The Student Room Group

AQA A2 HISTORY: The Triumph of Elizabeth, 1547-1603 Offical Thread. 2nd June 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sxra
Are people using any other resources aside from the AQA textbook? I'm finding it really hard to remember all of the historical opinion. I can't believe it's less than two weeks until the exam lol fml

My teacher said a question relating to France is quite likely to come up which would be great..

My college gave us a great book entitled 'the reign of Elizabeth 1558-1603' by Mervyn, it's great for filling in details that AQA brush over
Original post by farah_1
Typing it up would make it a lot easier for us to read

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahhh changed my mind actually.

i do it fine, I just have minor mental breakdowns every so often
Original post by sxra
Are people using any other resources aside from the AQA textbook? I'm finding it really hard to remember all of the historical opinion. I can't believe it's less than two weeks until the exam lol fml

My teacher said a question relating to France is quite likely to come up which would be great..

My teacher gave us a resource on the mid tudor crisis and the Good Duke/bad duke vs the revised interpretation debate
Reply 83
Original post by csmith95
My college gave us a great book entitled 'the reign of Elizabeth 1558-1603' by Mervyn, it's great for filling in details that AQA brush over

What details are they? I know that AQA kinda glazed over Anglo-Spanish relations after 1587. I bought John Guy's revision book which is great for an overview but I don't want to miss specifics
Hey guys, hope everything is going well for the exam. I am literally starting my revision-power-run tomoz of just pure Tudor for 9 days! If anyone is wondering about essay practice, I'll upload some essays that I've got. I'll upload a scanned version with all my teachers annotations on it to help anyone who wants to see which is good/ which is crap. And if you then want an original. copy, I can try and upload it on this if you want. I'm absolutely (insert naughty word) for this exam hahaha I really wanted an A but I can't see myself getting it, and I've worked out I can still get a B overall even if I get an E/D on this paper! All the best guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by knighty437
Hey guys, hope everything is going well for the exam. I am literally starting my revision-power-run tomoz of just pure Tudor for 9 days! If anyone is wondering about essay practice, I'll upload some essays that I've got. I'll upload a scanned version with all my teachers annotations on it to help anyone who wants to see which is good/ which is crap. And if you then want an original. copy, I can try and upload it on this if you want. I'm absolutely (insert naughty word) for this exam hahaha I really wanted an A but I can't see myself getting it, and I've worked out I can still get a B overall even if I get an E/D on this paper! All the best guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! was wondering if you could post some essays? I'm seriously worried too.....literally just started revision today and didn't realise how much there was to learn :/ Do you also have any predictions about what you think may come up? Thanking you in advance!
Original post by schoolie33
Hi! was wondering if you could post some essays? I'm seriously worried too.....literally just started revision today and didn't realise how much there was to learn :/ Do you also have any predictions about what you think may come up? Thanking you in advance!

Yeah sure, I'll try and post them tomorrow morning if I can or it will be in the afternoon. The essays are a mix of A's and B's, and the written ones are the ones I did under timed conditions in class. And I'm not good with predictions hahah but I've got a document with all questions which I'll also post for you guys. I'm going to speak to my teacher tomoz so I'll ask her for her predictions, so if anyone wants to make predictions and I could ask her about it? So if two teachers said that France is quite likely, then that would be a good sign!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah sure, I'll try and post them tomorrow morning if I can or it will be in the afternoon. The essays are a mix of A's and B's, and the written ones are the ones I did under timed conditions in class. And I'm not good with predictions hahah but I've got a document with all questions which I'll also post for you guys. I'm going to speak to my teacher tomoz so I'll ask her for her predictions, so if anyone wants to make predictions and I could ask her about it? So if two teachers said that France is quite likely, then that would be a good sign!

Posted from TSR Mobile

GREAT! Thank you so much- I really appreciate your help
Hey Guys, I've tried to upload the essays but apparently they are too large to upload! I may have to scan them all again in black and white to make the file smaller, but it won't be for a few hours before I can upload them sadly. I may try and sort out a drop box link for you all so you can have access to them.
Okay guys finally sorted everything out and have created a Dropbox account for the exam.
Email: [email protected]
Password: elizabeth
All the files are in there, 2 appear to be the same but thet're not! One is an A grade, possible A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Okay guys finally sorted everything out and have created a Dropbox account for the exam.
Email: [email protected]
Password: elizabeth
All the files are in there, 2 appear to be the same but thet're not! One is an A grade, possible A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey I tried logging in but it's not working?
Original post by HayaBukhari
hey I tried logging in but it's not working?

Try again, it definitely works! I've just tried it then and can see all the files there.
Hey,

i am really eager to see these essays however when i try logging in it doesn't work?

x
Original post by Helloello
Hey,

i am really eager to see these essays however when i try logging in it doesn't work?

x

Hmmm this is really strange, I've checked three times now and the account info is definitely correct. Try once more, I've signed out now encase for some reason that works...
It works !!
Thanks ever so much , really appreciate it !
Original post by Helloello
It works !!
Thanks ever so much , really appreciate it !

Great! Glad to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, after that confusion, it seems to appear that as soon as you get the essays please sign out of Dropbox so others can access the account. I should also mention that the essay that got 40 marks was from a very dear friend of mine who kindly lent me her essay and is a saint! Let me know what you guys think of the essays.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by csmith95
My teacher seems to thing foreign policy in relation to France is a strong contender, as it's never come up and there's so much to talk about.
She also said religion is a possibility, more spefically MQS - which would be ideal as this allows you to talk about internal problems, foreign policy with France and Scotland and MQS herself. Really hoping government doesn't come up, it's so dull compared to everything else.
Also, I trust her judgement as she successfully predicted both my AS exams for Russia :smile:

I asked my teacher this and she seemed to agree about France! I think Spain has been on the exam paper for the past 2/3 years, so France would be nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
does anyone have any good notes/resources on parliament and government? I'm really unsure about this area and I have a bad feeling a nasty question on it might come up this year :/
Okay, after that confusion, it seems to appear that as soon as you get the essays please sign out of Dropbox so others can access the account. I should also mention that the essay that got 40 marks was from a very dear friend of mine who kindly lent me her essay and is a saint! Let me know what you guys think of the essays.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I still can not get into the gmail account.
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending