The Student Room Group

Ocr geography key themes 50% exam

Hey guys, how did you find it?
I thought it was a lovely exam! Wasn't too sure about the camera question, why that was in there I'll never know (only 1 mark) but I thought it was great and for the Case Studies I used Stratford, Boscastle and Nike :smile:
I don't think it could have been a nicer exam, what do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What questions didn't you like?
That sounds reasonable enough considering it's out of 99, aha :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaNick
um... i didnt dislike them.. its just that usually in exams i can tell if i got full marks on a question, and now with some like the erosion questions, waterfall, etc im genuinely not sure.

I agree with you, but OCR are pretty good with their mark schemes and I wrote a lot more than what marks were worth for quite a few of them to cover my back and so it should be okay :smile:
How did you do in your CA?
Reply 3
i don't know, our school didnt tell us, but i reckon it was at least an A>...

Oh, that sucks! I'm sure you will have! You seem like an intellectual guy! :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah I'm just super worried about History Paper 2 tomorrow... that exam is so difficult. That's why I'm talking really weirdly right now :s-smilie:

Oh no, I don't take History, I opted for Art and Textiles instead, aha :smile:
I know a lot of my friends are worried about it but as long as you put the work in and do your best there isn't much more you can do!
I reckon i got around 90/99 lol just leaving space for silly mistakes... hopefully its not tooooo high for an A*
Reply 6
Original post by Angelo12231
I reckon i got around 90/99 lol just leaving space for silly mistakes... hopefully its not tooooo high for an A*

Not at all! Last year it was like 82 I think! We can only hope, haha, but that has most definitely been the best exam so far!!! :smile:
Reply 7
yeah didn't find that too hard found rivers and coast difficult but other then that i think i did fine fingers crossed :smile: Also for case studies i did nike, London Olympic park, boscastle flood i didn't get the camera one or the grid reference so a bit annoyed about that as well also thought that the rivers was basically repeated in all the questions where u just had to talk about the erosion process aha
Reply 8
Original post by rohan taneja
yeah didn't find that too hard found rivers and coast difficult but other then that i think i did fine fingers crossed :smile: Also for case studies i did nike, London Olympic park, boscastle flood i didn't get the camera one or the grid reference so a bit annoyed about that as well also thought that the rivers was basically repeated in all the questions where u just had to talk about the erosion process aha

We did the same case studies, haha!! At least that gives me confidence x)
Yeah, I just talked about abrasion and attrition in the waterfall question and about abrasion and hydraulic action in the Coastline question about the bay, as well as how both of them are formed and the processes; I liked the River questions, but we did a lot on Rivers in class! It sounds like you've done really well! Don't fret! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Byng
Not at all! Last year it was like 82 I think! We can only hope, haha, but that has most definitely been the best exam so far!!! :smile:

loool yh but not really.. it had some challenging questions. You would have only done well if you revised for rivers and coasts section. My best was english Lit A*************
Reply 10
loool yh but not really.. it had some challenging questions. You would have only done well if you revised for rivers and coasts section. My best was english Lit A*************

I did like English Lit I wanted To His Coy Mistress though :frown:
I made sure I focused a lot on Rivers and Coasts!
Are you taking Geography A Level? :smile:
Original post by Byng
I did like English Lit I wanted To His Coy Mistress though :frown:
I made sure I focused a lot on Rivers and Coasts!
Are you taking Geography A Level? :smile:

eography A level? HELL NO X_X demon subject... i barley like it at GCSE but others find it interesting :smile:
Reply 12
eography A level? HELL NO X_X demon subject... i barley like it at GCSE but others find it interesting :smile:

Wow, you think? I love it, haha! What are you taking? :smile:
Reply 13
I thought it was fairly good, some questions which needed extra thinking time but managed to finish the paper which worked out ok :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by ghlgb
I thought it was fairly good, some questions which needed extra thinking time but managed to finish the paper which worked out ok :biggrin:

I agree! I took each question slowly and made sure I read it properly and just finished with a second to spare and literally, haha! :smile:
Original post by Byng
Wow, you think? I love it, haha! What are you taking? :smile:

haha, im taking maths chemistry biology and philosophy(because its easy)

wbu?
second case study i didnt revise for, spag marks for me lol
The geography exam was good even though I was expecting to have the 3 sections with 2 parts each to chose from. For the case studies, I did river valency, Boscastle, Greenwich millennium village, and Wal-Mart, USA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
haha, im taking maths chemistry biology and philosophy(because its easy)

wbu?

Oh wow, aha, I'm taking Geography, Fine Art and English Lit and Language, aha :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by CameronE
The geography exam was good even though I was expecting to have the 3 sections with 2 parts each to chose from. For the case studies, I did river valency, Boscastle, Greenwich millennium village, and Wal-Mart, USA.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't your teacher tell you that the specification has changed at that there would be joint sections of 3 you had to answer? ...

Quick Reply

Latest