The Student Room Group

Edexcel B GCSE Geography - Unit 2 - 22nd May 2014

Now that the exam is over...how did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
loved it all tbh, so much better than unit 1

bit miffed about the globalisation question, i forgot he World Trade Organisation, only wrote about world bank and IMF, but not the end of the world
(edited 9 years ago)
Did anyone answer the 8 marker on urbanisation? What did you write??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I loved it! I found it much better than the physical geography paper!
However almost EVERYONE I spoke to after said they found it hard so I'm sure if anyone is worried about how they did, the grade boundaries may be in your favour!
The only question that caught me off guard was the 8 marker concerning economic activities in mega cities in developing and developed countries, what did people write for this?
Reply 4
I failed it
Reply 5
I wrote about informal and formal economies, call centres etc
I also put in some stuff about tertiary/quaternary sector incomes
Reply 6
The paper was amazing, so pleased with it.

For the last one I wrote about informal economy in Mumbai. Finance in London and TNCs. Manufacturing in developing world and more secondary sector jobs. And stuff like that!
Reply 7
Original post by ICB

bit miffed about the globalisation question, i forgot he World Trade Organisation, only wrote about world bank and IMF, but not the end of the world

Same- such a nice paper after Unit 1. Oooh, on that question I did a similar thing. I couldn't think of much to write about, despite mentioning WTO. I put down IMF, but couldn't remember what it meant. It was 6 marks, but I'm sure we both picked up a couple of those :smile:.
Reply 8
Original post by Random20
The paper was amazing, so pleased with it.

For the last one I wrote about informal economy in Mumbai. Finance in London and TNCs. Manufacturing in developing world and more secondary sector jobs. And stuff like that!

same!! But London isn't a megacity tho... i wrote about NYC instead.
Original post by Prerana

London's population is 15.5Μ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ICB

definitely agree with you on that point, after having the unit 1 paper i was expecting it to be extremely hard but it wasnt that bad at all... though the word order of the questions threw me a bit, the way there were ordered was slightly confusing?

can you remember what the last 8 mark question was for challenges of a rural world?:smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Prerana

I wrote about New York as well! I think London is now classed as a mega city :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by fudgeboy989
London's population is 15.5Μ

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay i remember from one of my case studies that it was around 8 million but okay its probably one of those dumb outdated ones... Anyway i hope you did well^^ what did you write for the sub-Saharan thing...?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
I wrote about New York as well! I think London is now classed as a mega city :smile:

oh thats good!! I found it way way way better than the first paper tbh :smile: what did you get on you CA btw?
Original post by Prerana
oh thats good!! I found it way way way better than the first paper tbh :smile: what did you get on you CA btw?

I got 47 or 48, you? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
In my 8mark question

i think its q5

i wrote about Liverpool and London

it was kinda hard

compare to last years paper there was no 8mark q but only 6marks!!! exam stress
Original post by Prerana
oh okay i remember from one of my case studies that it was around 8 million but okay its probably one of those dumb outdated ones... Anyway i hope you did well^^ what did you write for the sub-Saharan thing...?

I talked about Tanzania and their decline due to exploitation of fdi's such as china. They slightly improved infrastructure during development time, although the world banks stopped funding their aid

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I got 47 or 48, you? :smile:

wow!! i got 44... do you think decision-making is gonna be good?
Reply 18
Original post by fudgeboy989
I talked about Tanzania and their decline due to exploitation of fdi's such as china. They slightly improved infrastructure during development time, although the world banks stopped funding their aid

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok... my school never thought us this tbh... I talked about Uganda and world coffee prices and aids/hiv... by the sound of things you aced the paper :smile: cos in my opinion those were the two hardest questions and your points are pretty solid.
Original post by Prerana
oh ok... my school never thought us this tbh... I talked about Uganda and world coffee prices and aids/hiv... by the sound of things you aced the paper :smile: cos in my opinion those were the two hardest questions and your points are pretty solid.

Screwed up the last 8 marker on challenges of an urban world though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest