Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3480
Did anyone find out what the interview score for an offer was

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
Did anyone find out what the interview score for an offer was

Posted from TSR Mobile

For a100 it was 68% if I remember correctly. They posted it on their update page (on my phone otherwise I'd link)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3482
Original post by Amyk89
For a100 it was 68% if I remember correctly. They posted it on their update page (on my phone otherwise I'd link)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oo cool thanks! No worries :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3483
Hi guys! I got an offer for A100 from leicester today!!! I was rejected last month, so I was pretty surprised when they called me this morning to tell me that they would like to offer me a place :eek:. Cannot believe my luck lol, anyways, look forward to seeing everyone in september! :smile:
Original post by syy123
Hi guys! I got an offer for A100 from leicester today!!! I was rejected last month, so I was pretty surprised when they called me this morning to tell me that they would like to offer me a place :eek:. Cannot believe my luck lol, anyways, look forward to seeing everyone in september! :smile:

Fantastic news! well done :smile:
Do you mind sharing what your interview score was?
Reply 3485
Original post by Dr Gin
Fantastic news! well done :smile:

Thanks! It was 66.4%
Original post by syy123

Congrats!!
Reply 3487
Original post by minhle20
Congrats!!

Original post by syy123
Thanks! It was 66.4%

You only missed out by a whisker first time around so your place is very much deserved; enjoy every minute of it!
Just got an email saying i have been put on the waiting list and to phone on results day...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by panjabiflower
Just got an email saying i have been put on the waiting list and to phone on results day...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done - finger's crossed for you! :smile:

Original post by Dr Gin
Well done - finger's crossed for you! :smile:

Cheers :smile:
Do you think that means there still might be places? Also in the email it says if you achieve the grades and have no other offers... Both apply to me now... Shall I ring them now and ask.

I think it was just under 66%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cheers :smile:
Do you think that means there still might be places? Also in the email it says if you achieve the grades and have no other offers... Both apply to me now... Shall I ring them now and ask.

I think it was just under 66%

Posted from TSR Mobile

They know that several offer-holders usually miss-out on their AAA grades. In that case Leicester have the option of accepting them anyway (if they were amazing at interview) or replacing them with someone academically stronger who has achieved the grades but was a fractionally lower performer at interview. They get all the results the day before students find out their grades so, by results day, they have a list of who they will accept. If everyone achieves their conditional grades then there won't be any places (rare I would guess) so it is still down to luck (and, sadly, others bad fortune). Leicester seem to be scrupulously fair about their admissions process so I imagine they will work their way down the list in interview percentage order. As someone got an actual offer 2 days ago on 66.4% my guess would be that you are quite near the top of their list of students to consider.
I really do wish you luck with it; it's a long shot but at least you have a chance!
Original post by Dr Gin
They know that several offer-holders usually miss-out on their AAA grades. In that case Leicester have the option of accepting them anyway (if they were amazing at interview) or replacing them with someone academically stronger who has achieved the grades but was a fractionally lower performer at interview. They get all the results the day before students find out their grades so, by results day, they have a list of who they will accept. If everyone achieves their conditional grades then there won't be any places (rare I would guess) so it is still down to luck (and, sadly, others bad fortune). Leicester seem to be scrupulously fair about their admissions process so I imagine they will work their way down the list in interview percentage order. As someone got an actual offer 2 days ago on 66.4% my guess would be that you are quite near the top of their list of students to consider.
I really do wish you luck with it; it's a long shot but at least you have a chance!

And i already have my grades... Does that make a difference?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely phone/send an email.

I was put on the waiting list around 3 years back, told the same thing but I was persistent and made sure Leicester knew I would accept any offer be it that year or deferred.

I'm now finishing my second year of medicine here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Already having your grades in the bag just means that you know there is hope for certain (and aren't stressing about exams right now!). I don't expect Leicester will mind whether they replace someone with a candidate who got their grades this year or last year but it's difficult to guess how they go about discriminating, for instance, between those who have small percentage differences in their interview performance versus those who have A*'s rather than 'just' A's at A level. Good luck, I hope it all works out for you!
Original post by fallenangel

I was put on the waiting list around 3 years back, told the same thing but I was persistent and made sure Leicester knew I would accept any offer be it that year or deferred.

Ah right. What should I say in email/ on the phone?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallenangel

When did you get your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all, I've been put on a waiting list as well but for the graduate entry. Anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by jimjam123
Hi all, I've been put on a waiting list as well but for the graduate entry. Anyone else in the same boat?

Well done :smile: I have been put on the list for undergraduate. Were you previously rejected?
Whats your interview score if you don't mind?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending