The Student Room Group

What is your favourite & least favourite Tv show ending ever?

I was thinking this through after the tv shows that got cancelled thread.

Favourites:
Breaking Bad was a pretty awesome ending. Won't give details out of tagsas don't want to spoil it but i liked the way it ended for those that haven't seen it yet.

Spoiler

Least Favourite:
Probably got to be Lost, It was just the most unsatisfactory thing ever.

PLEASE spoiler details of endings

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Least favourites are The Sopranos and True Detective.
Reply 2
Favourite

Star Trek: The next generation

Least favourite

How I met your mother :mad:
Reply 3
Favourite

Star Trek: The next generation

Least favourite

Reply 4
Original post by randdom

Least favourite

This was fairly terrible ending.

Spoiler

Scrubs had the best ending IMO....pretty every other show I liked had a disappointing ending - Lost, Smallville, How I Met Your Mother etc etc
Prison Break and Breaking Bad.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Good ending:
Breaking bad

Mediocre ending:
Dexter

Bad ending:
How I met your mother(idea was predicted and badly executed)
Reply 8
Original post by Alleykat606
Scrubs had the best ending IMO....pretty every other show I liked had a disappointing ending - Lost, Smallville, How I Met Your Mother etc etc

Final season ending of Scrubs was decent. Shame The med school series was annoyingly disappointing...

Also, due to the writers strike they almost didn't get their final season so we almost finished with that TERRIBLE medival episode.
I really liked the ending of 'Weeds'- idk if anyone watches it but it was sweet.

HIMYM was terrible imo.
Reply 10
Maybes not my fav but i liked Oz's ending.

Fireflies would be my least.. only because they stopped airing it :tongue:
Original post by Motorbiker
Final season ending of Scrubs was decent. Shame The med school series was annoyingly disappointing...

Also, due to the writers strike they almost didn't get their final season so we almost finished with that TERRIBLE medival episode.

we don't talk about that season... :ninja:

yeah I heard about the writers strike...completely messed up the season.
I forgot about Scrubs.... amazing ending!
Original post by piapiapiano
Prison Break and Breaking Bad.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 14
One of my favourite endings was House M.D when

Spoiler

and I found that such a beautifully way to end such an amazing tv show.

I have another favourite which wasn't the official ending as the show is still running, but it was the end for a couple that I really liked within the show. That was Casualty and it was when Ruth & Jay got to leave happily to go live in a new place to start a family. That was awesome considering most people in the programme are killed off so this was such a nice way to let two very popular characters leave whilst making the fans happy haha.

(FRIENDS had a pretty decent ending as well so that could be a favourite too, I HAVE TOO MANY!)

My least favourite ending has definitely got to be How I Met Your Mother, I really loved the series' however the ending was exactly what everyone knew would happen and so i could have been a bit more exciting and unpredictable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Best ending: Prison Break Probably because that's the only tv show i have fully watched
worst ending: cancelling a show, without an ending:angry:
Original post by Stepherz
One of my favourite endings was House M.D when

Spoiler

and I found that such a beautifully way to end such an amazing tv show.

I have another favourite which wasn't the official ending as the show is still running, but it was the end for a couple that I really liked within the show. That was Casualty and it was when Ruth & Jay got to leave happily to go live in a new place to start a family. That was awesome considering most people in the programme are killed off so this was such a nice way to let two very popular characters leave whilst making the fans happy haha.

(FRIENDS had a pretty decent ending as well so that could be a favourite too, I HAVE TOO MANY!)

My least favourite ending has definitely got to be How I Met Your Mother, I really loved the series' however the ending was exactly what everyone knew would happen and so i could have been a bit more exciting and unpredictable.

I agree with the himym ending. I don't think there was anything wrong with the idea but it was very poorly executed and not enough detail was shown to the supposedly 'surprising' event that happened. Trying to be as vague as possible to avoid spoilers
Original post by GCSEsitter
I agree with the himym ending. I don't think there was anything wrong with the idea but it was very poorly executed and not enough detail was shown to the supposedly 'surprising' event that happened. Trying to be as vague as possible to avoid spoilers

Discuss endings as much as you like with spoilers just put the spoilery parts inside [ spoiler] [ / spoiler ] tags( with no spaces).
Reply 18
Favourite ending: The Wire. Out of all the countless TV shows I've seen, it's the only show that I would consider decent, every other show is just...bad. The ending was very well written. A fitting conclusion to the greatest show ever (and the only decent show ever made). Worst ending: definitely has to be Breaking Bad. Not only is the whole show really, really trashy, but that ending...at first I was shaking my head, then I just had to smile to myself, then that smile turned to laughter. What was I expecting from such a terrible show that has let me down countless times? The worst ending I've ever seen, by far. A fitting ending to such a rubbish show. Really badly written ending I have to say. The show was trashy all along, really bad show, and the ending just completely solidified that for me. It was the final nail in the coffin. Such a trashy show. I wasn't really disappointed or shocked by the ending, it was to be expected. So actually, it was a really fitting end to a rubbish show. It's a trashy show, so it deserves an absolutely rubbish ending.
Original post by Motorbiker
Discuss endings as much as you like with spoilers just put the spoilery parts inside [ spoiler] [ / spoiler ] tags( with no spaces).

I'm using the mobile app and that's not available on this app to my knowledge

Quick Reply

Latest