tips? Anything you think might come up? I need to do well on this one, did awfully on unit one... :frown:

Scroll to see replies

First of all. I think we've all learnt (from those who did Tsarist Russia) that AQA is trying to come up with the most original questions they can this year. So DO NOT go into the exam thinking you know what the question will be. It is the worst idea. However, I will tell you that the holocaust and asocials haven't been a question for a non-source question for a VERY long time. But that could be a question for next year not this year- you never know.

top tips?
- stick to the question, NEVER wander off the point
- find interrelationships between points
- revise EVERYTHING
- Make sure you include statistics
- Make a valid and balanced argument
- In your conclusion, if you disagree with the statement made in the 24 marker, state the factor you think was the reason.

you probably knew that already though...
Reply 2
How long do you guys spend on 12 and 24 mark question? And how long do you spend on source 12 and 24 mark questions? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J56
How long do you guys spend on 12 24 mark question? And how long do you spend on source 12 and 24 mark questions? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

12 marks=12minutes
24 marks= 24minutes

+ 5 minutes for each source questio
Reply 4
Can anyone give me quick revision tips i have no idea where to start when it comes to revising history
Original post by ems123456
Can anyone give me quick revision tips i have no idea where to start when it comes to revising history

go through old past papers and mark schemes. The mark schemes always have suggested content which is helpful to look a
Original post by MaryKingcott
First of all. I think we've all learnt (from those who did Tsarist Russia) that AQA is trying to come up with the most original questions they can this year. So DO NOT go into the exam thinking you know what the question will be. It is the worst idea. However, I will tell you that the holocaust and asocials haven't been a question for a non-source question for a VERY long time. But that could be a question for next year not this year- you never know.

top tips?
- stick to the question, NEVER wander off the point
- find interrelationships between points
- revise EVERYTHING
- Make sure you include statistics
- Make a valid and balanced argument
- In your conclusion, if you disagree with the statement made in the 24 marker, state the factor you think was the reason.

you probably knew that already though...

I agree with these points and also try counter argue or as they say play the devil's advocate by stating the opposing point then demolishing it with your point..

About Tsarist Russia.... I did every past paper and the 12 markers still threw off completely!!! How more specific could they get! gosh it started off my exams with a shock
Reply 7
Yeah I really messed up the Tsarist Russia exam... I figure I'm more comfortable with this one - I've done A LOT of Nazi Germany, a lot of the content isn't new to me.

If they are trying to come up with horrible, original questions then I think I can rule out there being a question about Jews in Weimar, assimilation etc? That seems to have come up a lot in the past.

I'm just gonna spend all morning blasting through everything and try to remember as many stats as I can :P
Reply 8
Good luck everyone!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1 hour to go!!
Reply 10
1 hour to go!!

2 for me, exams in my college are at 2pm :P
Reply 11
Off to sit the exam soon! Talk after the exams on how everyone felt the paper was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Good luck everyone! You'll all finish before me, I'm sure you'll all do great :biggrin:
Original post by erinzo
Good luck everyone! You'll all finish before me, I'm sure you'll all do great :biggrin:

Good Luck guys :smile:
Reply 14
So! How did you guys find it?

I found it WAY better than Tsarist Russia at least... I had trouble referring to the sources in the 24 mark??? I never mentioned source A at all :s-smilie: and I forgot about Goering and the 4 year plan... I only mentioned Goebbels when talking about influential individuals.
I talked about grass roots and Hindenburg as well - as not individuals? As well as Hitler's own ideology - that he wouldn't do it if it didn't fit with what he ultimately wanted?

Which optional question did you guys do? I did question 3 :smile:
Original post by erinzo
So! How did you guys find it?

I found it WAY better than Tsarist Russia at least... I had trouble referring to the sources in the 24 mark??? I never mentioned source A at all :s-smilie: and I forgot about Goering and the 4 year plan... I only mentioned Goebbels when talking about influential individuals.
I talked about grass roots and Hindenburg as well - as not individuals? As well as Hitler's own ideology - that he wouldn't do it if it didn't fit with what he ultimately wanted?

Which optional question did you guys do? I did question 3 :smile:

Thorin II Oakenshield, son of Thrain, son of Thror, King Under The Mountain! I did question 2 but I think it was a horrific idea.
Source question was good! But I wish that time period was a non source as I knew it better ::frown:(
LOVED the Euthanasia question so much! Definitely better than Tsarist Russia!
literally think that was the worst paper, the non-source questions were alright, but did anyone else find that the sources were quite vague and difficult to link into the 24 mark, the 24 mark was worded really weirdly as well as the book barely mentions influential figures in that time period, i talked about how it was predominantly because of ideology and then the death of hindenburg but I've messed up the 24 mark so bad, started talking about emigration and just ugh, hopes of getting an A are completely gone now :frown: how did everyone else find it?
Reply 18
Original post by Annageddes520
Thorin II Oakenshield, son of Thrain, son of Thror, King Under The Mountain! I did question 2 but I think it was a horrific idea.
Source question was good! But I wish that time period was a non source as I knew it better ::frown:(

Oh my god, anna! For a moment I had no clue who this was and I was wondering why some random TSR user was calling me thorin oakenshield :P

Ha yeah I didn't really like the look of question two :P glad I didn't do that one

Oh my god those years were like. Missing from my mind. I couldn't think of anything that wasn't already mentioned in the sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
LOVED the Euthanasia question so much! Definitely better than Tsarist Russia!

Yes it was a good question!

I talked about social Darwinism and the need to become a perfect nation by removing disability, mental illness etc from the gene pool. And the fact that they were using up resources and not putting anything back in because they couldn't work. And about like. Kinda testing a systemised way of killing??? Testing it out under the guise of mercy killings before taking those ideas for the mass killings of Jews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending