The Student Room Group

AQA Law - Friday 23rd June 2014 Unit 1 Exam

Hey guys I haven't seen a thread for the AQA Law exams, so just wanted to see what you guys think will come up as a question.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hopefully it is something related to Law otherwise i'm buggered.
Reply 2
Depends what you are doing. I am doing parliamentary law making, delegated legislation and criminal courts and lay people. the usual questions are to describe a type of area in your topic e.g. "Discuss one influence on parliament" or "what is the role of a juror". There will always be an advantages or/and disadvantages or your topic as well.
Hey all,
Sitting this paper tomorrow,although there really is a limited amount of questions they can ask, ordering all the information is rather tricky for me- does anyone have any resources which might help?
Reply 4
Im doing lay people, judicial precedent and delegated legislation.. I have models answers, if anyone needs them pm me:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by smiah1
Hey guys I haven't seen a thread for the AQA Law exams, so just wanted to see what you guys think will come up as a question.

Look at previous exam papers, theres always similiar type of questions that are asked! Also, every three years the examiners have to ask the whole syllabus so that may help to predict the questions
I'm doing parliamentary law making,delegated legislation and lay people anyone got some model answers for parliamentary law making
Original post by umieee
Im doing lay people, judicial precedent and delegated legislation.. I have models answers, if anyone needs them pm me:smile:

What is the role of the lay magistrates??
Original post by Matty campo
I'm doing parliamentary law making,delegated legislation and lay people anyone got some model answers for parliamentary law making

Do you know what the role of lay magistrates is??
Original post by smiah1

My predictions plm:
ps
plm procedure
advantages
dl:
by laws or orders in council
parliamentary controls
disadvantages
ccandlp:
how do mags qualify
role of jurors
disadvantages and advantages
(edited 9 years ago)
can anybody help me with Alternative dispute resolutions? Particularly Arbitration :smile:
Original post by Justabi96
can anybody help me with Alternative dispute resolutions? Particularly Arbitration :smile:

Sure, where do you want me to start? :smile:
Well if I got a question on particularly arbitration, what would I include? Arbitrator, Consumer/Commercial etc?
Anyone got any model answers for parliamentary law making?
Well if I got a question on particularly arbitration, what would I include? Arbitrator, Consumer/Commercial etc?

If you have a question on arbitration you will want to include;
What is arbitration?
Mention the Scott and avery Clause
Mention the fact that when there is an agreement on arbitration, the court will refuse to deal with it, unless there is serious irregularity.
it's becoming popular in commerical cases
you could mention the award
arbitration hearing (paper arbitration)

Hope I helped!
Original post by candyfloss_1
If you have a question on arbitration you will want to include;
What is arbitration?
Mention the Scott and avery Clause
Mention the fact that when there is an agreement on arbitration, the court will refuse to deal with it, unless there is serious irregularity.
it's becoming popular in commerical cases
you could mention the award
arbitration hearing (paper arbitration)

Hope I helped!

Thankyou so much! I'm so nervous for the exam tomorrow :frown:
Thankyou so much! I'm so nervous for the exam tomorrow :frown:

same, how are you revising?

I am writing out 10 mark answers
my biggest issue is time as I struggle to finish
Can someone show me a link to some parliamentary law making model answers please

I have flash cards for cases, and the rest I'm just reading notes. I'm not very good with revision :')

Quick Reply

Latest