Ye sounds like your similar to me:smile:

Intro
Rising demand- rising population and middle class emerging in Asia
Define food supply and sustainability
rephrase the question
Explain how you will use your diagrams to support your answer
Introduce case studies

Methodology
Use key words such as objective/ subjective, authorative source... to get high marks

Main
Im splitting it into 2
1. Contrast rural/ urban strategy
2. Contrast bottom up/ top down approach

With one economice, social and environment pro and con of each
Also using subconclusions

Conclusion
Say which is best socially economically and environmentally then long term and short term:biggrin:

Thank you so much for your reply, I really needed someone else's thought on the it. Just wondering when they ask global increased food supply in the pre-release they can't come into the exam and say how has food supply increased on a global scale, because local can be also used right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Thank you so much for your reply, I really needed someone else's thought on the it. Just wondering when they ask global increased food supply in the pre-release they can't come into the exam and say how has food supply increased on a global scale, because local can be also used right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes:smile: its not that hard to get into the top bracket on the mark scheme (my teacher says). as long as you do everything it says, for example use your diagrams/ theories in your analysis...
Original post by JamesChowler

Intro
rephrase the question
Introduce case studies

Methodology
Use key words such as objective/ subjective, authorative source... to get high marks

Main
Im splitting it into 2

Conclusion
Say which is best socially economically and environmentally then long term and short term:biggrin:

When you reach the main body of the report , do you go straight into the casestudies and through going through them you illustrate the sustainability etc. or do you write something before going into the source and if ys then what?

Many thanks.
Reply 63
Original post by peter qwert
When you reach the main body of the report , do you go straight into the casestudies and through going through them you illustrate the sustainability etc. or do you write something before going into the source and if ys then what?

Many thanks.

What I and my teacher has suggested to do is describe the case study (how it increased food supply) then go into benefits and cost, linking it with sustainability a bit and then a sub-conclusion just focusing on the 3 aspects of sustainability or whatever you are using.
Reply 64
yes:smile: its not that hard to get into the top bracket on the mark scheme (my teacher says). as long as you do everything it says, for example use your diagrams/ theories in your analysis...

by the way do you have any urban casestudies you may want to share :smile: I only kind of have rural ones I guess...
Original post by lala121
What I and my teacher has suggested to do is describe the case study (how it increased food supply) then go into benefits and cost, linking it with sustainability a bit and then a sub-conclusion just focusing on the 3 aspects of sustainability or whatever you are using.

Thanks , that sounds very good.Did your teacher come up with that? Have you done any reports with that structure and if so what have you got? Would you mind lisitng your rural casestudies.

Many thanks
Reply 66
Thanks , that sounds very good.Did your teacher come up with that? Have you done any reports with that structure and if so what have you got? Would you mind lisitng your rural casestudies.

Many thanks

Oh no my teacher is a bit useless, I came up with it :smile: yeah I have done a few. Example the one previous on sustainability and one that looks at whether sustainable strategies are important.

My rural-ish case studies are:

Green revolution, green revolution for Africa, money maker pumps by kick start (appropriate technology) and great green wall of China.

Have you by chance have any aquaculture or urban cases studies? Because I'm kind of struggling. Also how many case studies are using in the exam? I was thinking 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Oh no my teacher is a bit useless, I came up with it :smile: yeah I have done a few. Example the one previous on sustainability and one that looks at whether sustainable strategies are important.

My rural-ish case studies are:

Green revolution, green revolution for Africa, money maker pumps by kick start (appropriate technology) and great green wall of China.

Have you by chance have any aquaculture or urban cases studies? Because I'm kind of struggling. Also how many case studies are using in the exam? I was thinking 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My teacher said you should do 6 always.Urban can be country policies such as Cuba or population control.
hey, do you reckon "Syngenta Foundation" is high-tech or small-tech? #help
Original post by lala121
by the way do you have any urban casestudies you may want to share :smile: I only kind of have rural ones I guess...

Vertical farming in Japan
Hydropinics (dont know where)
Urban grams/ allotments
:smile:
Im only using 4. You dont have time to do more than 4 in any detail. And if you start doing less of each case study you will lose your structure. As long as you can say how your case studies contrast (rural/ urban, large/ small scale, Top down/bottom up...) thats the main thing

Intro
rephrase the question
Introduce case studies

Methodology

Main
Im splitting it into 2

Conclusion

how much detail should be used for each casestudy? wold u mind just showing us what you do , thanks
What is everyone putting in their introduction?
Reply 73
Original post by recurring500
What is everyone putting in their introduction?

Here is my intro :smile:

Focus: Food security definition, 4 dimensions, Few statistics

Definitions: Sustainability, vent diagram

Framework: reword question, how my report is laid out, table with my case studies (Scale, Case Study, Country)

Posted from TSR Mobile
how much detail should be used for each casestudy? wold u mind just showing us what you do , thanks

Case study1
1 social, 1 economic and 1 environmental pro
1 social, 1 economic and 1 environmental con... of each case study
Making sure your points relate to increasing/ decreasing food supply not general points. Good point would be... chemical fertilizer causes eutrophication which kills fish stocks in lakes reducing food supply.
Make sure to say after each point this increases/ decreases food supply. Then at the end of each section say these points suggest X case study is sustainable.
Original post by lala121
Here is my intro :smile:

Focus: Food security definition, 4 dimensions, Few statistics

Definitions: Sustainability, vent diagram

Framework: reword question, how my report is laid out, table with my case studies (Scale, Case Study, Country)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Thats really good structure. What are the 4 dimensions?
Reply 76
Original post by recurring500
Thanks :smile: Thats really good structure. What are the 4 dimensions?

Access (physical and economical)
Available (national production, import stock)
Utilisation (knowledge and equipment to prepare food)
Stability (stable food supply that does not quality of health)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lala121
Access (physical and economical)
Available (national production, import stock)
Utilisation (knowledge and equipment to prepare food)
Stability (stable food supply that does not quality of health)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. So how much is our focus about producing food?
is everyone only focusing on increasing food production and not on improving distribution or economic access?
because i was thinking about doing 2 case studies on production (one top down, one bottom up), 2 on distribution (top down vs bottom up) and 2 on access (top down bottom up).. or have i got completely the wrong idea?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending