The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AR_95
Think Aguero > Suarez

Ramsey > Fabregas

Brb hiding before I get sniped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with Aguero > Suarez. I saw some stats a while ago, Suarez had way more shots than Aguero, his shooting accuracy was something like 13% while Aguero's was 20% (might not be exact but it was similar)

Ramsey > Fabregas not yet, if he plays like he did for the first few months of this season consistently then yeah definitely
Original post by jam278
Despite Sturridge having the best goal to minutes ratio of any liverpool player in history?
Despite Sturridge being the direct correlation between a Liverpool side a few points above the relegation zone shooting up to 2nd in the table in the space of 18 months?
Despite Sturridge vastly outscoring RVP this season despite being injured for 2 months and also playing injured near the end of the season and also being taken off near the end of matches?

Yeah Sturridge is clearly better than RVP.
Last season I'd say RVP was the best player in the league and not Bale.

RVP is better than Sturridge. You're just dropping in random unrelated stats, why don't you drop in minutes to goals over the last season, why don't you factor in vP playing for a **** team, factor in vP's all round game etc.

Sturridge is one of my favourite players and he's definitely in the same league as van Persie but right now I wouldn't say he's better. Equal standing possibly, definitely not better. van Persie is a proven international thoroughbred, to use a Guardian term, and Sturridge is not there yet.
Original post by Setsuna
Apprenently we have a buy-back clause for Fabregas. But I just don't see how he'll fit into the midfield, or is Wenger going to play him as a false 9?

**** that false 9 bs, it may suit Spain and Barca but it won't suit our system. We need an out and out striker!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doppelgänger
**** that false 9 bs, it may suit Spain and Barca but it won't suit our system. We need an out and out striker!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thought Rooney fitted quite well as a false 9

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by manchesterunited15
Irrelevant since RVP has never played for Liverpool.

I'm sure it's nothing to do with Suarez becoming one of the best players in the world, Henderson improving massively, Gerrard improving in the deeper role, several other new signings and the team adapting more and more to Rodgers' tactics.

Also, Liverpool were seventh when Sturridge joined, 15 points above the relegation zone.

Playing in a superior team is a big reason for that.

RVP did both of those things to a greater extent.

Lul at the first bit, just saying how much of an influence Sturridge has clearly had for Liverpool.

In fact when Sturridge joined they were 8th and 13 points off relegation. I was thinking of the season under Hodgson. But they were doing pretty **** before he joined, they picked up around 31 points at the point where he joined after 21 games and ended up with 61 points, so got 30 points in 17 games. So there was a clear improvement in the team after he joined.

Lol at playing in a superior team. Considering last season you were talking about how teams will catch up to United

RVP didn't get taken off after almost every match, like what was happening to Sturridge after he was injured.
Original post by Slow Jamz
RVP is better than Sturridge. You're just dropping in random unrelated stats, why don't you drop in minutes to goals over the last season, why don't you factor in vP playing for a **** team, factor in vP's all round game etc.

Sturridge is one of my favourite players and he's definitely in the same league as van Persie but right now I wouldn't say he's better. Equal standing possibly, definitely not better. van Persie is a proven international thoroughbred, to use a Guardian term, and Sturridge is not there yet.

So essentially you're saying that RVP is a bigger name, Sturridge hasn't made enough of a name for himself so you use the ****ter team excuse. Suarez played for a ****ter team and I was saying that RVP did better than Suarez last season.

RVP's all round game is ok but nothing amazing. He can hold up the ball when need be and act as a reference point while helping people get forward and his passing is better than Sturridges, but Sturridge's link up play is very underrated and like with Sterling, you see him often making 30-40 yard passes with ease.

RVP is proven international and Sturridge isn't because Hodgson is an idiot, even now he knows that Sturridge is probably a better option than Rooney but he plays him out wide to fit Rooney in a ****ty system, or he plays 4-4-2. Lets not even mention having no goals downing, then having Carroll and Welbeck in the euro 2012 squad. If you have an idiot managing the national team you can't be complaining about Sturridge's lack of international experience.

Maybe we need to see both players have injury free seasons to actually compare who is better. But on the basis of last season, it's clear who had the better season.
Inb4 did not read
Original post by jam278
Lul at the first bit, just saying how much of an influence Sturridge has clearly had for Liverpool.

In fact when Sturridge joined they were 8th and 13 points off relegation. I was thinking of the season under Hodgson. But they were doing pretty **** before he joined, they picked up around 31 points at the point where he joined after 21 games and ended up with 61 points, so got 30 points in 17 games. So there was a clear improvement in the team after he joined.

Lol at playing in a superior team. Considering last season you were talking about how teams will catch up to United

RVP didn't get taken off after almost every match, like what was happening to Sturridge after he was injured.

RVP has also had a massive influence for United

Of course they were a superior team this season, that's not even up for debate...

RVP was injured more was basically my point, and so he played less

Even SUG agrees with me...
Original post by jam278
But on the basis of last season, it's clear who had the better season.

And on the basis of the one before that, it's clear who had the better season.
RVP has also had a massive influence for United

Of course they were a superior team this season, that's not even up for debate...

RVP was injured more was basically my point, and so he played less

Even SUG agrees with me...

When did I say he didn't. Or are you trying to put words into my mouth and make assumptions?

So last season when they were less superior, I was still saying RVP was doing better than Suarez

RVP was injured yes that's true. So is Diaby better than Ramsey and Yaya toure then? When he's available he plays amazing for Arsenal right?

Who gives a **** what SUG thinks too.
And on the basis of the one before that, it's clear who had the better season.

And what does that have to do with my point?

When did I say that RVP didn't have a better season than sturridge 2 years ago?

Plus anyway Sturridge got 11 goals in 15 appearances for Liverpool and wasn't playing for Chelsea. Could use the exact same argument you're using with RVP this season wrt him being injured.

In fact I'm tired of this, I'm off to get some Chinese food.
Agree with Aguero > Suarez. I saw some stats a while ago, Suarez had way more shots than Aguero, his shooting accuracy was something like 13% while Aguero's was 20% (might not be exact but it was similar)

Ramsey > Fabregas not yet, if he plays like he did for the first few months of this season consistently then yeah definitely

But Suarez plays in a clearly weaker team than Aguero? Maybe because he's not in as many goalscoring situations as Aguero due to having players like Sterling/Coutinho instead of Nasri/Silva/Navas he takes more shots from awkward angles.
The Aguero Negredo partnership was so good until they both got injured.
Would have been better than SAS IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
The Aguero Negredo partnership was so good until they both got injured.
Would have been better than SAS IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are better than SAS. They got injured but when they're fit they're better than them right?
Original post by jam278
When did I say he didn't. Or are you trying to put words into my mouth and make assumptions?

So last season when they were less superior, I was still saying RVP was doing better than Suarez

RVP was injured yes that's true. So is Diaby better than Ramsey and Yaya toure then? When he's available he plays amazing for Arsenal right?

Who gives a **** what SUG thinks too.

Lol slightly hypocritical given you just tried to put words in my mouth. I wasn't doing that, I was just countering your point about Sturridge with one about RVP, given, you know, that's what we're talking about.

You brought up injuries... I just pointed out that RVP was injured more than Sturridge so if that's a valid point to make about Sturridge then it can be made to a greater extent about RVP.

Well he's a Liverpool fan so it's relevant.

Original post by jam278
And what does that have to do with my point?

When did I say that RVP didn't have a better season than sturridge 2 years ago?

Plus anyway Sturridge got 11 goals in 15 appearances for Liverpool and wasn't playing for Chelsea. Could use the exact same argument you're using with RVP this season wrt him being injured.

In fact I'm tired of this, I'm off to get some Chinese food.

How are you even asking that question, it has something to do with your point because it's exactly the same point that can be made about RVP as about Sturridge.
Original post by jam278
They are better than SAS. They got injured but when they're fit they're better than them right?

Yeah I think they would have out scored them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AR_95
Yeah I think they would have out scored them

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true. We may as well say that they're the better partnership then.
Original post by jam278
That's true. We may as well say that they're the better partnership then.

Not sure if sarcasm

Obviously the SAS is better this season, I was merely contemplating what could have been

Posted from TSR Mobile
We havent actually seen Giroud/Walcott this season at all really. If Giroud can play at the level he did in August-Jan, then you could see them doing really well tbf
If there is any player we should be looking to buy from Barca, it's Pedro.

I don't understand this obsession everyone has with Cesc. The ship has sailed. He is not the same player that left Arsenal and most of all we don't need him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest